Ascended POF Back Item Question — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ascended POF Back Item Question

I have been looking around here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_back_item and I am not really seeing a solution to the problem I am having. Is there really no way to get ascended POF Back Item that is not tied to an achievement? I really thought that there would be a way to either craft or buy with a map currency a POF selectable stat set.

I am wanting to gear up one of my new characters but I may have to change things up if I can not craft / buy a back item with Marshal stats.

any help would be great I really hope that I am missing something here.

                                                          There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you

Comments

  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    No, there is no other way. PoF collection, LW4 collections, Raids that is all we have for today.
    I don't know what build you making for which class but you can get Zealot's or Rampager for back, won't make a big difference.

    "There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    @phs.6089 said:
    No, there is no other way. PoF collection, LW4 collections, Raids that is all we have for today.
    I don't know what build you making for which class but you can get Zealot's or Rampager for back, won't make a big difference.

    Basically I am wanting to make a Heal / Barrier Scourge that has some damage to it. I was trying to cookie cutter the build off one of the build sites but I guess I may need to go off script a little bit. Its not the end of the world by no means but its crazy to me they have no other way to get a POF Back Piece.

    The build I am looking at is basically a mix of Shaman and Marshal stats.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I wonder why they would exclude that from the list of stats you can get from LS S3 trinkets? I mean you can pick Diviners, as well as Seraph and Trailblazer.

  • Illconceived Was Na.9781Illconceived Was Na.9781 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    @Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    I wonder why they would exclude that from the list of stats you can get from LS S3 trinkets? I mean you can pick Diviners, as well as Seraph and Trailblazer.

    Trailblazer is HoT stat, so fits with LS3. Seraph is core HoT; ditto.
    (_edit: corrected, thanks to @Haleydawn.3764)

    Diviner was an interesting addition. Some have argued that its similarity to Commander gives it a nod to belong to LS3


    For the OP, swap the Helm to PoF so that the Back can go Core; they have nearly the same stats. (Alternatively, glove + boots or just one of the two will get you close to the same stats.)


    Currently stat acquisition remains a mess. I keep track of a lot of arcane GW2 bits & pieces, and refresh my memory with the wiki. But for acquiring stats... I have to check and double check, because I'm never sure if Defender's from raid trinkets offers the same stats as Defender's from fractal boxes or which HoT stats require which map currency, which don't.

    There's no easy rule of thumb to even get you close. Selecting the right trinket (unless it's zerker's) requires a lot of memorization or research.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Haleydawn.3764Haleydawn.3764 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 6, 2019

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Turkeyspit.3965 said:
    I wonder why they would exclude that from the list of stats you can get from LS S3 trinkets? I mean you can pick Diviners, as well as Seraph and Trailblazer.

    Trailblazer is HoT stat, so fits with LS3. Seraph is core; ditto.

    Seraph is HoT, LS3 (Lake Doric) not core.

    Currently stat acquisition remains a mess.

    I agree.

    A lot of trinkets were added throughout season 3, making getting accessories and back items with HoT stats easier as it progressed. We still have 1 episode left of Season 4 so, one would hope, a back item that is easier to acquire, under no limitation like achievement bound ones currently are, will be in there somewhere for PoF locked stats.

    The above was written as part of an attempt to waste time.

  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Is there anything difficult about doing the PoF story to get those three? Yes, it’s a collection but it doesn’t require all that much and is definitely less time consuming than any that would be added that needed map currency.

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Is there anything difficult about doing the PoF story to get those three? Yes, it’s a collection but it doesn’t require all that much and is definitely less time consuming than any that would be added that needed map currency.

    I've done all collections that I am willing to do. I have 4 characters fully geared for fractals and working on my 5th. Its really six of one half a dozen of another when it comes to collecting resources vs. achievements. Some times you look at something and you just don't feel up to doing it and you would rather do one or the other and right now I'm currently in a gathering mind set. Its been tricky for me because I like to play support roles and most of those stats are newer.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2019

    @Excursion.9752 said:

    @phs.6089 said:
    No, there is no other way. PoF collection, LW4 collections, Raids that is all we have for today.
    I don't know what build you making for which class but you can get Zealot's or Rampager for back, won't make a big difference.

