Miniature Collector title changed

Why did you change the Miniature Collector title (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Collection%E2%80%94Set_I) to Mini Collector? Seems quite silly to change it after 6 years for no good reason. You also renamed the achievement in question from Miniature Collection to Mini Collection in June. Again no good reason since the wardrobe still calls them miniatures.It also ruined the german localisation, which now makes the title look worse ("Miniatursammler" turned into "Mini-Sammler")I hope you will undo this pointless change with the next hotfix

@Eulefant.9624 said:Also agree, Miniature Collector never made me think twice. Mini Collector could be good for asura..

No real reason to change it.

Would be more logical to adjust Golden title's 200 gold requirement to inflation since 2012 :-)

Or make a new golden title. 2000 or 10000g perhaps

But I would prefer if they made more miniature collections (other than the black lion chest exclusive mount ones), it is strange they stopped after 3 sets when we have over 600 different miniatures in the game already

@Dreadshow.9320 said:1 character = 8 bits = 1 byte. So they saved a whopping 5 bytes per player. Yeah I don't know why, for some reason name shortening( does not sound very delicious) equals space saver for me but yeah I don't see it.

That is not how titles work. Each title has an id and your account saves which id you have unlocked. So they saved no bytes at all.

@zombyturtle.5980 said:i actually pref mini collector. miniature sounds too serious to me. but i don't see why they felt the need to change it after all this time

At the very least they should have made a poll about this, or better let us choose

@Malediktus.9250 said:At the very least they should have made a poll about this, or better let us choose

You're underestimating how much effort a poll is. That seems like way too much effort for a mere title.

What I think they should've done is more that they could've used both titles, miniature collector left where it was, and mini collector for the 2nd or 3rd set.I don't see why something should be changed that has been a reward for 6 years either.

Probably because of this.Along with this change, all Minis with the "Miniature" in their names were changed to Mini instead (and the few that had nothing in front of their name were changed to "Mini" too). This was likely done to keep everything the same and stray from going randomly between Mini/Miniature/Nothing.Only the Wardrobe and Hero Tab is called "Miniatures" still, which I guess is just an oversight that should be changed too.

@"Preyar.6783" said:Probably because of this.Along with this change, all Minis with the "Miniature" in their names were changed to Mini instead (and the few that had nothing in front of their name were changed to "Mini" too). This was likely done to keep everything the same and stray from going randomly between Mini/Miniature/Nothing.Only the Wardrobe and Hero Tab is called "Miniatures" still, which I guess is just an oversight that should be changed too.

It seems much more likely to me that it's more complicated than that. ANet has rarely retrofitted anything solely for consistency's sake, and heck, they seem to have a problem maintaining consistency altogether in the first place.

More likely is if there's something in the (current|future) code that relies on certain naming conventions. Or if they had to retrofit other parts of the API for certain objects or data types and, in doing so, killed a smaller bird with the same stone.

They really haven't been known to do anything just for OCD purposes alone; there's always been something else going on.

They did a thorough job of culling the word "miniature". Even the basic description text has been edited. A few aspects were overlooked, such as the name of Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket, but even its description was updated to state "mini".

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:More likely is if there's something in the (current|future) code that relies on certain naming conventions. Or if they had to retrofit other parts of the API for certain objects or data types and, in doing so, killed a smaller bird with the same stone.As best as I can tell, they haven't change the main type of these items which refers to them as "MiniPet". The name itself shouldn't be necessary to program off of; then again, I would never consider myself to be a programmer.

They really haven't been known to do anything just for OCD purposes alone; there's always been something else going on.I'm picturing a new hire being given this as a mind numbing task to see how good of a job they can do (totally not projecting, here).

As for the OP, it may be the case that referring to miniatures when the world is only filled with minis just didn't make sense.

@Greener.6204 said:I'm picturing a new hire being given this as a mind numbing task to see how good of a job they can do (totally not projecting, here).Totally plausible, lol.(Fortunately, my bosses assigned tasks they wanted done, not just stuff that would be nice to have, even for new hires. Then again, I've seen all sorts of managers, so I would believe @Greener.6204's theory.)

@"Greener.6204" said:They did a thorough job of culling the word "miniature". Even the basic description text has been edited. A few aspects were overlooked, such as the name of Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket, but even its description was updated to state "mini".

the wardrobe still seems to call them miniatures too

@FrizzFreston.5290 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:At the very least they should have made a poll about this, or better let us choose

You're underestimating how much effort a poll is. That seems like way too much effort for a mere title.

What I think they should've done is more that they could've used both titles, miniature collector left where it was, and mini collector for the 2nd or 3rd set.I don't see why something should be changed that has been a reward for 6 years either.

A simple forum poll would have been plenty for this, which would take like 5 minutes?

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Greener.6204" said:They did a thorough job of culling the word "miniature". Even the basic description text has been edited. A few aspects were overlooked, such as the name of
, but even its description was updated to state "mini".

Updating UI has always been a slow step for them, or at least a painful one. But yes, I saw that mentioned earlier in this discussion.

@Greener.6204 said:

@Greener.6204 said:They did a thorough job of culling the word "miniature". Even the basic description text has been edited. A few aspects were overlooked, such as the name of
, but even its description was updated to state "mini".

Updating UI has always been a slow step for them, or at least a painful one. But yes, I saw that mentioned earlier in this discussion.

But it would be as easy as changing a few strings in the localisation database as far as I can see. It does not like it would break the layout.

Considering how much other text there is in the game changing these kind of things are simply low priority over new features with new text Im guessing.

Lots of things could be easy as a stand alone change.

Why should this specific wording need to be changed back prioritized over some other minor mistake in a new items text.

Ofcourse I have to wonder why it was worth changing miniatures into minis in the first place. There must be some more important incosistencies than that.

@Zaklex.6308 said:Perhaps because they're actually Mini's and not miniatures(even if the Wardrobe called them that), they've always been known as Mini's, even in GW1 they where Mini's...might have been an oversight to call them Miniature's in the first place.

Mini is simply the abbreviation of miniature. Anet probably thinks it is more cute or something

Archived