Are botters real in ranked pvp?

PlagueParade.7942

@PlagueParade.7942 said:Heard this was true. Really? Seriously? Anet if this is true you should really think about nerfing the gold u get in ranked. To practically zero.

It is real, but they typically don't appear past silver because decent players should be able to outplay them.

The big issue isn't bots in ranked though -- that's been going on since ranked pvp existed. It's bots in tournaments. Some people have a scheme making them a ton of money out of tournaments by simply showing up.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@PlagueParade.7942 said:Heard this was true. Really? Seriously? Anet if this is true you should really think about nerfing the gold u get in ranked. To practically zero.

It is real, but they typically don't appear past silver because decent players should be able to outplay them.

The big issue isn't bots in ranked though -- that's been going on since ranked pvp existed. It's bots in tournaments. Some people have a scheme making them a ton of money out of tournaments by simply showing up.

That's not bots, ranger dave is a multi boxer.

Yes it's true. If you pay attention, there are quite a few accounts with thousands of game over the season. It's undisputable proof they are bots spamming games 24/7.

But I love it.

1. Most bots are going to be put on classes like scourges or mirages which illustrates that these builds/classes don't require any intelligence at all. It's just button smashing and these bots probably do it better than 80% of the players (you said most bots are in silver but there are actually quite a few in plat, depends on how good its creator is). To me, Anet developping and balance decisions since PoF have dumbed the game down so much (stealth on dodge, mirage, scourge, soulbeast), that I legit think gw2 DESERVES to be played by bots.

2. In game, either no one recognizes them (which illustrates how blatantly clueless people are) or don't care (which illustrates the players opinion of the game) which is also interesting.

3. The most interesting and funny part to me is that the guy coding this bot and testing different scripts, pathways, macros...Etc., is most likely having a ton more fun than the players trying to play the pof spamfest.

Overall, i'm delighted and welcome the bots as its just the consequence / as it just highlights Anet's lack of interest in PvP and atrocious developping/balancing decisions.

You reap what you sow :p

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"PlagueParade.7942" said:Heard this was true. Really? Seriously? Anet if this is true you should really think about nerfing the gold u get in ranked. To practically zero.

They can climb out of silver, those 6 accounts are bots.The first 3 are gold and they started from silver.https://imgur.com/21lLtL5

An to op, removing rewards in pvp is useless. It will impact real pvp players who play the game for it only, and bots are very active too in pve.I made a quick research about those bots, and found the "number 1". And they have options for every aspects of the game.

I am not concern about bots. I just concern about bad players in ranked PVP. Today is the day I got a second ban from language. Yes I am so mad from what I got, I always have 7 or 10 points with winning games and lost about 15 or 17 points with losing games. I love PVP but this PVP system is really bad in my opinion.

I am not excuse, I do not say I am a best pvp player but I get Diamond every season and this is the worst season in my life.

@"mortrialus.3062" said:I haven't encountered any bots myself personally. I largely agree with WoodenPotatoes's take here:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356421650

At 17 minutes, 55 seconds in.

ypu had luck, yesterday midday, low gold i had two matches with 2 bots one per team and i suspect i had more because i remember the name of those 2 from another ones

Yes, considering that you get 20g on the final chest for completing the reward, not to mention that this chest is repeatable. Imagine how much gold can a bot get per day.

The rewards that one can get in competitive should only be limited to the account bound items like the Ascended Shards of Glory and schemes like that. Philosophically speaking, the prestige of showing up your badge and the skillset and knowledge that you obtain from the labors of competitive game is the reward itself.

@PlagueParade.7942 said:Listening to WPs talk about a bot having 3k+ games, that's a lot of gold. Though, he believes it's the person trying to get a good rating. As someone above said perhaps we should get less gold for losing and more for winning.

not matter at all, i have 3 more than 3k games players(bots) added to friendlist and they sit in a WR of 45%-50% if you decrease prices for losing and increases the ones for wining they obtain aprox the same.

the highlight of this season for mebefore the game startthe conversation will be like thisX4W1n6G.pngthe game has startedwe bet on which bot wins in 1V1our bot fighting their bot on far it was the most epic bot skill in the history of the gameBTW our bot won thus we wonthe game has endedi got reported for hackingLhxY88X.pngthen i wanted to see the bot rating and it was a O_o
w3wX3Vl.png

@Toan.7326 said:I am not concern about bots. I just concern about bad players in ranked PVP. Today is the day I got a second ban from language. Yes I am so mad from what I got, I always have 7 or 10 points with winning games and lost about 15 or 17 points with losing games. I love PVP but this PVP system is really bad in my opinion.

I am not excuse, I do not say I am a best pvp player but I get Diamond every season and this is the worst season in my life.

I'm not gonna lie....but reading this makes me feel like the bots are on to us.Get your bunkers ready bois they are learning

@"DragonFury.6243" said:the highlight of this season for mebefore the game startthe conversation will be like thisX4W1n6G.pngthe game has startedwe bet on which bot wins in 1V1our bot fighting their bot on far it was the most epic bot skill in the history of the gameBTW our bot won thus we wonthe game has endedi got reported for hackingLhxY88X.pngthen i wanted to see the bot rating and it was a O_o

w3wX3Vl.png

So, we should watch out for that name on the second image right??? ;)

Archived