Please buff weaver dps (pvp only)

Coolguy.8702

Mender druid and spellbreaker have more sustain while hitting much harder. Weaver dps is a joke right now unless you use the meme scepter build which gets trashed easy. Good start would be 50-100% sword buffs all around and make the sword animations not be so predictable

I would be curious what happens if they increased the range of sword, especially the dual skills. Making them easier to hit would increase not only damage but the fun and predictability too, even increasing barrier uptime a bit via elemental refreshment.

I would prefer that for a start instead of simple damage buffs. Which I would still like of course. ;)

The issue of the elementalist/weaver/tempest when it come to dps in PvP have always been the same and it have never been a problem of numbers. The elementalist need to have something that give him the leisure necessary to develop it's momentum and land it's damage. Objectively, the damage potential of the sword weaver is already above the damage potential of other professions that are deemed op in PvP, it doesn't make sense to buff something which is already good when the issue come from elsewhere.

The problem is landing the damage. Sword skills are incredibly telegraphed when compared to other classes. It also doesn't have much range and the fire leap is so kitten slow, especially since it only has 450 range. If ele could land damage more reliably, this wouldn't be such a big problem. I really think that damage doesn't have to be increased at all. The attacks just need to be more reliable.

This might change (or not) when people start to test new phantaram's Build... check his new stream's.

https://www.twitch.tv/phantaram/videos/all

It seems that his build works around issues of Weaver but it might just work for him (ex proleague Player). Defenity he kills people with it... but lack of condi clense hurts alot! Look on his twitch for cele lighting rod build.

@"Mr Godlike.6098" said:This might change (or not) when people start to test new phantaram's Build... check his new stream's.

https://www.twitch.tv/phantaram/videos/all

It seems that his build works around issues of Weaver but it might just work for him (ex proleague Player). Defenity he kills people with it... but lack of condi clense hurts alot! Look on his twitch for cele lighting rod build.

That will hardly work with the current meta. Too many scourges and especially condi mirages. Might work in other matchups though.

@Megametzler.5729Well according to phanta and based on his streams his build counters holo - I mean murders holo's...so it's something and definitely works at least for him.

Obvious answer is that is countered by scourge/condi Mesmer something...but we can say same thing about almost everything now in pvp. We can still kill them when there are outnumbered and avoid 1v1 or getting +1'ed, so I personally can live with that.

We still need to see how this build will perform after he makes build guide and more (good) players will test/fight against this build. I personally have no opinion cause it's hard for me to switch from menders and avoid many bad habits. Definitely I will try it more in unranked for now.

@Mr Godlike.6098 said:

@Megametzler.5729Well according to phanta and based on his streams his build counters holo - I mean murders holo's...so it's something and definitely works at least for him.

Obvious answer is that is countered by scourge/condi Mesmer something...but we can say same thing about almost everything now in pvp. We can still kill them when there are outnumbered and avoid 1v1 or getting +1'ed, so I personally can live with that.

We still need to see how this build will perform after he makes build guide and more (good) players will test/fight against this build. I personally have no opinion cause it's hard for me to switch from menders and avoid many bad habits. Definitely I will try it more in unranked for now.

Yeah, new ideas are always good and one should always try. :p It lets you adapt to different situations. But I watched the video a bit and... well, some of his enemies were like really really bad. Ele can duel mirages even with avatar or sage - as long as they use water traitline. It cant kill most holos then, though, indeed.

So: If the enemy comp is holo/thief/warrior/ranger-heavy, this might be an option if your team needs some (direct) damage. It might work for some fun in unranked as a more offensive variant and in some setups in ranked - which can of course be good enough. ;)

Yeah, weaver has plenty of damage. The issue is indeed that it's far too easy to dance around.This becomes pretty apparent if you try a bunch of duels. Good players can simply kite you. Even largely melee classes like guardian can do some significant kiting.

