Easiest Hero points to get

Hii will be using my lvl 80 boost on my other character, so i am thinking about the easiest HPs to get,central tyria's are dispersed and only reward 1 point.Heart of magma's reward 10 but it was too difficult to gain due to champions BS :\i I don't know about the PoF HPs, are they as difficult as HoT's ? and does getting them all will be enough to fully train one elite specialization ?

@NiSHAN.4385 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:assuming you go into PoF with all of your base stuff unlocked.

what do you mean ?

I mean having all of your class's base traits and skills unlocked. If you go into PoF without all of that already unlocked, you'll have to spend some of those HPs on the core specializations before you can use them on either of the elite specializations.

Edit: To put it in clear numbers . . .PoF will give you a total of 290 Hero Points (29 Hero Challenges/Communes in the zones).An elite spec. will cost you 250 Hero Points.The core specs will cost you 60 Hero Points for each spec (5 specs total).And then you'll have the core skill unlocks for a total of 98 Hero Points .

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:assuming you go into PoF with all of your base stuff unlocked.

what do you mean ?

I mean having all of your class's base traits and skills unlocked. If you go into PoF without all of that already unlocked, you'll have to spend some of those HPs on the core specializations before you can use them on either of the elite specializations.

It's impossible to be short on points and lvl 80. Leveling to 80 (whether through boost or not) gives enough points.The boost will also auto-spend those points so it's all unlocked.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

what do you mean ?

It's impossible to be short on points and lvl 80. Leveling to 80 (whether through boost or not) gives enough points.The boost will also auto-spend those points so it's all unlocked.

Doh, my brain somehow completely forgot that. Good points there!

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

what do you mean ?

Doh, my brain somehow completely forgot that. Good points there!

To be fair, that wasn't always the case. As a veteran, it can be sometimes difficult to keep track of ANet's consistency.

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:None of PoF's HPs involve killing champions, and most are very easy to get (and easy enough to get to). And yes, you'll definitely have enough to train at least one elite spec, assuming you go into PoF with all of your base stuff unlocked.

This is true except the first part. There are several HPs in PoF that involve killing champions. However, they are solo-able.

HoT:Verdant Brink - 110 hp total - 1 veteran (easy soloable), 7 communes = 80 hp solo

Auric Basin - 110 hp total - bacon hero point + 2 commune, if you go into the hole after AB octovine meta you can pretty much always get the champion fight against the exlated there too. additionally, the golem hero point here only spawns champions for hp trains- if you go alone, it's 3 veteran golems which are easy enough to solo (theres another commune but guarded by a champion) = 30 hp solo, 40 hp if you go in after meta, 50 if you take on golem alone

Tangled Depths - 110 hp total - 3 commune (one requires itzel mastery 4 and needs long stealth or is inaccessable if chak driver is up)(theres an extra commune but the mushrooms that guard it are hard to solo) = 30 hp solo

Dragon's Stand - 70 hp total - ALL communes, but 4 are locked behind meta- on the other hand, meta is very easy to do and you just need to be aware of the timer - event timer wiki page for that = 30 hp without meta and 70 hp with meta.

TOTAL = 80 + 50 + 30 + 70 = 230 hero points with easy solos.You need 250 hero points per elite spec- that's only 20 hp off of maxing an elite spec. Mind also that, pretty much with exception to the mushroom queen in tangled depths, 2-3 players of average skill can kill all champion hero points even with sub par builds.

I don't know the stats or ins and outs of PoF because i don't spend much time there, but i do know this: EVERY fight is soloable by the average player, but some fights take a lot of effort and learning to solo compared to other fights. 60 hero points are somewhat difficult to do alone.

branded ogre and dust mite twister in highlands and awakened family in vabbi hero points are pretty easy but if you don't know how they attack very easy to fail also. (dust twister = dodge when it knocksdown, very difficult due to lack of visual indicator- mostly familiarity in timings for this one. stun breaks help)(branded ogre = dodge during it's big knockback - familiarity again but much easier to tell when he's gonna do this attack due to visual cue. can also stand with back to the crystal to avoid getting knocked off platform)(awakened family = mostly a case of being on point with avoiding AoE circles, there's a couple family members which apply cripple - this is the BIGGEST killer, as cripple makes it hard to run out of aoe circles. condi cleanses help or avoiding cripple attacks)

Harpy and shannah the whatever hero points in desolation often need two people sheerly due to the high amount of damage the harpy/shannah do- but kiting works for both fights, a little harder to kite shannah though due to the frequency of attacks (anything able to generate quickness and alacrity, or have endurance generation boosts will have a significantly easier time with her), for harpy you can get it's minions on low hp and kill them when downed to rally. dodge back and go to ranged weapons when harpy places tornado.

