[suggestion] unsubscribe from post

I don't think the problem is so much being 'subscribed to post', as in its characterising anything posted as a response to you when it isn't. As far as I'm concerned, I should only be notified if someone quotes me in their response. Otherwise if I'm interested, I'll have another look at the thread.

Near as I can tell, Vanilla needs to make significant changes to the software to make that possible, so I'm not holding my breath.

In the mean time, I try to edit out any quotes to just the relevant parts, which hopefully allows some people to stop getting notifications.(Doesn't help me, but if everyone did that, I'd get less notices, too.)

"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:That’s a thought.Probably editing out the @ in front of the extra display names should be enough

That's a good idea. I'd be reluctant to take the entire post out because often context is important - if you quote the reply and not the post they were replying too it's easy for people to misunderstand. But taking the tag out of the name would hopefully stop people getting notifications whilst keeping the text intact.

(I've tried it on this post, to see what happens.)

"Danikat.8537" said:

"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:That’s a thought.Probably editing out the @ in front of the extra display names should be enough

That's a good idea. I'd be reluctant to take the entire post out because often context is important - if you quote the reply and not the post they were replying too it's easy for people to misunderstand. But taking the tag out of the name would hopefully stop people getting notifications whilst keeping the text intact.

I didn’t get a notification when you took out the @ and quoted me, so it seems to work with minimal effort.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

"Danikat.8537"
said:

"Just a flesh wound.3589"
said:That’s a thought.Probably editing out the @ in front of the extra display names should be enough

I didn’t get a notification when you took out the @ and quoted me, so it seems to work with minimal effort.

You can also use the code markup to hide the @ (accent grave, above the tab key on US keyboards, or ctrl+O as a keyboard shortcut or via the pull down menu).

I leave the names in when I want someone to know I've replied. I try only to include the quotes to help with the context of the conversation.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

said:

"Danikat.8537"
said:

"Just a flesh wound.3589"
said:That’s a thought.Probably editing out the @ in front of the extra display names should be enough

You can also use the
code
markup to hide the
@
(accent grave, above the tab key on US keyboards, or
ctrl+O
as a keyboard shortcut or via the pull down menu).

I leave the names in when I want someone to know I've replied. I
try
only to include the quotes to help with the context of the conversation

I got a notification on this, so didn’t work?

Archived