So no Warrior Weapon traits buffs?

nicknamenick.2437

Makes me sad to read this at ranger:

Torch:Ambidexterity: The condition damage gained from this trait is now split between game modes. It now grants a base of 80 condition damage (120 in PvP and WvW) and an additional 80 condition damage (120 in PvP and WvW) when the ranger wields a torch or dagger.

Axe:Honed Axes: The ferocity gained from this trait is now split. It now grants a base of 120 ferocity and an additional 120 ferocity when rangers are wielding an axe.

Greatsword:Two-Handed Training: This trait no longer has a 50% chance to grant fury when striking with a greatsword or spear. Rangers now gain fury whenever they disable a foe.

Those are buffs for your OFF-HAND set!!

I see some same stuff for other classes (not all)

Why ZERO for warrior?

but that was the right direction even if those buffs were for ranger. It's nice when you get 20% cd reduction and some special effect for your traited weapon, but those weapon traits are absolutely useless if you use any other weapon and because warrior has so many of them they block quite a few choices. Changing the traits so that they are always an option (even though weaker with any other weapon than the specified one) gives us a much bigger pool of traits to choose from. Warrior torch trait could also give 75 condi dmg when you use the trait but do not currently use a torch (and 150 with torch ofc) in pve.

Maybe a total overhaul of weapon traits could also work. E.g. traits that give special effects for all melee weapons (e.g. 50% chance to gain might on crit (basicly a weaker greatsword trait but both weaponsets take advantage of that trait, regardless if you carry a gs or not.)) or for all ranged weapons or buffs for weapons in your offhand or twohanded weapons etc. Maybe one cd reduction trait for all twohanded weapons and one for all onehanded ones.

Well we will see, but i think it is very likely that warrior will get this ranger treatment in one of the next balance patches.

@Ferus.3165 said:but that was the right direction even if those buffs were for ranger. It's nice when you get 20% cd reduction and some special effect for your traited weapon, but those weapon traits are absolutely useless if you use any other weapon and because warrior has so many of them they block quite a few choices. Changing the traits so that they are always an option (even though weaker with any other weapon than the specified one) gives us a much bigger pool of traits to choose from. Warrior torch trait could also give 75 condi dmg when you use the trait but do not currently use a torch (and 150 with torch ofc) in pve.

Maybe a total overhaul of weapon traits could also work. E.g. traits that give special effects for all melee weapons (e.g. 50% chance to gain might on crit (basicly a weaker greatsword trait but both weaponsets take advantage of that trait, regardless if you carry a gs or not.)) or for all ranged weapons or buffs for weapons in your offhand or twohanded weapons etc. Maybe one cd reduction trait for all twohanded weapons and one for all onehanded ones.

Well we will see, but i think it is very likely that warrior will get this ranger treatment in one of the next balance patches.

Dont get me wrong. I also reaaally like the changes on ranger traits.. it just gives so much more options.

What if might on crit wassnt just for gs?Just like shield mastery, the reflect also worked for sword and mace.. thats just damn nice..

Would love to see these changes implemented on other classes for sure

@Ferus.3165 said:but that was the right direction even if those buffs were for ranger. It's nice when you get 20% cd reduction and some special effect for your traited weapon, but those weapon traits are absolutely useless if you use any other weapon and because warrior has so many of them they block quite a few choices. Changing the traits so that they are always an option (even though weaker with any other weapon than the specified one) gives us a much bigger pool of traits to choose from. Warrior torch trait could also give 75 condi dmg when you use the trait but do not currently use a torch (and 150 with torch ofc) in pve.

No. Compare axe grandmaster and hammer grandmaster ! The former is great, critical damage and adrenaline on critical, it's all great. Hammer has nothing great, just meh for 20% damage, confusion is useless.It wouldn't bother me for a master trait, but it's grandmaster ! Even if you play hammer, both other GM traits are better. Well, might makes right might not be the best choice for a hammer user but still, it should be in the balance.I admit that I would love to stick with hammer because I love a lot its burst skill but it's another story.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

No. Compare axe grandmaster and hammer grandmaster ! The former is great, critical damage and adrenaline on critical, it's all great. Hammer has nothing great, just meh for 20% damage, confusion is useless.It wouldn't bother me for a master trait, but it's grandmaster ! Even if you play hammer, both other GM traits are better. Well, might makes right might not be the best choice for a hammer user but still, it should be in the balance.I admit that I would love to stick with hammer because I love a lot its burst skill but it's another story.

no to what? yes there are bad traits that need a change.. so what?