Finally, magic muddled djinn in crystal oasis is a very soloable hp, but it's not the hero point which kills- it's the hydras/sand lions which aggro to the fight. it's VERY hard to avoid their aggro (but is possible) and once they're involved, the fight is no longer soloable for most. sheer numbers are the only answer to this for the average player. (luckily, numbers only means 2-4 people depending on skill).

edit: oh yeah two more hero points to mention in elon riverlands.branded forgotten preist hp = watch from a safe place near the cave/high on the ridge above, wait until the branded hydra passes then go to the hp without attracting it's aggro. once you start the hero point pressure the forgotten priest into the WALL so when the hydra passes you it won't aggro. as long as you avoid the aggro of the hydra the fight is easy, so beware when dodging backwards - you'll only narrowly avoid the hydras aggro by getting as tight to the wall as possible, when the hydra appraoches stop fighting to hug the wall- you can tank the damage from the preist, but the hydra will end most players.

trunt? whatever the giants name is = maybe the only hero point in all of PoF i'd call truly hard. i managed to solo him once, but honestly, i forgot how lol. his high damage combined with knockdown + taunt combo will leave you incapacitated and eating damage if you're face tanking it...pets and minions help a lot if you have them as they can eat those attacks instead. Stun breaks or otherwise being familiar enough to deal with his CC attacks is the big thing here, and always dodge SIDEWAYS to avoid his attacks - which run in a straight line/cone sort of projection for a long distance, hense a mistimed dodge backwards can often end up with you taking the attack you meant to avoid.

@Biff.5312 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:None of PoF's HPs involve killing champions, and most are very easy to get (and easy enough to get to). And yes, you'll definitely have enough to train at least one elite spec, assuming you go into PoF with all of your base stuff unlocked.

This is true except the first part. There are several HPs in PoF that involve killing champions. However, they are solo-able.

There isn't a single HP in PoF that requires killing champions. There are quite a few that involve killing Veterans and/or groups of normal mobs (and one or two that have groups of Veterans), though.

@Biff.5312 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:None of PoF's HPs involve killing champions, and most are very easy to get (and easy enough to get to). And yes, you'll definitely have enough to train at least one elite spec, assuming you go into PoF with all of your base stuff unlocked.

Please by all means point out which ones require you to kill a champ.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_hero_challenges_in_the_Crystal_Desert

@"NiSHAN.4385" said:Hii will be using my lvl 80 boost on my other character, so i am thinking about the easiest HPs to get,central tyria's are dispersed and only reward 1 point.Heart of magma's reward 10 but it was too difficult to gain due to champions BS :\i I don't know about the PoF HPs, are they as difficult as HoT's ? and does getting them all will be enough to fully train one elite specialization ?

Since ya'll have shared the solo methods- Ima share a lazy way.

By far the easiest way I've found to getting HP's for my alts is to join trains.If you are on NA I constantly see HP Trains being ran in HoT. Its just a mass amount of people using Alts/New characters to run through all of the HP's on each of the maps, usually pretty casual so you just have to follow the Commander. Whole thing should net you around 330 HP's if my math is bueno.

Tutorial for LFG feature if ya need it.Press Y to open this menu or click the icon in the upper left.Looking_For_Group.jpg

These groups of like 25-50 people will be listed under the "Open World" option. The train's location will vary upon map (I.E; Verdant Brink, Auric Basin, Tangled Depths, etc.) so just select the maps until you see where the train is.

For PoF Specs i recommend the following video

Its a easy rotation that can be done as soon as you unlock all Mounts with a few masterys levels.Keep in mind that as a new player it would take a while to unlock all the basic masterys for each mount. But since they are account wide, once you have done it once you can repeat it for other alts.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:None of PoF's HPs involve killing champions, and most are very easy to get (and easy enough to get to). And yes, you'll definitely have enough to train at least one elite spec, assuming you go into PoF with all of your base stuff unlocked.

Maybe they're not officially designated as 'champions'. I don't care about the jargon. The point is that you have to fight something at those HPs, which I gathered was the OPs concern. Nitpicking semantics is of no interest.

@Biff.5312 said:

Maybe they're not officially designated as 'champions'. I don't care about the jargon. The point is that you have to fight something at those HPs, which I gathered was the OPs concern. Nitpicking semantics is of no interest.

Not semantics when their issue was specifically about champions and not fighting something in general:

@NiSHAN.4385 said:Heart of magma's reward 10 but it was too difficult to gain due to champions BS :\

Edit 07/13/18:

I will also add that the only complaint that players have ever really made about HoT HP’s has been because of champions.

@Biff.5312 said:

Given that there's a world of difference between soloing a veteran (easy for mediocre me) and soloing a champion (I don't think I've ever solo-killed one) it is far from semantics.

@Biff.5312 said:

It's not just a difference in name. A Champion will have more health and do a lot more damage to the player than a Veteran. So, an HP that requires killing a Veteran is going to be a heck of a lot easier for a solo than one requiring a Champion kill. That being said, some Veterans can still pack quite a punch, obviously, and it doesn't help when they're surrounded by other Veterans.

Archived