I found it a lot easier to kill things with dagger weaver, since it's a LOT easier to land your damage. You don't have riptide, so it's probably worse overall, but seems to have a lot more offensive pressure.

let's see, if I were to rework weaver...

first, I'd make a few changes in the interest of letting sword weaver stick to people bettersword fire 2, flame uprising - range increase: 450 -> 600sword earth 2, earthen vortex - evade window reduced: 1.0s to 0.66s. But can now be used while moving

then, riptide gets a bit of a reworksword water 2, riptide - Evade window reduced: 1¾s -> 1s. Distance traveled mostly unchanged, perhaps normalized from "~390" to 450, but travel speed increased to cover the same distance. Water field and the healing is not created until the end of the evade. Total heal/damage amount unchanged but compressed into 2 seconds. (optional: No longer grants regen, but instead cures a condition when the field expires)Why? Another change made in the interest of letting weaver keep up offensive pressure and increasing mobility, coming at a bit of a cost to raw defense. Also makes the decision to stay in the field or not more of a choice.

next, double attune skills. They are already gated by having to double attune to use them, which, among other things*, robs you of an extra skill 2 cooldown to use, and sword skill 2s are sword weaver's bread and butter. So there's no need for the double attune skills to also be so slow and hard to hit with. Cast time reduced by like 20-33%. (optional: Quantum Strike and Aqua Siphon primary strike increased to 3 targets. secondary proc remains 1 target). Aqua Siphon could also use a raw numbers increase on top of this.

'* "other things" includes: losing out on some of the traits triggered on-attunement, such as most of the defensive procs, and losing the 120 extra stat bonus from getting a bonus for both attunements

also, while not really part of the rest of this, a buff to water auto chain. There's no reason for it to be this useless. It's not like it even does significant healing, so it has no business doing 1/3 the damage of the other auto chains. Just a straight up numbers increase. Damage increased by 50%.Or healing by 50% if you prefer. Or even both. It's weak enough that you could do both. The healing amount on the current water auto chain is about the same as just having regeneration.It's not really noticeable at present since most of your time in water attunement is spent casting riptide, and the rest is spent using the dual attack, so you never actually use the auto, but with a faster riptide, you'll be left with nothing to do but slap your enemy with a wet noodle, so this move needs to not be trash.

Anyway, with all that, sword weaver should be ok? I'd still throw in a trait rework, though, to get rid of its being pigeonholed into taking water on every build. As well as make changes dagger and staff to make them play better with the weaver spec, and changes to unravel.

seven ran this half a year ago.. hint: he doesnt play

all these 'new builds' by phanta when he barely plays the game is a meme in itself. "it's the best build ever" - goes and plays another game for half a year only to come back and state he wasnt happy with weaver.. and ppl falling for this is the most ridiculous.

the build has some good moments vs some classes and shines esp with the surprise but you are not a good teamfighter on it as u can not handle condis or dish out enough aoe and you are probably running on far/close into mirage/warrior which should counter it. gl with it.

More damage to sword weaver? As if those weaver builds aren't incredibly tanky, almost impossible to kill solo without a +1 with all them evades and heals qwq not to mention the condi damage actually does a fairly good job of grinding you down.

Idk man if i'm playing pure damage and am in a 2v1 vers a weaver and it still takes over a minute to kill it (without them kiting off point) then i think you might as well embrace that sword weaver is more of a bunker than dmg dealer.

@ChartFish.1308 said:More damage to sword weaver? As if those weaver builds aren't incredibly tanky, almost impossible to kill solo without a +1 with all them evades and heals qwq not to mention the condi damage actually does a fairly good job of grinding you down.

Idk man if i'm playing pure damage and am in a 2v1 vers a weaver and it still takes over a minute to kill it (without them kiting off point) then i think you might as well embrace that sword weaver is more of a bunker than dmg dealer.

If you're taking a minute to kill a weaver 2v1 without ever being able to force them off point, I think if it was a spellbreaker or holosmith, he would've killed both of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Their dps is fine, but they need the help of other classes that can outheal anything. Weaver is way to squish. Lack of condi cleanse is mind boggling, it turned me away from pvp. Everything can dish out condis, yet anet is going to make a profession spec that can't handle it.

Archived