wvw rewarding

Safandula.8723

I love wvw in this game, outside of it i don't really want to do more things than that. But the problem is i sometimes have to. Its really hard to earn stuff from just playing wvw, for example, u get preaty nice amount of gold by playing a lot of pvp, u got tons of stuff from pve, but to make full ascended gear from only wvw, it requies quite a bit of time. We get about 1/3g from leveling up in wvw, that takes about 1h of roaming without boosters. Imo its kinda poor compared to other parts of this game.Or legendary armor. To make it i need 1800 lvl. By making about 2 levels per day, it takes about 2,5 year of playing every day.Am i the only one that thinks wvw should get better rewards, or is it just my stupid complaining?Cheers

You aren't the only one. While it's not hard to get stuff using birthday boosters, food, & guild boosts it still is slow. Really slow depending on your server and it's pop too. I find that higher tier pop servers can usually get a lot of loot bags and levels because they can face roll everything in their path. Problem a lot of people have is that they already complain about pip farmers taking up spots in que, so if you start increasing rewards too much you'll have more people taking que away from those that really want to play WvW vs loot farmers.

@Safandula.8723 said:I love wvw in this game, outside of it i don't really want to do more things than that. But the problem is i sometimes have to. Its really hard to earn stuff from just playing wvw, for example, u get preaty nice amount of gold by playing a lot of pvp, u got tons of stuff from pve, but to make full ascended gear from only wvw, it requies quite a bit of time. We get about 1/3g from leveling up in wvw, that takes about 1h of roaming without boosters. Imo its kinda poor compared to other parts of this game.Or legendary armor. To make it i need 1800 lvl. By making about 2 levels per day, it takes about 2,5 year of playing every day.Am i the only one that thinks wvw should get better rewards, or is it just my stupid complaining?Cheers

You don't need to be rank 1800 to make legendary armor. It's only required if you want the mistforged version of it which is a shiny.

You can have all of the benefits of legendary armor in around 22 weeks. (+ a few for the item)

And now, the grandmaster marks can come from the WvW skirmish tracks as well.

WvW doesn't really reward you for playing directly. It gives you easy access to unidentified dyes, which is around 20s each and the fact that you can drop ascended bear (or any items for that matter) from any mob or enemy you kill. Leveling can be made faster with smart movement. Perma flipping camps, farming the veteran events and sentries are quick and always available, joining a zerg occasionally gives you a bunch of exp as well. Especially capping a Keep or SM Castle gives you a ton. Also keep in mind that you usually get rares from a level up as well. Two rares plus the 33 silver for example would already be close to a full gold after salvaging. Every reward track bag also has a chance for ascendeds + you get a ton of materials from Loot bags plus the tracks themselves

As Strider said you don't need to be rank 1800 for legendary either. You finish the Triumphant Hero armor reward track and then unlock the corresponding ascended armor piece of your choice. Any of those ascended pieces can be upgraded to legendary.

From the beginning WvW was terrible at rewards, simply awful. We Mist Warriors had to PVE (I know, the Horror!) to earn some things in order to keep the fight going. We did that, even though it burn't us to the very core of our shriveled souls, we did that because at one time Omnomberry Compote was actually a thing in WvW.

Times changed and we lost many Mist Warriors because, well frankly HoT and the Stability nerf were just borking terrible ideas, and still we persevered.

The benevolent beings at Anet, with all the playful hubris of Greek Gods toyed with us and gave Reward Tracks to help us? No to try and bolster the numbers for WvW by attracting a more... casual crowd.

The new players came and came and came, much like any video with Jenna Jameson. Now here we are.

The rewards are fair if you play well on a high pop server and follow basic zergling tactics. Go to Metabattle, press 1.

• 3 months later...

now, im not gonna complain to much, already got used to shit rewards, i just want to point at the fact how much time do u need to get 2000 lvl in wvw and how much time do u need to get 100 lvl on spvp. I even like the fact wvw offered that shiny armor for a lot of time spent into it, i just dont like the fact u need much less of these time for better armor( more dyable) in spvp. anet really spits on wvw

I just think that's the downside of only playing one game mode in GW2. I started playing PvE only, but out of curiosity I dabbled in WvW. Now not only do I really enjoy the game mode, I find the rewards I get from WvW to be fantastic additions to what I earn in PvE.

Because of WvW I have all the transmutation charges and unidentified dyes I could ever need, and the triumphant hero reward tracks, I have access to tons of stat selectable armor and weapons for alt characters.

Sure, I run my T4 dailies and earn about 10-20g in under an hour, so I can see from the perspective of someone who only plays WvW that the rewards are rather lackluster, which is why I espouse players to try and play all game modes.

@Safandula.8723 said:now, im not gonna complain to much, already got used to kitten rewards, i just want to point at the fact how much time do u need to get 2000 lvl in wvw and how much time do u need to get 100 lvl on spvp. I even like the fact wvw offered that shiny armor for a lot of time spent into it, i just dont like the fact u need much less of these time for better armor( more dyable) in spvp. anet really spits on wvw

Again, if it’s the ‘shiny’ aspect of the armor you want, then WvW isn’t your best option.

If you want legendary for the functionality, then you don’t have a rank requirement.

Making ranks go faster isn’t an issue.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@Safandula.8723 said:now, im not gonna complain to much, already got used to kitten rewards, i just want to point at the fact how much time do u need to get 2000 lvl in wvw and how much time do u need to get 100 lvl on spvp. I even like the fact wvw offered that shiny armor for a lot of time spent into it, i just dont like the fact u need much less of these time for better armor( more dyable) in spvp. anet really spits on wvw

Again, if it’s the ‘shiny’ aspect of the armor you want, then WvW isn’t your best option.

If you want legendary for the functionality, then you don’t have a rank requirement.

Making ranks go faster isn’t an issue.

Yea i get you, only thing i mean rn, is that pvp requiem lot less effort for T3 armor

Archived