This is why I like Firebrand.

Buzzbugs.1236

I feel like they've taken the core guardian from 2012 and gave it an overhaul so it's not as simple and repetitive as the old Guardian. A new makeover for core guardian players in 2017.

In comparison I felt the Dragon Hunter deviated too far from what I personally feel should be a Guardian's role in all aspects of the game. So as a core Guardian player, thank you for this great update to one of my favorite classes.

Sure, but they stated exactly what DH was, a selfish playstyle - which it is. Firebrand is a non-selfish playstyle, that which exemplifies the Core Guardian lore. So of course, that's the point :)> @Drakortha.6974 said:

I feel like they've taken the core guardian from 2012 and gave it an overhaul so it's not as simple and repetitive as the old Guardian. A new makeover for core guardian players in 2017.

In comparison I felt the Dragon Hunter deviated too far from what I personally feel should be a Guardian's role in all aspects of the game. So as a core Guardian player, thank you for this great update to one of my favorite classes.

Sure, but they stated exactly what DH was, a selfish playstyle - which it is. Firebrand is a non-selfish playstyle, that which exemplifies the Core Guardian lore. So of course, that's the point :)

I agree with OP, FB is in design what i think core guardian should have been and i personally enjoy the playstyle in both pvp, wvw and pve. Tbh i havent done this much pve in like 3 years as i do with my FB and i enjoy it.

With that said i think they need to adress some issues FB has: mantra range, lack of incombat mobility, staff, access to blastfinishers for our fire and waterfield and ofc tomes, cast times, healing and also how they are gated is far from competitive atm.

@Drakortha.6974 said:I feel like they've taken the core guardian from 2012 and gave it an overhaul so it's not as simple and repetitive as the old Guardian. A new makeover for core guardian players in 2017.

Equip some shouts on your DH, and it becomes a support class, f2 aoe heal can heal arround 8k, f3 will cover your allies as well even siegeok.. it isnt as good as the spambrand... but could be an lesser alternative if Anet updated our shouts to the current awfull gameplay.

@Brutaly.6257 said:

With that said i think they need to adress some issues FB has: mantra range, lack of incombat mobility, staff, access to blastfinishers for our fire and waterfield and ofc tomes, cast times, healing and also how they are gated is far from competitive atm.

For blasting, in PvE at least, I've been farting around with the spirit hammer.Works pretty well as it can be summoned with a tome out. Add in Zeal and you get 3 charges.Not so practical for PvP but hey, neither is Firebrand

@Aeolus.3615 said:Core guardian needs a buff or a strong QoL, shouts... Spirit weapons are worse than before... ._. for the current "noob spamage gameplay"

While some shouts need a buff, I think if the devs increased VoJ damage in PvE to match PvP and Reduced VoC CD by 10-15 secs, core guardian will be solid.

I think if they change the damage buff from 20% damage while having aegis to something more reliable, core guardian will be competitive with DH and FB.

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Brutaly.6257 said:

For blasting, in PvE at least, I've been farting around with the spirit hammer.Works pretty well as it can be summoned with a tome out. Add in Zeal and you get 3 charges.Not so practical for PvP but hey, neither is Firebrand

I run with hammer as main weapon in my fb support build and no traits in tomes, 100% quickness uptime with only mantras. I only have 5 charges and i use skill 4 last in all scenarios. After that i blast with mighty blow. Just got to remember what weapon i had equipped when entering the tome

It is clumsy as hell but can be done. I would prefer that our mantra elite was a blast finisher. That would make it an alternative instead of renewed focus.

I still don't like firebrand specifically because it feels like it's just core guard but more so. I'd prefer if they made all the tome abilities 1200 range ground target aoe's and did something with mantras so the spec would actually feel different besides adding cast times to virtues or shorter range shouts in exchange for stronger skills.

Archived