[Video] Soulbeast Ranked Match

Lynnie.7213

Everytime I look at ranger videos, it keeps reminding me how I don't use all the tools at my dispositions. I always always forget that I can blast/leap smoke field, but never think about it. I've been using it more lately, but it's really not something I think first.

Thank you again for the video !

@blackjinx.4975 said:I love your videos so much!

@Krispera.5087 said:Everytime I look at ranger videos, it keeps reminding me how I don't use all the tools at my dispositions. I always always forget that I can blast/leap smoke field, but never think about it. I've been using it more lately, but it's really not something I think first.

Thanks, guys, means a lot. Keep an eye out for tomorrow, just saying. ;)

god i wish they'd make a fckin pet rework. Watching this is so frustrating because i see so often how you unmeld from owl, and it dies in seconds because of all the AOE pressure, forcing u to remeld again in 10sec (even if you need the other pet) instead of allowing you to petswap and get a 60sec penalty.

It's fine with soulbeast and i honest hope they never "nerf" it because at this point it's almost impossible to keep pet alive. I played some core ranger matches on an alt acc and pets are nearly permanently dead, even if i keep them on my side.

Either give pets more survivability via more evades (smokescale style), lower penalty cooldown or increase HP.16k hp on a shoit AI that has no awareness for AOE danger? Omegalul

@Lynnie.7213 said:

@"EnderzShadow.2506" said:Thanks for the build :)Just the right balance of survival and dmg.

Perfect going far build, which I do a lot now after watching that vid :P

Glad you enjoyed, but that is Bik's build with a few tweaks. :)I run others boonbuilds variations on LB/GS too.

I don't think is correct to say "is Bik's build", because many of us used this build before Bik posted on youtube. At least this was the best build before GS buff.Now I am using GS+LB (I saw you said that you use it too) with Survival, Beastmastery, and Soulbeast, and from my POV is a little better than Sword/Warhorn+LB.Anyway, the video is great, keep it up :).

@Krispera.5087 said:Everytime I look at ranger videos, it keeps reminding me how I don't use all the tools at my dispositions. I always always forget that I can blast/leap smoke field, but never think about it. I've been using it more lately, but it's really not something I think first.

I didn't see till now a Ranger who use every time and all tools :). Because there are so many, due to the difference of pets.Btw, just in case you didn't know or you forgot, the best/long stealth you can have is to use smoke cloud from Smokescale >change to Owl and use Swoop. You will get an extra 2 or 3 sec of stealth because Swoop does double blast ... and you can do it even your weapon doesn't have a blast skill.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Lynnie.7213" said:Another one for the past weeks.

Im curious, with the build you are running, is it 'common' to pull off 450k dmg and 300k healing?

Ofcourse I am having a bit of a discussion lets call it, with a mesmer... I don't remember your build playing that dmg heavy.And when I've played it, it doesn't top out kills or dmg, usually does healing but that is mostly to myself but I don't die,I harass far all game and if given enough time can kill 1, and tie up 2 for a decent amount of time.

It almost feels like a Druid build without druid...in that it accomplishes many of the same things.Namely, being able to get in and get out and fight 2 at once.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

@"Lynnie.7213" said:Another one for the past weeks.

Im curious, with the build you are running, is it 'common' to pull off 450k dmg and 300k healing?

Ofcourse I am having a bit of a discussion lets call it, with a mesmer... I don't remember your build playing that dmg heavy.And when I've played it, it doesn't top out kills or dmg, usually does healing but that is mostly to myself but I don't die,I harass far all game and if given enough time can kill 1, and tie up 2 for a decent amount of time.

It almost feels like a Druid build without druid...in that it accomplishes many of the same things.Namely, being able to get in and get out and fight 2 at once.

It can happen to pull those numbers, but not as common. At least not with me. The healing most of times but dmg, no.

@Lynnie.7213 said:

@Lynnie.7213 said:Another one for the past weeks.

