Anet Devs are Racist?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh for the love of Mike...

And so now we get into racism, not just sexism, from - drumroll please - Price! Again! Who can't seem to keep their mouth shut and not be a) profane, b) inflammatory, and c) a horrible representative of the entire company.

ArenaNet, do something about this utter disgrace of a person. Fire them immediately. This is unacceptable in ANY situation.

@DijitalKiD.2154 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?

1. I don't think you read her post correctly, if you're trying to say that it is calling POC inferior. Might want to read it again.
  2. Every other thread about her is still about her. It could have still gone there.

You know.....i really didn't want her to fired, but after seeing some of the stuff she posts [and the pretty clear change that her writing has had on our PC in-game since i think she's one of the person in charge of that], i kinda feel she deserves the sack.

This is not a one-time thing Anet, this happened in the past and i'm 100% sure i remember that the community had a slight uproar when she was brought in because they knew how she actually was.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:And you couldn't have added this to one of the other numerous threads because . . . ?

No other thread is highlighting the disgusting racism. Are you attempting erasure of a POC voice?

1. I don't think you read her post correctly, if you're trying to say that it is calling POC inferior. Might want to read it again.
  2. Every other thread about her is still about her. It could have still gone there.

The other threads are asking about sexism at Anet. This thread is asking about racism at Anet.

@DijitalKiD.2154 said:

The other threads are asking about sexism at Anet. This thread is asking about racism at Anet.

No, your thread is about Jessica Price, just like all the other ones that already existed before you made this one. This one, the main one with 7+ pages, the one that was closed last night, and the other three or four I've seen posted in between those. I don't disagree that she has repeatedly said things that should not be said, especially by someone representing Anet in her Twitter description. But the forum spam is getting old.

@Digitix.9241 said:

She deserves EVERY. SINGLE. POST. xd

I agree. The more threads there are about this disgrace - i.e., the more people speaking out about it - the more ArenaNet will (hopefully) realize this is actually a big deal and needs to be dealt with immediately.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

No, your thread is about Jessica Price, just like all the other ones that already existed before you made this one. This one, the main one with 7+ pages, the one that was closed last night, and the other three or four I've seen posted in between those. I don't disagree that she has repeatedly said things that should not be said, especially by someone representing Anet in her Twitter description. But the forum spam is getting old.

No, racism is a different crime from sexism. I would like to know what Anet thinks about racism. I can read the other topic for sexism. This one is about racism and what Anet is going to do about it.

Those ppl that hired her are the ones that should get immediately a sanity check.

Srsly. If you hire someone like her she needs to either be a genius at work or you are completely unqualified to judge people, access their value for your project and HIRE them.

No more money from me, not because of JP but because of the already existing environment at Anet that allowed someone like her to join the team and work there.

Sad.

Lmao. Willing to bet OP is alt-right. Anyways, there's nothing inherently racist about her tweet. She claims that 'whiteness' is an arbitrary marker to which we choose to deem others inferior to one another. She never actually says "hurr durr, white ppl r bad" or make any claim based solely on race. (Though I suppose it might be somewhat implied.) You could make a case about the Spain thing though, but I'm not a history genius so I don't exactly know if they created this caste system of "whiteness".

@DijitalKiD.2154 said:

No, racism is a different crime from sexism. I would like to know what Anet thinks about racism. I can read the other topic for sexism. This one is about racism and what Anet is going to do about it.

Racism and sexism are not necessarily crimes.

This thread starts off by implying that multiple devs are racist. Not one individual, an attempt to paint all devs with one broad brush stroke in order to garner a reaction. It goes too far.

The overall topic of the one specific dev's social views as shared on social media exists. There was no need to add to the forum spam IMO.

@Ashen.2907 said:

This thread starts off by implying that multiple devs are racist. Not one individual, an attempt to paint all devs with one broad brush stroke in order to garner a reaction. It goes too far.

The overall topic of the one specific dev's social views as shared on social media exists. There was no need to add to the forum spam IMO.

This is why it is very important for Arenanet to quickly and loudly denounce such behavior in a public manner. Failure to do so speaks volumes about their stance

@"Defias.1892" said:Lmao. Willing to bet OP is alt-right. Anyways, there's nothing inherently racist about her tweet. She claims that 'whiteness' is an arbitrary marker to which we choose to deem others inferior to one another. She never actually says "hurr durr, white ppl r bad" or make any claim based solely on race. (Though I suppose it might be somewhat implied.) You could make a case about the Spain thing though, but I'm not a history genius so I don't exactly know if they created this caste system of "whiteness".

I think making general statements about anyone that identifies as any race is textbook racism. Also, calling the OP names (in your opening words) does not do your post much credit.

To be fair there is a LOT of context needed to that tweet, she was talking about the derogatory term "casta" that originated in mid 16th century Spain, which she believes (fairly arbitrarily, but we're not here to discuss that) marked the start of modern xenophobia.

@"Lalainnia.3598" said:I'm confused on this one what makes this racist exactly lol? Isn't she just saying the term "whiteness" isn't scientifically proven to be an actual thing and just a label to belittle ppl????

I don't know if it's racist but it's just flatout ideological nonesense what she's talking about.

And yes, if you commit a crime and leave DNA traces behind your skin color, eye and hair color can be determined. Why should "whiteness" be a construct? It's an obvious term for an obvious observation of a specific feature of a human.

She's approaching young earth creationist levels here.

@Tolmos.8395 said:

This is why it is very important for Arenanet to quickly and loudly denounce such behavior in a public manner. Failure to do so speaks volumes about their stance

This is not relevant to the point I made. Even if company management, or their lawyers, decide to not make a public denouncement there is no justification for implying that the individual employees of the company are racists.

@Ulyssean.1709 said:

@"Defias.1892" said:Lmao. Willing to bet OP is alt-right. Anyways, there's nothing inherently racist about her tweet. She claims that 'whiteness' is an arbitrary marker to which we choose to deem others inferior to one another. She never actually says "hurr durr, white ppl r bad" or make any claim based solely on race. (Though I suppose it might be somewhat implied.) You could make a case about the Spain thing though, but I'm not a history genius so I don't exactly know if they created this caste system of "whiteness".

I think making general statements about anyone that identifies as any race is textbook racism. Also, calling the OP names (in your opening words) does not do your post much credit.

I want you to link me the the exact general statements that she specifically says aimed at race.

@Ashen.2907 said:

This is not relevant to the point I made. Even if company management, or their lawyers, decide to not make a public denouncement there is no justification for implying that the individual employees of the company are racists.

Guilty by association.If Anet allows it, we know their stance and by proxy the stance of other devs.

I'm not understanding how this is racist. What was your thought process when you read that statement that made you immediately think or interpret rascism. Thats the first step in so we can actually have a conversation. Edit

Also post things in their entiretyCheck out @Delafina777’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/Delafina777/status/1003330622427824128?s=09

Imo she needs to not have a Twitter

Archived