New world maps [suggestion]

Zahld.4956

New planets with maps for the origins of each race with new lore for each planet. New terrain, environments, planetary possibilities, weather effects and damage, enhancements and debuffs because of environment, planet exclusive mounts, multi-moon planets, multi-sun planets, twin planets, low/high gravity planets, planets in different galaxies. Added new playable race. Planet for exclusive foes and other races. Liquid surface planets. Non-surface living environment planets. Interstellar travelling. Space traveling with space ship mounts. Gathering resources in resource rich planets and moons.

I can't speak for anyone else but if I'd wanted a sci-fi game I'd have bought one, and I'd prefer not to turn GW2 into one. I realise there can be a lot of cross-over between sci-fi and fantasy but using spaceships to fly between different planets sounds too much like changing it into a different type of game to me. Besides the only race which came from another world is the humans, and they came through the Mists rather than on a spaceship from another planet.

Having said that we have had a few story instances which go into the Mists (including at least one with different gravity - the raptor escape at the end of A Star to Guide Us), and of course WvW, PvP and Fractals all take place there. It seems likely to me that will happen again at some point in the future. I doubt we'll get an entire new planet to explore - we can't even explore all of Tyria yet. But maybe a map or a series of maps set on another world within the Mists.

@Zahld.4956 said:But with unannounced lore, their origins could be else where, or their relatives could be from else where.

Nope.

All races are either native, or like humans, Forgotten, and possibly harpies, were brought by the Six Gods. Only two planets, and one is suggested to be in ruin.

@Danikat.8537 said:I can't speak for anyone else but if I'd wanted a sci-fi game I'd have bought one, and I'd prefer not to turn GW2 into one. I realise there can be a lot of cross-over between sci-fi and fantasy but using spaceships to fly between different planets sounds too much like changing it into a different type of game to me.

This.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:so let's ignore the fact that we have stargates, the very thing that comes straight from sci-fi.

Stargates? We have portals.

what do you think a stargate is?
insert sarcastic comment

A stargate is a type of portal. But not every portal is a stargate. Stargates are usually based on science and technology and connect one planet with another, while asuran portals are based on magic.

@Maikimaik.1974 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:so let's ignore the fact that we have stargates, the very thing that comes straight from sci-fi.

insert sarcastic comment

A stargate is a type of portal. But not every portal is a stargate. Stargates are usually based on science and technology and connect one planet with another, while asuran portals are based on magic.

and magic is basically something that can't be explained, just like how the bible has allot of wondrous things till we knew how it was done.

@sorudo.9054 said:

insert sarcastic comment

and magic is basically something that can't be explained, just like how the bible has allot of wondrous things till we knew how it was done.

But Guild Wars is trying to explain Tyrias magic...https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic

Archived