What's with the freakin Butternut Squash Soup PSNA recipe!?

JackassTheX.6351

I'm a returning player (came back in February 2018) and I've been following GW2Timer.com pretty much daily since late March - I have not seen the recipe for Bowl of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soup on offer once in that entire time span. I know the GW2Timer data might not always be 100% accurate, but I've checked it manually over a dozen times and I only saw one "mistake" where the names of the traders and corresponding recipes were swapped, so I tend to trust that tool. Of course there is a possibility of me just... missing it when it was on offer. But that's not the point. I keep seeing Zealot/Celestial Insignia and their various weapon recipes. I have all the other food recipes and most, if not all, maintenance oils/sharpening stones. Mushroom Loaf, Marjorie's chili, Refugee beet soup, Toxic Sharpening Stone, Bountiful Maintenance Oil etc. all of that was on offer at least twice since February.

I simply don't understand why that recipe doesn't show up. 1g for a food item is just ridiculous. 500g for the recipe is even more ridiculous. You can get a legendary precursor for that kind of money!!!

I prefer to make my own food and utilities as opposed to buying them because I love exploration and cooking gives me incentive to visit different maps to get the materials I need. Right now I'm just using the regular Butternut Squash Soup and while it's fine for T4 fractals and such, the completionist in me is ticked off that this one recipe just doesn't seem to factor into the rotation. What gives?

Thanks for that. Just shows how pathetic the rate is. Six times within a span of 10 months, and in two of those instances, five days apart. Meanwhile, I see some items (like Celestial/Zealot insc./insigina) at least weekly. What a load of bull. I guess I can wait until ANet stops releasing patches for GW2 to get ahold of a food item recipe. Gnarly.

@Warlord.9082 said:You are absolutely right, it never shows up.

Neither did the Superior Sigil of Bursting recipe. Unlike your soup recipe, it never showed up once during that time. I had to get it through other means.

There is definitely something broken with the PSNA availability of certain items, and has been for at least half a year now. The devs need to look into it.

Thanks for that. Just shows how pathetic the rate is. Six times within a span of 10 months, and in two of those instances, five days apart. Meanwhile, I see some items (like Celestial/Zealot insc./insigina) at least weekly. What a load of bull. I guess I can wait until ANet stops releasing patches for GW2 to get ahold of a food item recipe. Gnarly.

They do it to make you obsess over it...... its your white whale. But how much is it really worth to you? You could get it at any time off the TP...... but like so many others that can't fathom doing without, will come complain to the forums because you can't do 200 more DPS with full raid buffs. :tongue:

@"starlinvf.1358" said:They do it to make you obsess over it...... its your white whale. But how much is it really worth to you? You could get it at any time off the TP...... but like so many others that can't fathom doing without, will come complain to the forums because you can't do 200 more DPS with full raid buffs. :tongue:

Isn't there a cheaper replacement from the Olmakhan? Avocado Smoothie? Compared to the BSSBSS you lose 20 Power and 10 Ferocity. But you save around 1g in materials. Using the smoothie has been seen as controversial, though.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:A quick sample...

July 30, 2018:
July 25, 2018:
April 21, 2018:
April 5, 2018:
February 10, 2018:
January 24, 2018:

It resets with the daily and patches.

They do it to make you obsess over it...... its your white whale. But how much is it really worth to you? You could get it at any time off the TP...... but like so many others that can't fathom doing without, will come complain to the forums because you can't do 200 more DPS with full raid buffs. :tongue:

No pod is worth two slav- I mean, no recipe is worth almost two commander tags or two Gryphons, I'll tell you that :D

I know it's a petty thing to complain about and I'm also aware it's just another ploy to keep you logging in every day (ANet is good at that), but even so, the RNG for this is ridiculous.

I would at least try and make it so that PSNAs have, let's say, two categories of recipes on offer that change weekly or even daily. That is still plenty of RNG but it's cut down by some varibles. For example, one day, they offer one "weapon" recipe and one "food recipe". Then, they offer an "upgrade" recipe and an "armor piece" recipe. And so on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived