Now THIS is Fashion Wars! (seen at Oscars)

@"LostInDarkness.5460" said:OMG is that ever horrid.Can't un-see that now

Don't worry, that wasn't her actual outfit, that was her joke riff on "The Favorite" at one point during the ceremonies. Her actual outfit was, iirc from the photos (didn't watch the ceremony), a sort of tux-like pantsuit with a huge train. Which, come to think of it, might very well show up in GW2 b/c buttcape.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I'm really confused by this outfit. It's definitely a reference to The Favourite (hence the bunnies) - but the outfit itself is clearly in a Tudor style. Why is that? Surely it's not just ignorance on the part of the designer!?

Of course, GW2 would have no qualms about mashing together different period styles...

I think they added the ruff and other Tudor-style elements just because they could.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:I'm really confused by this outfit. It's definitely a reference to The Favourite (hence the bunnies) - but the outfit itself is clearly in a Tudor style. Why is that? Surely it's not just ignorance on the part of the designer!?

Of course, GW2 would have no qualms about mashing together different period styles...

It was supposed to be a riff on the Favorite and Elizabeth in Mary Queen of Scots.

Archived