Does Aurene appear in the open world? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Does Aurene appear in the open world?

Does anyone know if Aurene appears in any open-world maps, or anywhere outside of instances? Apart from in Kourna where she'll briefly fly past sometimes.

I've remembered once again that I've still got the Memories of Vlast item sitting in my inventory, and the recording is obviously intended for Aurene, but I've never been able to play it for her because she only appears in instances and the item doesn't work if you're in an instance. I'm sure I remember some story steps where she appears in the open world, but I can't remember where or what story step it was part of.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

Best Answers

Answers

• Loosmaster.8263Loosmaster.8263 Member ✭✭✭✭

Only as backpacks and mini's...

Fàther (TK)
    Tactical Killers
    Server(DR)

• Dayra.7405Dayra.7405 Member ✭✭✭

As Mini beside several player ;)

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

Istan GH meta.You just need to look up.

I dream of elves in GW2.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭

I think pretty much all the new maps in Living World Season 4 have events or locations where Aurine shows up in the open world.

Some of them are based on Story progress such as Aurine standing up on a cliff when you need to talk to her to progress etc
    But more commonly Aurine will show up in events or at Heart locations and will either land and blast enemies with her fire breath or she'll regularly fly over an event area and just nuke everything with fire XD which is just awesome ^^

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

Thanks everyone. :)

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific, that I'm looking for places she stays still so I can play the recording to her, rather than having her flying past. I doubt it will get any reaction, but I want her to hear it anyway. I'll go looking for her in Sandswept Isles. I remember her standing there, but for some reason I thought it was in an instance.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

• Donari.5237Donari.5237 Member ✭✭✭✭

She does stand still in the open world, up on the platform above the village, but she is phased so you only see her if you are on that story step. Thus it is sort of instanced :) You just get other players and their minions standing around clipping with her if others are working on the story at the same time. It's like the footprints you follow through Dry Top when tracking Taimi.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.