Rich nodes

circuitnerd.5863

@circuitnerd.5863 said:Is it me or have rich nodes lately been giving less strikes?

Only on one map the Silverwastes and one rich node it would only would yield three ore figured it was just labeled wrong but it often did that when i minded it. And Siren's Landing at one time was only yielding one ore or wood also but then in a later patch it was back to yielding 3.

@Behellagh.1468 said:You get 10 wacks from a rich metal node. Now the unbound magic gathering tools will do 4 hits per use which means you hit a rich node 3 times for 10 wacks Vs 4 times with other mining tools which do 3 wacks per use.

Ok I just tested and I'm getting 8 hits. I used an Unbreakable tool on an Iron node and then a regular Orichalcum tool on a silver node. The Iron node gave 14 and silver gave 10 ore. It seems they have reduced the number of strikes.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

@Behellagh.1468 said:You get 10 wacks from a rich metal node. Now the unbound magic gathering tools will do 4 hits per use which means you hit a rich node 3 times for 10 wacks Vs 4 times with other mining tools which do 3 wacks per use.

Ok I just tested and I'm getting 8 hits. I used an Unbreakable tool on an Iron node and then a regular Orichalcum tool on a silver node. The Iron node gave 14 and silver gave 10 ore. It seems they have reduced the number of strikes.

Rich Iron nodes sometime give 2 iron per strike, even without any gathering buffs, so you can not use the total count there. You must have misscounted the hits, i need 10 for rich node.

Sometimes you need to pay attention to how much you're getting and what tool you're using. Infinite tools seem for some reason to have to mine more for the same ore than default. I had a long talk with someone about it recently. Regular tools can sometimes give you 2 mines per strike. While infinite don't have that function so you have to mine extra.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:Ok so it turns out my Guardian is able to get 10 strikes for all rich nodes but my Warrior only gets 8 strikes for rich nodes. I don't understand why this is.

The permanent unbound magic tools gater four strikes per interaction.Regular vendor-bought tools tend to also gather four strikes, the last happening immediately on top of the third.

Are your two characters using different tools? Look at the notices of XP gain - are you getting double notice on the last strike of each interaction?If using non-permanent tools, check the charges left while gathering, it likely goes down by two at the third strike.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@circuitnerd.5863 said:Ok so it turns out my Guardian is able to get 10 strikes for all rich nodes but my Warrior only gets 8 strikes for rich nodes. I don't understand why this is.

The permanent unbound magic tools gater four strikes per interaction.Regular vendor-bought tools tend to also gather four strikes, the last happening immediately on top of the third.

Are your two characters using different tools? Look at the notices of XP gain - are you getting double notice on the last strike of each interaction?If using non-permanent tools, check the charges left while gathering, it likely goes down by two at the third strike.

My Guardian uses the Watchwork mining pick. My Warrior uses the Unbreakable mining pick. On a couple of the strikes the XP was doubled on my Warrior.

@circuitnerd.5863 said:

My Guardian uses the Watchwork mining pick. My Warrior uses the Unbreakable mining pick. On a couple of the strikes the XP was doubled on my Warrior.

That's the difference then - the Unbreakable clearly acts like the vendor-bought tools. Switch them around and you'll see the behaviour follows the tool.Most importantly, however, is the fact that you do get all ten strikes in both cases. The Watchwork gather those ten as 3+3+3+1 while the Unbreakable gathers them 4+4+2 with each strike 3&4 happening simultaneously.

Archived