Put a notice on the character select screen for when things are disabled in game

There should be some sort of visible notice at the top of the character select screen that lets people know of things going on in game such as the disabling of guild bank deposits.

I feel its only fair that there be some kind of way to notify people without requiring them to remember to check the forums. Not everyone checks the forum every day and they often don't find out these things are disabled until they attempt to use them.

With the guild bank issue, myself and several friends were cleaning guild banks to consolidate stacks and such, but now can't put any of the things back, no now half my inventory is full of siege equipment.

My guild also runs an event where we provide food for everyone. Normally I would summon a guild bank, take the food, place it, then put it back. But now I can't put it back, so I am stuck with food in my inventory and no one else can get food from the guild bank.

Well, that’s annoying

One thing you could do to get all that stuff out of your inventory is you and your friends mail the items to each other then leave them in the mail until the problem is fixed. Of course it will still be unavailable for guild members to use and mailing stuff off is a pain but at least it won’t be taking up inventory space.

Yeah I have to agree here. Or maybe put a notice into the launcher about disabled content and link to the forum post like with the release notes.

Is there an ETA on when this can/is planned to be fixed? As in "hotfix maybe tomorrow", days, weeks, etc? Not trying to sound impatient takes out a whip. We use the guild bank a lot for events and now ppl send me stuff for the guild bank blowing up my mailbox. Before I realized taking it out of the mail was a bad idea. :p

I agree that a notification on the character select screen for any really important news is a good idea. But it should only be for really important stuff - like guild banks being temporarily disabled.

The reason I say that is Elder Scrolls Online fills the screen with a notification window every time you log in, but because 90% of the time it's an advert for cash shop items or the latest DLC I never read it, and I know quite a few other people don't either. I logged into that game just before reading this topic and I couldn't tell you what the notification was today. (And that's not some sort of protest, I'm not refusing to acknowledge their cash shop, it's actually the opposite - I know what's on sale there because I look at it regularly, so the announcement is irrelevant and I ignore it.)

For a notification on the character select screen (or somewhere else during the login process) to stand out it needs to be something that only comes up when there is actual, important news to share.

@Danikat.8537 said:I agree that a notification on the character select screen for any really important news is a good idea. But it should only be for really important stuff - like guild banks being temporarily disabled.

The reason I say that is Elder Scrolls Online fills the screen with a notification window every time you log in, but because 90% of the time it's an advert for cash shop items or the latest DLC I never read it, and I know quite a few other people don't either. I logged into that game just before reading this topic and I couldn't tell you what the notification was today. (And that's not some sort of protest, I'm not refusing to acknowledge their cash shop, it's actually the opposite - I know what's on sale there because I look at it regularly, so the announcement is irrelevant and I ignore it.)

For a notification on the character select screen (or somewhere else during the login process) to stand out it needs to be something that only comes up when there is actual, important news to share.

Yeah, I would be annoyed if they used it to advertise gem store items or anything like that.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Danikat.8537 said:I agree that a notification on the character select screen for any really important news is a good idea. But it should
only
be for really important stuff - like guild banks being temporarily disabled.

Yeah, I would be annoyed if they used it to advertise gem store items or anything like that.

They should simply be separate notification systems.