Suggestion for Deposit Materials

Corax.7692

If I am honest, I am not fond of items going to the normal bank then. It would clutter my bank too much as I reserve my bank for special items only. If you need more space in material storage, you can expand it a couple of times with a gem item. Or just store it on alt or sell it (trading post is a handy thing).

As for me, I use the overflow of material items as a signal that it's time to do something about that. So I either refine the material, use it for crafting something else, or sell a stack or two on the trading post. If these items went straight to the bank, I wouldn't get that signal that it's time to do something, unless I actually looked in my bank.

I do appreciate that OP is thinking about the game though. :)

@artemis.6781 said:And if you haven't expanded your material storage, I'm guessing that it might be on sale for the anniversary. Regardless, it's nice to have if you ever get the chance to expand it.

I'll keep an eye out for it! I have been buying many of the utility things that have come up on the anniversary sale, and this would count.

If it was an option you could turn on and off I wouldn't mind it, but it's not something I'd ever use myself.

Each tab or line in my bank is for a specific type of item so free spaces are dotted around all over the place, but for good reason. At first glance it probably looks like a mess but to me it's completely organised. (I even have 1 space in the middle of an otherwise full line because it's for the low level 1st version of Mad Memoires and keeping the space empty helps me remember it's 'on loan' to a mid-level character and must be returned, not salvaged, sold or deleted, when she's done with it.)

So with this option crafting materials would end up scattered all over my bank and I'd have to spend ages picking them out. Which is especially annoying as I want to sell most of them so I'd just be moving them back into my inventory where they started so I can get rid of them. When I do want to keep them (like when I get to 250 mithril ore and want to keep it so I can make a lump of mithrilium then make 50 mithril ingots from the ore) I can just drop it into an invisible bag to sort out when I get back to town.

@Corax.7692 said:

@artemis.6781 said:And if you haven't expanded your material storage, I'm guessing that it might be on sale for the anniversary. Regardless, it's nice to have if you ever get the chance to expand it.

I'll keep an eye out for it! I have been buying many of the utility things that have come up on the anniversary sale, and this would count.

It'll be on sale next saturday: August 18—30% Off Storage ExpanderI'm also looking for this (and for the bank expansion) for several months. Happy it finally comes.

@"Danikat.8537" said:If it was an option you could turn on and off I wouldn't mind it, but it's not something I'd ever use myself.

I agree. I use the fact that I can't deposit Empyreal Fragments or their friends to let me know that it's time to feed an Eater or to at least "condense" them into the next tier of items. As a consequence, I have ridiculous quantities of Bloodstone Bricks and similar (but nowhere near 2000, not yet, anyway).

Archived