How To Fix Map Queues - Permanently

Pepper.3901

Simple idea.

Implementation maybe not so simple but could easily fix WvW population problems.

Don't lock down a server for being 'full'.

Lock down times of the day that are 'full' every single day without fail.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Equal numbers - equal fights - skill based WvW. <--- That should be the goal, not 'stacking', 'standing down' or 'manipulating populations'.

With a model like this, even BG's downtimes would be an even fight.

i'd kill for free transfer right now, like i dont even want to move to a winning server i want to move to a server where i dont get 2 50 player blobs vs my 15 player group in every match up because of jackittens that manipulate matchup population

@"atheria.2837" said:Simple idea.

Implementation maybe not so simple but could easily fix WvW population problems.

Lock down times of the day that are 'full' every single day without fail.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Equal numbers - equal fights - skill based WvW. <--- That should be the goal, not 'stacking', 'standing down' or 'manipulating populations'.

Your solution doesn't create "skill-based wvw".They need to fix mirage and spellbreaker.They need to adjust firebrand support.They need to completely redesign scourge (there is a reason people are fielding it as 70% of their comp...cause it's broken).They need to flip red and green borderlands. Red is harder to defend, the server at the top of a tier should have the harder time.They need to move red keep further away from SMC in EBG. Neither should be able to hit each other.They need to decapitate the giant vista hill above red keep. Too easy a vantage point to get in to OL.I need lunch so I don't have time to keep going on this list.

@Ubi.4136 said:

Implementation
maybe not so simple but could
easily
fix WvW population problems.

Lock down
times of the day
that are 'full' every single day without fail.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Equal numbers - equal fights - skill based WvW. <--- That should be the goal, not 'stacking', 'standing down' or 'manipulating populations'.

Your solution doesn't create "skill-based wvw".They need to fix mirage and spellbreaker.They need to adjust firebrand support.They need to completely redesign scourge (there is a reason people are fielding it as 70% of their comp...cause it's broken).They need to flip red and green borderlands. Red is harder to defend, the server at the top of a tier should have the harder time.They need to move red keep further away from SMC in EBG. Neither should be able to hit each other.They need to decapitate the giant vista hill above red keep. Too easy a vantage point to get in to OL.I need lunch so I don't have time to keep going on this list.

You don't think that raising the health above one shots wouldn't help to bring more skill to WvW? I know it would...

I agree about the scourges, Anet has made a monster and we just got attacked by 90% scourges in a group of 25-30 people.

I don't think balance is coming to WvW anytime soon.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... help me here... when BG is outnumbered on two maps to three maps, the other servers would get kicked out? To even the numbers?

If the answer is 'yes' and you think WvW was toxic before......

If 'fair fight' which Anet says WvW IS all about is what we are looking for, we need to get the people more spread out of make mapsthat bloom and collapse with 'queue size numbers' and I know it can be done... they do it thousands of times a week for PvE maps.

There shouldn't BE queues, ever, and there don't have to be any.

Conversely, when one server has 100+ but the others even combined don't have anywhere those numbers, we need a remedy, so what do you suggest?

@atheria.2837 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So... help me here... when BG is outnumbered on two maps to three maps, the other servers would get kicked out? To even the numbers?

If 'fair fight' which Anet says WvW IS all about is what we are looking for, we need to get the people more spread out of make mapsthat bloom and collapse with 'queue size numbers' and I know it can be done... they do it thousands of times a week for PvE maps.

Conversely, when one server has 100+ but the others even combined don't have anywhere those numbers, we need a remedy, so what do you suggest?

I think you may have missed my point. Everyone thinks BG has queues on 3-4 maps most nights. BG consistently (even reset this week) has 2 outnumbered (never mind queued) maps.

If the other servers facing BG get kicked off maps..

That was the point of my comment. If other servers facing BG get kicked off maps, people would lose their minds.

@Ubi.4136 said:

Implementation
maybe not so simple but could
easily
fix WvW population problems.

Lock down
times of the day
that are 'full' every single day without fail.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Equal numbers - equal fights - skill based WvW. <--- That should be the goal, not 'stacking', 'standing down' or 'manipulating populations'.

where is red hard to defend lol? its just that nobody wants to play on it and so keeps get flipped by small groups with no resistance,alone the champions make it way harder to flip those things.

@atheria.2837 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:So... help me here... when BG is outnumbered on two maps to three maps, the other servers would get kicked out? To even the numbers?

( If ) When your suggestion is applied into game, you will make new topic here; "I want to play now, not evening", "I dont care about enemy number, I'm avaliable to play at the moment, let me play" something similar topics will go on..

@The Dervish.7384 said:

@"Strider Pj.2193" said:So... help me here... when BG is outnumbered on two maps to three maps, the other servers would get kicked out? To even the numbers?

( If ) When your suggestion is applied into game, you will make new topic here; "I want to play now, not evening", "I dont care about enemy number, I'm avaliable to play at the moment, let me play" something similar topics will go on..

So being in a queue every single night at the same time for months isn't reason to ask players to move to a server that IS openduring those hours and spread out where we can all TRY to have a fair fight - which are words that we've been told very recentlythat WvW is supposed to be all about.

Right now, there are few fair fights. Alliances will force a spreading of players, but it won't address time zone overages and lacks in maps that havebeen queued or not for four or more years consistently.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:Ermm.....

Your suggestion means that people can transfer in via other timing.

To pull this off, anet has to do a lot of data mining and analysis, then personalize the data. Anet is a game company and I'm sure they don't specialize in that area.

Wow, no, that's not even close to the issue.

Logs show how many sit in queues.

Alliances won't fix time zone problems.

If they do, wow, great. No collusion and no double teaming are wonderful fantasies too. :)

@atheria.2837 said:

So being in a queue every single night at the same time for months isn't reason to ask players to move to a server that IS openduring those hours and spread out where we can all TRY to have a fair fight - which are words that we've been told very recentlythat WvW is supposed to be all about.

Right now, there are few fair fights. Alliances will force a spreading of players, but it won't address time zone overages and lacks in maps that havebeen queued or not for four or more years consistently.

So.. again I'll ask: do you think this will do anything to BG? You talk about sitting in queues. BG rarely has queues any more, and when they do, it's one to two maps. And they are likely playing on one of the open ones. If those are ok to move, then how do you handle MAG? Where almost the whole server queues up for EBG, but the other BLs are relatively empty.

Kick people off linked servers? Because from what has been noted by many those are the servers that are queued significantly right now.

Now, if you drop the map caps by 25 down to around 50 ish, then maybe we can talk. But even then, how do you decide, for example, if SBI or Kaneing loses peeps?

• 2 weeks later...

@atheria.2837 said:

You can not fix time zone issue on anything. Other than this, today i might want to play but tomorrow same time/hour of the day i would not, I can be busy or you can be busy. There will not be something to fix this.

Archived