[FIXED] Requiem collection: Azi doesn't have Mist-Entangled Item

@"Jeffrey Vaughn.1793" said:There's a fix in the works for a bug we found that's specific to the collection for heavy armor.From: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/689536/#Comment_689536Here's hoping they push out a fix today for both that issue as well as the 5th step asking for an item that doesn't exist in the game (at least for us players).

I am stuck on the Historic Leggings (post patch). I just went to Kito in Chantry of Secrets and completed the heart. The Input Mist-Entangled Item is not in the vendor list. :disappointed:

Update: Although the Mist-Entangled Item was not credited in my collection, I went back to Ely in Lornar's Pass and was able to finish the collection e.g. interact with the Curious Object + Push the red button.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Coopziana.1802 " a dit :Here is what I know about the bug and hopefully this information will help the Dev's find the problem, I hope this is ok and doesn't break forum rules!

1. It's for all Armour types.
  2. The bug lies with Ely; after "Requiem: Experiment 2" we don't get Experiment 3 unlocked. This in turn, I assume, is why Azi does not offer the Mist-Entangled item as the code probably dictates that it's only sold when Experiment 3 is active, Since it isn't active for anyone this is the root cause of the issue.
  3. Azi is not bugged :)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

there were different issues going onone was fixed (perhaps the OP's issue); there are probably others that have not yet been

That was a month ago…

One month and still not fixed? I have the feeling this is too hard to fix for them devs (it happens, sometimes, finding a bug in a code is very hard). Just scrap the whole quest line and put the stuff for sale on a vendor NPC and be done with it.

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

there were different issues going onone was fixed (perhaps the OP's issue); there are probably others that have not yet been

That was a month ago…The point is that an issue that the OP complained about was fixed, they were able to progress the achievement.

One month and still not fixed?Some stuff takes more time. From the Support responses (and other posts) I've seen, it looks as if the devs were initially working under the impression that there was just one issue. They have (again, surmising from pasted responses) realized it was more complicated. They did not choose to stop the initial fix while they addressed other issues.

I have the feeling this is too hard to fix for them devs (it happens, sometimes, finding a bug in a code is very hard). Just scrap the whole quest line and put the stuff for sale on a vendor NPC and be done with it.That's the impatience speaking. I can't blame anyone for being tired of waiting. I hope that most people will see that (a) it's not so simple to "just scrap a whole quest line" or (b) "but the stuff for sale on a vendor and be done with it." Sometimes, that creates additional issues, especially with accounts that are already partially through the collections or have completed them.

You didn't mention the lack of an update. I'm sympathetic to devs because I know it's stressful to stop working on resolving an issue to explain to non-devs (or even coders that are not intimately familiar with the issue) why it's taking so long. On the other hand, I think when there's an issue about content or features hyped by the game director, they really ought to change that implied policy. I think most people are able to be patient for an extra week if they've been getting updates all along, even generic ones like, "we though we had a fix, but then we tested against some of the data from newer support tickets and realized it only fixed half the issue; we're working on the other half, which might take longer."

tl;dr one issue fixed; still issues left to fix and sometimes that just takes longer than any of us feel is reasonable. That doesn't mean it's better or faster to start from scratch. (Even so: they could keep us updated better.)

It seems to me that you are speculating about the first problem being fixed and there being other problems.
It could be entirely possible that the problem was never solved, specially considering that some people that got it "fixed" reported being able to continue the achievement "as if they had purchased the item", but never did, somehow skipping that part, which hardly seems like a "fix".
If my experience programming quests serves me well, my own speculation is that there is "something" preventing the "quest tracking variable" from registering progress after speaking with Ely, probably messing up the counter, hence behaving as if we have already purchased the item from the vendor, but the check on Ely asks for the item on the inventory to progress. My idea is that the problem is on Ely and the tracking variable of the quest, and that this is a single problem, that can manifest itself at any point of the quest after obtaining any piece of the armor.

ANet Faerla wroteUpdate: After a lengthy investigation, I believe I've located the source of the bug and I'm working on a fix. We pushed a fix for a separate but related issue a few weeks back, and this current one was a bit trickier to find."andThey also wroteHey, sorry for the delay. I think I've finally located the source of the issue, and I'm working on a fix. Thank you for your patience, this one was kinda tricky to pinpoint!

• ArenaNet Staff

I'm posting to thank the OP for updating not just the body of their post, but their title, too. This is very much appreciated, as it helps others know that an issue they may have experienced is now fixed, and it also helps others who have different issues recognize that while the one is corrected, what they are noting may need a separate thread. Thank you, @Ashantara.8731 !

Archived