    Basically I am wanting to make a Heal / Barrier Scourge that has some damage to it. I was trying to cookie cutter the build off one of the build sites but I guess I may need to go off script a little bit. Its not the end of the world by no means but its crazy to me they have no other way to get a POF Back Piece.

    The build I am looking at is basically a mix of Shaman and Marshal stats.

    Then one little advise, shaman+mashar looks great on paper. But... once pugs in fractals realize they can face tank damage as you barrier, they will and quite often you will find self out of life-force. I was there, now I rolled full magi.
    Think of you might need LF for F4 to pull downed outta aoe and well sometimes you need it for F5 as panic button. That is a lot of Life force and a lot of dagger AA :)

    "There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

  • @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Is there anything difficult about doing the PoF story to get those three? Yes, it’s a collection but it doesn’t require all that much and is definitely less time consuming than any that would be added that needed map currency.

    It's not necessarily onerous; it's just boring.

    I don't mind at all for a single character. I generally do stories a few times, so it's not a big deal for me for a few pieces. But after that, yeah, I'd rather gradually hoard currency for later when I need it then feel forced into something specific... for stats.

    Gating stat unlocks? I think that's okay, even if it's not my preference; it's a fair incentive to encourage people to do stuff. But I don't support choosing to offer only a single method of acquisition to outfit additional characters. Worse, in my opinion, is offering that alternative to raiders, but not to fractalers or open-worlders.


    Still, I'm not sure we're asking the question the right way. I strongly suspect that ANet doesn't always remember to think about long term acquisition requirements. We've seen them consistently forget to add recipes to infuse and/or attune, to add options to legendaries, to add recipes for reforging to that stat, for purchase via WvW currency.

    So I'm guessing it was an initial oversight followed with ANet being so focused on what's next (as always) that they don't have time to adjust everything.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

  • Excursion.9752Excursion.9752 Member ✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    Still, I'm not sure we're asking the question the right way. I strongly suspect that ANet doesn't always remember to think about long term acquisition requirements. We've seen them consistently forget to add recipes to infuse and/or attune, to add options to legendaries, to add recipes for reforging to that stat, for purchase via WvW currency.

    So I'm guessing it was an initial oversight followed with ANet being so focused on what's next (as always) that they don't have time to adjust everything.

    I was thinking that last night when I was looking things up trying to find the gear I wanted and how to obtain it. It really feels like something has been forgotten/missed. There needs to be an alternate way to get these back items as well the other POF trinkets.

                                                              There is a 50% chance you will not agree with me and a 50% chance I will not agree with you
    
  • Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

    @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Is there anything difficult about doing the PoF story to get those three? Yes, it’s a collection but it doesn’t require all that much and is definitely less time consuming than any that would be added that needed map currency.

    It's not necessarily onerous; it's just boring.

    I don't mind at all for a single character. I generally do stories a few times, so it's not a big deal for me for a few pieces. But after that, yeah, I'd rather gradually hoard currency for later when I need it then feel forced into something specific... for stats.

    Gating stat unlocks? I think that's okay, even if it's not my preference; it's a fair incentive to encourage people to do stuff. But I don't support choosing to offer only a single method of acquisition to outfit additional characters. Worse, in my opinion, is offering that alternative to raiders, but not to fractalers or open-worlders.


    Still, I'm not sure we're asking the question the right way. I strongly suspect that ANet doesn't always remember to think about long term acquisition requirements. We've seen them consistently forget to add recipes to infuse and/or attune, to add options to legendaries, to add recipes for reforging to that stat, for purchase via WvW currency.

    So I'm guessing it was an initial oversight followed with ANet being so focused on what's next (as always) that they don't have time to adjust everything.

    Maybe Anet could add recipes to craft them? I also don’t see the harm in having backpacks purchasable from vendors. It’ll give the currency more use.

  • @Ayrilana.1396 said:
    Maybe Anet could add recipes to craft them? I also don’t see the harm in having backpacks purchasable from vendors. It’ll give the currency more use.

    Agreed.

    10 000 eyes of kormir, 1000 trade contracts, 1000 inscribed shards? That's too little for hoarders, and very grindy for everyone else. They painted themselves into a corner.

    They could refactor currencies, creating new ones and adjusting the drop rates appropriately. Then hoarders could convert to the new currency, while those needing to newly acquire them wouldn't be stuck with overly high time requirements. But.. they haven't shown much interest in that in the past.

    "Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.