Minion active discussion

Anchoku.8142

I know, this is another, "OMG stop talking about minions," thread but...

...what if minion active skills did something more, like reward the Necro with LF?

What else can you all suggest to reward active and tactical success?

p.s.Minions have active skills but I find myself either saving them for an emergency, or using them soon after the ICD expires. I thought it would be nice if a bonus was given for either taking a risk or for using the active at a critical moment.

This is an anti-passive and anti-button-mashing thread.

I dont like bone minions active. I woukd like to see little "rework" if you detonate them you have to choose location And they jump there And explode( ofcourse add animation to them So ppl notice when they leap/charge And bomb) Right now you need to trust to ui that bone Will Attack right enemy.

• Make minion active skills power damage/precision /ferocity scale on the necromancer's stats would be a good first step.
  • QoL on rigor mortis and putrid explosion could help as well. Thought I'd prefer if they totally reworked both skills.
  • Making all minion's active skills "sacrifice" their related minion for an effect could be an interesting thing as well. Bone fiend could be sacrificed for a bone armor giving us protection for 3s and a set amount of barrier. Shadow fiend could be sacrificed for an effect similar to the guardian's focus skill ray of judgement. Golem could rush to it's designed foe before self destructing for a large aoe CC effect with massive damage.
  • I'd love to see putrid explosion changed in such a way that the skill now drain a condition toward the bone minion on up to 5 allies in the radius before the minion explode in a putrid cloud that apply the drained conditions onto up to 5 foes in the radius.

Since the thread is limited to active effect I'm restraining myself to that. However, we could also imagine the trait death nova to only apply on "sacrifice" skills and become a proper minion trait (yes it limit the trait use but is it really an issue?).

Great discussion so far.

What do you think of...... If Bone Minion or Flesh Golem interrupt a foe an additional effect is generated like a stun (BM) or boonrip (FG)?... Bone Fiends proc a 180 radius CPC (full effect with projectile destruction but smaller diameter.

Things that encourage players to time and use active skills more like normal utilities may provide a bit more reward for tactics and scaling.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Other than an improved AI (for all NPCs), minion trait and active skill improvements are on my holiday wish list.

(Also DM rework, of course.)

rework to minion and death magic would be really nice.

the active skills and heck the fact that they are a skill that only goes on cooldown after the minions are dead is really really bad in the current game mkechanics. Would love an ammo system for minions

Having the skill on your bar summon the minion immediately and each minion has an active skill with an ammo system

Minions respawn automatically after they die after a certain time - traits reduce the respawn time and the ammo rechargeminions scale with gear (god i wish but that's a pipe dream)

Bone minions, 20 second respawn attacks every .5 seconds with straight damage2 ammo, 20 second rechargeexplode your minion in a hail of bones and fleshdoes damage as well as poison in a 360 radius5 targetsblast finisher

bone fiend, 30 second respawn, attacks every second with 2 projectiles that do projectile finishers2 ammo, 15 second rechargefire a spike that stabs foes feet to the ground2 second immobilization, fires a quick moving projectile

you get the idea, that they are basically the same, but with the ability to have them on equip and auto summoned and not a cast time, and the cast is instant like current minions, the functionality would be so much more improved. Casting minions, waiting for them to dfo thier attack and even worse having them die in pvp and being utterly useless there because the cast times are so long.

Death magic would need some tweeks to minion skill and those minor traits need to be fixed.

Archived