[Suggestion] Make Endless Djinn Tonic Tradeable

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"leon.5364" said:ohh..well i just loot the endless tonic is about time after i farm the event 9 day ago

That sounds super lucky. I did the event a lot of times and noone reported an endless tonic drop. So I expect it to be 1 in 1000 or worse

Your experience can't rule out a higher drop rate. I've done the event 3 times, with participation at (approximately) 10, 25, and 40 people (I wasn't in the squad, so not relying on count from that). Let's say that "a lot of times" means ten times (less than a dozen) and that the average participation was 40 people (double what I've experienced). If the true drop rate is 1:200, then there's a 13% chance that you wouldn't have heard about one dropping.

Stats aside, if the true rate is as generous as 1:1000, it's going to mean that tons of people end up with the tonic, given how many people play the game.

Regardless, I don't think it matters whether the tonic is super rare or incredibly rare. It's clearly not a common drop. And, as I said above, ANet needs to choose one method of exclusivity: low rates or account binding — using both on the same item is an incredibly easy way to frustrate the community, rather than a good way to make loot more exciting.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@leon.5364 said:ohh..well i just loot the endless tonic is about time after i farm the event 9 day ago

That sounds super lucky. I did the event a lot of times and noone reported an endless tonic drop. So I expect it to be 1 in 1000 or worse

Your experience can't rule out a higher drop rate. I've done the event 3 times, with participation at (approximately) 10, 25, and 40 people (I wasn't in the squad, so not relying on count from that). Let's say that "a lot of times" means ten times (less than a dozen) and that the average participation was 40 people (double what I've experienced). If the true drop rate is 1:200, then there's a 13% chance that you wouldn't have heard about one dropping.

Stats aside, if the true rate is as generous as 1:1000, it's going to mean that tons of people end up with the tonic, given how many people play the game.

Regardless, I don't think it matters whether the tonic is super rare or incredibly rare. It's clearly not a common drop. And, as I said above, ANet needs to choose one method of exclusivity: low rates
or
account binding — using both on the same item is an incredibly easy way to frustrate the community, rather than a good way to make loot more exciting.

1:1000 is not even that great seeing as you can only loot the chest once per day per character. But yes, it is quite possible that it would be slightly better or much worse. Collecting enough data will be hard as long as there is no tonic API (which might never come since there isnt even a mount API one year after PoF) so gw2efficiency can make stats for it.

@leon.5364 said:the thing is need to fix is upgrade the time transformation 3 minute is too short for a endless tonic you are agreed with that..the time must we have is like 10 or 15 minute.

I agree, there is no reason for it to be only 3 minutes, even for the one time consumables

and i hope arenanet will hear that because i really want the endless djinn tonic have a better time transformation them 3 minute.i mean by that you farm like a beast this event over and over again at the end you got him and the sad annoying thing you realise is just 3 minute time

@Malediktus.9250 said:1:1000 is not even that great seeing as you can only loot the chest once per day per character. But yes, it is quite possible that it would be slightly better or much worse. Collecting enough data will be hard as long as there is no tonic API (which might never come since there isnt even a mount API one year after PoF) so gw2efficiency can make stats for it.

You seem to miss the point: we can't say what the drop rate is, so pretending we know it undermines the argument.

Instead, keep it really simple: regardless of the specific drop rate, if it's rare, it shouldn't be bound.

I agree with this - rare, random drops shouldn't be account bound on acquire.

It's annoying if you want it and can't get it, but even more annoying if you get one you don't want. There are few things as frustrating in GW2 as having an item you don't want and you know someone else would love to have but being unable to give it to them. It just feels like such a waste to have a really cool item stuck on your account where it's going to go largely unused.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:On principle: if something is super rare, it shouldn't be bound-on-acquisition. If it's bound-on-acquisition, it shouldn't be super rare.Pick one, please.

I absolutely agree with this. I also agree with others who have mentioned a way to forge it out of the single use potions. It doesn't have to be easy, but I'd prefer something a little less disappointing.

@"leon.5364" said:if is was craftable in mystic forge is will be to easy to get the endless tonic djinn

It could require multiple of the normal Djinn Tonics that you get from the event. So you can do the event a bunch of times and slowly acquire enough tonics to make the endless version. It would remain account bound so it wouldn't be "easy to get".

Archived