Does Aurene appear in the open world?

Danikat.8537

Does anyone know if Aurene appears in any open-world maps, or anywhere outside of instances? Apart from in Kourna where she'll briefly fly past sometimes.

I've remembered once again that I've still got the Memories of Vlast item sitting in my inventory, and the recording is obviously intended for Aurene, but I've never been able to play it for her because she only appears in instances and the item doesn't work if you're in an instance. I'm sure I remember some story steps where she appears in the open world, but I can't remember where or what story step it was part of.

@Danikat.8537 said:Does anyone know if Aurene appears in any open-world maps, or anywhere outside of instances? Apart from in Kourna where she'll briefly fly past sometimes.

• On the ground in Kourna where she burns up scarab infestations in the bug stomper events.
  • I'm pretty sure she's in the open world in the Sandswept Isles when you go to see her before the airships come to collect you.

Other than that, I don't remember.

I think pretty much all the new maps in Living World Season 4 have events or locations where Aurine shows up in the open world.

Some of them are based on Story progress such as Aurine standing up on a cliff when you need to talk to her to progress etcBut more commonly Aurine will show up in events or at Heart locations and will either land and blast enemies with her fire breath or she'll regularly fly over an event area and just nuke everything with fire XD which is just awesome ^^

Thanks everyone. :)

Maybe I should have been a bit more specific, that I'm looking for places she stays still so I can play the recording to her, rather than having her flying past. I doubt it will get any reaction, but I want her to hear it anyway. I'll go looking for her in Sandswept Isles. I remember her standing there, but for some reason I thought it was in an instance.

She does stand still in the open world, up on the platform above the village, but she is phased so you only see her if you are on that story step. Thus it is sort of instanced :) You just get other players and their minions standing around clipping with her if others are working on the story at the same time. It's like the footprints you follow through Dry Top when tracking Taimi.

Archived