Getting to Crystal Desert on alt characters

Shinymeta.7985

There are currently three known ways:

• Lily of Elon Pass, if you bought the Deluxe or Ultimate edition of the game.
  • Teleport to Friend
  • After completing the entire story and starting an optional quest, you can obtain an account-bound item that will teleport any character to a specific location in one of the maps (I'm being purposely vague because some people would consider it a spoiler).

• 11 months later...

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There are currently three known ways:

• Teleport to Friend
  • After completing the entire story and starting an optional quest, you can obtain an account-bound item that will teleport any character to a specific location in one of the maps (I'm being purposely vague because some people would consider it a spoiler).

Your beautifully vague item suggestion completely slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder!

@Comanche.1907 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:There are currently three known ways:
  • Teleport to Friend

Your beautifully vague item suggestion completely slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder!

Glad it was helpful. :)

At the time of the post, it was a minor spoiler and I try to support folks who want to choose whether to be spoiled or not while looking for unrelated advice.

BTW in case it's relevant to anyone: using a Teleport to Friend, Lily of the Elon pass, the item from finishing the story or going to the Vabbi Guild Hall will all work on characters below level 80 (who cannot even start the PoF story).

However you are not boosted to level 80 in PoF maps so trying to go anywhere or do anything is very risky. I sometimes go to the Lily of the Elon on low level characters just because it's convenient but even going into Amnoon is dangerous because there can sometimes be enemies there and they will kill a low level character instantly.

@Comanche.1907 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:There are currently three known ways:
  • Teleport to Friend

Also note that unlike core or HoT areas, in PoF, entering a zone unlocks a specific WP instead of the one nearest to where you start. So when this item takes you to your destination, it unlocks a WP on the other side of the map near the portal. If you go through the portal to the next zone, it will once again unlock the WP near the "entrance" which is on the far side of the map. You can follow this chain all the way to Amnoon, opening up a lot of the desert along the way.

@"Danikat.8537" said:BTW in case it's relevant to anyone: using a Teleport to Friend, Lily of the Elon pass, the item from finishing the story or going to the Vabbi Guild Hall will all work on characters below level 80 (who cannot even start the PoF story).

However you are not boosted to level 80 in PoF maps so trying to go anywhere or do anything is very risky. I sometimes go to the Lily of the Elon on low level characters just because it's convenient but even going into Amnoon is dangerous because there can sometimes be enemies there and they will kill a low level character instantly.

OK, I didn't know that sub-80s can use the Lily pass (thanks), partially because of those reasons that you cite for it being dangerous. I suppose it should have been obvious - to my knowledge, none of the other lounge passes (I have all of them) are level-gated, but:

• the Royal Terrace is in a city where there aren't any foes.
  • the Captain's Airship is way up high up there and there's nothing else up there that can hurt you.
  • the same can be said about the Lava Lounge.
  • the area immediately outside the Noble's Folly lounge has no enemies, and requires you to glide / griffon / plummet significant distances before you can meet any foes, although they will rapidly splatter low-level characters, since you're in Verdant Brink...
  • the Mistlock Sanctuary is not even in the world, and there aren't any foes there.

Overall, in "normal" play, if I wanted to send a lowbie to a lounge, it would be the Mistlock Sanctuary because of the ease of returning to where I was.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Danikat.8537" said:BTW in case it's relevant to anyone: using a Teleport to Friend, Lily of the Elon pass, the item from finishing the story or going to the Vabbi Guild Hall will all work on characters below level 80 (who cannot even start the PoF story).

However you are
not
boosted to level 80 in PoF maps so trying to go anywhere or do anything is very risky. I sometimes go to the Lily of the Elon on low level characters just because it's convenient but even going into Amnoon is dangerous because there can sometimes be enemies there and they will kill a low level character instantly.

OK, I didn't know that sub-80s can use the Lily pass (thanks), partially because of those reasons that you cite for it being dangerous. I suppose it should have been obvious - to my knowledge, none of the other lounge passes (I have all of them) are level-gated, but:
  • the Royal Terrace is in a city where there aren't any foes.
  • the Captain's Airship is way up high up there and there's nothing else up there that can hurt you.
  • the same can be said about the Lava Lounge.
  • the area immediately outside the Noble's Folly lounge has no enemies, and requires you to glide / griffon / plummet significant distances before you can meet any foes, although they will rapidly splatter low-level characters, since you're in Verdant Brink...
  • the Mistlock Sanctuary is not even in the world, and there aren't any foes there.

Overall, in "normal" play, if I wanted to send a lowbie to a lounge, it would be the Mistlock Sanctuary because of the ease of returning to where I was.

I only have the Lily pass so if I want to go to a town instantly for free that's typically where I go. Also I like to check periodically to see whether maps are actually restricted, or if it's just a bad idea to go there before you meet the requirements. Somewhere I have a screenshot of a low level character (14 I think) in Forsaken Thicket - having gone through Brisban and the first part of Verdant Brink to get there. Of course I couldn't do anything but I like that the game lets you ignore the requirements if you want to.

Archived