It can happen to pull those numbers, but not as common. At least not with me. The healing most of times but dmg, no.

btw, the kiting was superb.I've never seen someone use sword 2 smoothly. For my self, I have to ESC to break all targets, face my opponents, press 2, then face away and press 2 again.Also the pig f2 Forage, never been able to make that work as smoothly and effortlessly as the way you make it look. It usually feels so clunky.

Do you have a preference between the Smokescale and Pig? It seemed like you kited more in the 2nd video....maybe it was just the map.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

btw, the kiting was superb.I've never seen someone use sword 2 smoothly. For my self, I have to ESC to break all targets, face my opponents, press 2, then face away and press 2 again.Also the pig f2 Forage, never been able to make that work as smoothly and effortlessly as the way you make it look. It usually feels so clunky.

Do you have a preference between the Smokescale and Pig? It seemed like you kited more in the 2nd video....maybe it was just the map.

Sword #2 usage is just practice. Rom made some very good explanation the other day in his stream but i don't think anyone clipped it, sadly.I usually take Siamonth over smokescale 90% of times. Only good thing in smokescale right now is the guaranteed stealth on combo field, while siamoth bring so much more, although the stealth is RNG.

@Lynnie.7213 said:

Sword #2 usage is just practice. Rom made some very good explanation the other day in his stream but i don't think anyone clipped it, sadly.I usually take Siamonth over smokescale 90% of times. Only good thing in smokescale right now is the guaranteed stealth on combo field, while siamoth bring so much more, although the stealth is RNG.

Siamoth and Smokescale are too different pets, one brings you power and ferocity + worldly impact and the other toughness and vitality + UF immune to attacks. So one is for offensive one is for defensive. Regarding stealth, Smokescale can give you till 5 sec of stealth with proper tools, and Siamoth only 3 sec. I don't know why you say Siamoth bring so much more, because are 2 different kinds of pets and his bonuses are random, which sometimes in a fight could be much worse than Smokescale.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

Siamoth and Smokescale are too different pets, one brings you power and ferocity + worldly impact and the other toughness and vitality + UF immune to attacks. So one is for offensive one is for defensive. Regarding stealth, Smokescale can give you till 5 sec of stealth with proper tools, and Siamoth only 3 sec. I don't know why you say Siamoth bring so much more, because are 2 different kinds of pets and his bonuses are random, which sometimes in a fight could be much worse than Smokescale.

I've mentioned that smokescale's stealth is RNG based, so you can't always count on that. But IMO, siamoth's "invulnerability" is already worth taking because you get a free utility skill. In this power meta having no "invulnerability" can cost you a fight. Specially when they all go: "focus the ranger!".So, yeah, siamoth is overall better right now, imo ofc. But everyone has own preferences.

@Lynnie.7213 said:

The biggest reason at the moment I like smokescale is because the f2 combo really lets me get onto my opponent wherever they may be.This happens a lot vs thieves and mesmers. And then of course the easy to pull off f2-f1-f3.

I never really used siamoth much. But your video gave me a better idea how to kite while using the terrain of the maps.I'll give siamoth a try.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

The biggest reason at the moment I like smokescale is because the f2 combo really lets me get onto my opponent wherever they may be.This happens a lot vs thieves and mesmers. And then of course the easy to pull off f2-f1-f3.

I never really used siamoth much. But your video gave me a better idea how to kite while using the terrain of the maps.I'll give siamoth a try.

You should play what you feel better with or is used to. Both pets works, i am just a siamoth's fan. I wasn't in the past but with soulbeast it became a good pet.Yeah, always use the terrain to kite, the small thing can make you win the fight. Try to google kiting spots for Spvp, i know there are some videos out there.

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

I've never seen someone use sword 2 smoothly. For my self, I have to ESC to break all targets, face my opponents, press 2, then face away and press 2 again.

I usually don't hit ESC to clear targeting until after I hit sword 2 for the first time. This is because I'm almost always fighting people at or near nodes, so just hitting sword 2 usually gets me away from where I need to go. So my order is sword 2 > ESC + about face as close together as possible > sword 2 again.

