more variety in character expressions/sentences

First of all I have to say i LOVE that our characters have voices, and talk during gameplay, both in story dialogues and random expressions. I feel it makes them much more unique to us (compared to other games, where we at most have some "oofs" or "aaahs", but not actual sentences.That being said, I'd love to have some more variety in what our characters say during the game. we all know the "I can outrun a centaur" or other well known expressions, but these repeat a lot.we could add more variety on those and more instances where they appear. like when defeating certain monsters, when there's rain, when it's nighttime, when facing a certain enemy, or even adding some more variety to the ones we already have.

@"coso.9173" said:First of all I have to say i LOVE that our characters have voices, and talk during gameplay, both in story dialogues and random expressions. I feel it makes them much more unique to us (compared to other games, where we at most have some "oofs" or "aaahs", but not actual sentences.That being said, I'd love to have some more variety in what our characters say during the game. we all know the "I can outrun a centaur" or other well known expressions, but these repeat a lot.we could add more variety on those and more instances where they appear. like when defeating certain monsters, when there's rain, when it's nighttime, when facing a certain enemy, or even adding some more variety to the ones we already have.

Cost to much and in time they will all become like "I can outrun a centaur" so people will demand more and more and more its not sustainable, be glad you can turn the repetative voices off without loseing the story ones.

Short of an unreasonable number of random lines for all 10 VAs, we're always going to have too few, such that we constantly hear the same things. I'm not arguing against it, exactly, just saying that bringing in the VAs for a handful of lines isn't worth it, and bringing in the VAs for enough lines to make it worth it is most likely prohibitively expensive outside of something that will include an income for the game. Then again I could be wrong considering the amount of VA including in each chapter without a specific income from those until after they're no longer live.

As much as I would like that, I'd just want more emotes. I don't know how many times I've /clap and had to remember that this is the only game that doesn't have that emote. So it would be great if they expanded on them. For comparison, here is GW2 emotes compared to Elder Scrolls Online.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Emote

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Emotes

So would definitely love love love being able to further express through emotes because it was so fun in ESO to /boo, /shakefist, /tap a villain during their monologue before killing them.

I'd actually like if the male toons (sylvari, I don't know if the other do) smiled on the character selection screen. Females do smile, but males don't and somehow it makes me feel a bit sad for them. Just a tiny smirk would do. Pretty please?

@"EmmetOtter.8542" said:Emotes I miss from other games/flirt/poke/slap/highfive/insult/hug/hello/goodbye/clap/golfclap

Also I wish for a "Role Play" bar where you can put your favorite emotes on.

Don't forget /joke! I think that was my favorite to use when I played WoW.

Give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to... angry grunt Just give me some freakin' magic before I kill somebody!"

Would buy "personality packets" for my characters. You could have an aggressive one, a cynical one, a noble one, ect--that would give your character a different set of sayings conveying a different personality.On that note, would also buy character voice modulators. Get to it, Anet!

@"Weindrasi.3805" said:Would buy "personality packets" for my characters. You could have an aggressive one, a cynical one, a noble one, ect--that would give your character a different set of sayings conveying a different personality.On that note, would also buy character voice modulators. Get to it, Anet!

I'd love that idea!