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Putting confusion on hammer trait which is a power weapon...Smart thinking!20% increased damage is utterly useless since hammer does too low damage. Above 50% damage, it could be good.

They slightly buff hammer but without a good hammer trait, it's hard to make the jump. Hello glacial hammer ? ?

Hammer has decent damage and the skill damage got buffed.. It doesn't have to be a DPS weapon, since it's already THE hard CC weapon. The trait is probably untouched because 1. It probably can't compete with a flat % damage increase on ALL damage anyway 2. people wouldn't use it anyway. Many people aren't even running Strength because Discipline and Defense are far too valuable.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:Putting confusion on hammer trait which is a power weapon...Smart thinking!20% increased damage is utterly useless since hammer does too low damage. Above 50% damage, it could be good.

They slightly buff hammer but without a good hammer trait, it's hard to make the jump. Hello glacial hammer ? ?

If it was a DPS weapon in the first place, that assessment would be correct. The fact is that with all the CC it's not, it's never going to have competitive DPS.

The ranger weapon trait reworks are a mixed bag, really. The ability for the dagger and axe traits to grant half their stat boosts to the other weaponset equipped was the best aspect of the reworked traits, but warrior could really only get the same treatment with its axe trait as it's the only weapon trait warrior has that grants a stat boost.

Other warrior weapon traits need flat out reworks as a number of them limit their effects to the skills of that particular weapon (sword, mace, and hammer as examples), but I'd be afraid of what the balance team would do with the traits as the new Leading Wind for ranger is an example of a reworked trait that makes little sense. Swiftness on hitting with a projectile finisher makes little sense on a profession with limited fields and easy access to swiftness already.

@Obtena.7952 said:

If it was a DPS weapon in the first place, that assessment would be correct. The fact is that with all the CC it's not, it's never going to have competitive DPS.

So why putting 20% damage modifier on a cc weapon?For me, a weapon like hammer could do low damage untraited, and moderate damage traited. It just open possibilities.

If it is not an option, change this bonus to something else like improving all cc provided by hammer. Or hammer cc are so strong that they can remove one stack of stability on critical.

Hammer is a damage weapon with some CC on the side, and mostly functions on its own. It's meant to combo within itself, not combo with other weapons due to the cc times and cooldowns, thus dealing power damage without your opponent being able to react (unless they stun break obviously).

The trait change is basically to make it so it does the above better than before, letting you do damage while your target is mid cc combo.

A real CC weapon is Mace, which lacks any offensive pressure on its own. It is designed to be swapped out of as soon as possible after you land the low cooldown 3 second stun (do not use on spellbreaker), or to continue suppressing the target if you do not switch (or if you're on berserker for spammable mace burst). Interrupt with Mace 3, defend with Mace 2, expose targets with Mace 4, ranged CC on Mace 5.

Obviously, this changes in group scenarios where hammer is the spammiest aoe stun in the game. Then it changes to a suppression weapon, while your team does damage to the stunned targets.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:The ranger weapon trait reworks are a mixed bag, really. The ability for the dagger and axe traits to grant half their stat boosts to the other weaponset equipped was the best aspect of the reworked traits, but warrior could really only get the same treatment with its axe trait as it's the only weapon trait warrior has that grants a stat boost.

Other warrior weapon traits need flat out reworks as a number of them limit their effects to the skills of that particular weapon (sword, mace, and hammer as examples), but I'd be afraid of what the balance team would do with the traits as the new Leading Wind for ranger is an example of a reworked trait that makes little sense. Swiftness on hitting with a projectile finisher makes little sense on a profession with limited fields and easy access to swiftness already.

warrior torch

@Ferus.3165 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:The ranger weapon trait reworks are a mixed bag, really. The ability for the dagger and axe traits to grant half their stat boosts to the other weaponset equipped was the best aspect of the reworked traits, but warrior could really only get the same treatment with its axe trait as it's the only weapon trait warrior has that grants a stat boost.

warrior torch

Right! I forgot torch.

@Aigleborgne.2981 said:

So why putting 20% damage modifier on a cc weapon?For me, a weapon like hammer could do low damage untraited, and moderate damage traited. It just open possibilities.

If it is not an option, change this bonus to something else like improving all cc provided by hammer. Or hammer cc are so strong that they can remove one stack of stability on critical.

Because that doesn't make it a DPS weapon? I mean, that doesn't change what I said does it?

You know I remembered there was a time 'Blademaster' in 'Arms' line gave sword skills crit chance, but after the release of Berserker they just took it off... Would be nice have that back. If anything add it to 'Dual Wield Agility'. There's little reason to take it over something like Furious or, or Burst Precision.

Archived