@"Lynnie.7213" said:I've mentioned that smokescale's stealth is RNG based, so you can't always count on that. But IMO, siamoth's "invulnerability" is already worth taking because you get a free utility skill. In this power meta having no "invulnerability" can cost you a fight. Specially when they all go: "focus the ranger!".So, yeah, siamoth is overall better right now, imo ofc. But everyone has own preferences.

I think you want to say Siamoth's stealth is RNG , not Smokescale :P . Regarding Siamoth's "invulnerability" idd you have 4 sec of this, but every 35 sec, in meantime you have 1 1/2 sec evade from Smoke Assault every 20 sec (+ 612 damage on 5 target). This was about defensive skills, so yes, Siamoth is better due to his 4 sec of invuln vs 3 sec of inv for 40 sec of a fight. But when we talk about damage, Siamoth has Maul with 2496 damage on 1 target every 12 sec, Brutal charge 760 damage on 3 targets + 3 sec of knock on 3 targets every 30 sec, instead Smoke Assault has Worldly Impact with 2313 damage on 5 targets every 25 sec, Take down 856 damage on 1 target + 2 sec of knock on 1 target every 20 sec. Ofc another bonus is from Siamoth 200 Toughness + 100 Vitality and from Smoke Assault 200 Power + 100 Ferocity. So, I don't see why Siamoth is OVERALL better because is not, they are 2 pets used for different scopes, defensive or offensive, Siamoth defensive, Smokescale offensive, but both have also some abilities for offensive and defensive. In my opinion, they are equal and ofc like you said, everyone has own preferences.

PS: the numbers are based on my build ...

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"Lynnie.7213" said:I've mentioned that smokescale's stealth is RNG based, so you can't always count on that. But IMO, siamoth's "invulnerability" is already worth taking because you get a free utility skill. In this power meta having no "invulnerability" can cost you a fight. Specially when they all go: "focus the ranger!".So, yeah, siamoth is overall better right now, imo ofc. But everyone has own preferences.

I think you want to say Siamoth's stealth is RNG , not Smokescale :P . Regarding Siamoth's "invulnerability" idd you have 4 sec of this, but every 35 sec, in meantime you have 1 1/2 sec evade from Smoke Assault every 20 sec (+ 612 damage on 5 target). This was about defensive skills, so yes, Siamoth is better due to his 4 sec of invuln vs 3 sec of inv for 40 sec of a fight. But when we talk about damage, Siamoth has Maul with 2496 damage on 1 target every 12 sec, Brutal charge 760 damage on 3 targets + 3 sec of knock on 3 targets every 30 sec, instead Smoke Assault has Worldly Impact with 2313 damage on 5 targets every 25 sec, Take down 856 damage on 1 target + 2 sec of knock on 1 target every 20 sec. Ofc another bonus is from Siamoth 200 Toughness + 100 Vitality and from Smoke Assault 200 Power + 100 Ferocity. So, I don't see why Siamoth is OVERALL better because is not, they are 2 pets used for different scopes, defensive or offensive, Siamoth defensive, Smokescale offensive, but both have also some abilities for offensive and defensive. In my opinion, they are equal and ofc like you said, everyone has own preferences.

PS: the numbers are based on my build ...

Based on your build, if you were mainly fighting one target at a time, at far of course,which pet would you use, Smokescale or Siamoth?

Because it seems to me, that the dmg on Siamoth is just as good if you're only fighting one person.

What I like about Smokescale, I think i was unclear in mentioning before, is the ability jump to your target with f2while they may be pillar humping or trying to kite

What I like about Smokescale, I think i was unclear in mentioning before, is the ability jump to your target with f2while they may be pillar humping or trying to kite

So much this, as I was able to stay on target with a thief multiple times during a fight last night and I can use it as an evade when someone is bursting damage on me. But like Donee said earlier in this thread, it comes down to personal preference and what you want to have access to in your build. I like the functionality even if the Smokescale is kind of creepy looking. :)

Echo of the Pack

Archived