Thank You ArenaNet!

kapri.5918

With the latest charity that you guy have run and being able to play during it came with the reward of being able to get 66k karma! Now I do not know if any of my characters were seen but with this I was able to complete my outfit on my Asura Druid. The last item that I needed was the Peacekeeper's Staff. Here are some pics of the outfit altogether!

https://i.imgur.com/h4EpCa8.jpg[/img]

And one with the final piece!

https://i.imgur.com/53I51xO.jpg[/img]

Thank you for allowing me to play a wonderful game and to be able to put a final touch to one of my characters!

Ugh, ty @kapri.5918 for suggesting me how to spend my 6m karma. I didn't think about it. It should be exactly the minimum of karma required to buy them all. And yes, it's always nice to receive mails from ArenaNet, especially when they contain free stuff :)@Just a flesh wound.3589 The staff itself it's not that great (at least for me), but I like it matched with that gear of yours. What's the name of that skin? It doesn't seem the cultural armor, though I'm not into skins, so I don't know much.

@Urud.4925 said:Ugh, ty @kapri.5918 for suggesting me how to spend my 6m karma. I didn't think about it. It should be exactly the minimum of karma required to buy them all. And yes, it's always nice to receive mails from ArenaNet, especially when they contain free stuff :)@Just a flesh wound.3589 The staff itself it's not that great (at least for me), but I like it matched with that gear of yours. What's the name of that skin? It doesn't seem the cultural armor, though I'm not into skins, so I don't know much.

That’s a reprint of the OP’s picture showing his char and the Peacekeeping Staff he bought.

It is nice how he matches the staff to his gear.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@Urud.4925 said:@"Just a flesh wound.3589" The staff itself it's not that great (at least for me), but I like it matched with that gear of yours. What's the name of that skin? It doesn't seem the cultural armor, though I'm not into skins, so I don't know much.I think it's

Yep. It is. It was just when I had posted this it was late and I had just logged off. I could not fully remember the name of the outfit and really did not want to log back in just to look it up!

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:66k Karma? I usually have around 1-2 million karma... and that isn't even much compared to others. You get them handed out like kitten.

One, that was what they gave out to the players who were online during the charity event. 66k karma ain't bad. Two, have not been "playing" long despite being a member of the game so I did not have an exorbitant amount of karma. Previously, I had purchased other Peacekeeper weapons (sword and dagger) to also go with my outfit. So the karma was tight. Finally, can you please point me as to where karma is being thrown out like candy? A lot of other cultural pieces I would love to pick up.

@kapri.5918 said:

@"ProtoGunner.4953" said:66k Karma? I usually have around 1-2 million karma... and that isn't even much compared to others. You get them handed out like kitten.

One, that was what they gave out to the players who were online during the charity event. 66k karma ain't bad. Two, have not been "playing" long despite being a member of the game so I did not have an exorbitant amount of karma. Previously, I had purchased other Peacekeeper weapons (sword and dagger) to also go with my outfit. So the karma was tight. Finally, can you please point me as to where karma is being thrown out like candy? A lot of other cultural pieces I would love to pick up.

Sure, I see your points. Sometimes I get biased by the fact that I clocked several thousand hours. And true, 66k karma just for free is nice!

@kapri.5918 said:

A good source of karma is doing a daily Tequatl. You can get around 15k karma a day doing that.

I hear fractals are good also, but I don’t do them so I don’t know how much or at what level.

I do WBs as much as possible. Did not really realize Teq gave out so much so I will have to make sure to run him as I can. I can't say much for Fractals either as I have not run them...probably should but have not gotten into it as other things seem to take up my time.

I find some of the Wintersday activities are an easy way to get karma - I get it by doing the Donation Drive achievement (net gain of about 15,000 karma per day, plus it rewards you with an item that boosts karma gain) and the Bell Choir Ensemble (5,000 each for the first three songs that day, and 1,000 per song after that). For the Bell Choir, I don't know whether you have to be any good at it though, or whether it just gives you the rewards regardless.

Yep, I got 6m last year with the Bell Choir indeed. More than enough for an entire year. You often find karma banners around in Divinity's Reach (or use one of your boost, if you have them). You don't need to complete the song flawlessly, just to "survive" for as many rounds as possible.

Archived