Packet Loss at Amazon IP — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Packet Loss at Amazon IP

I have this weird random 1 minute or longer lag spike in pve, wvw, whatever. Today, I do pve raid and encounter the same thing and this time I manage to ping out the packet loss using ping plotter. The IP belong to amazon which is 54.240.229.171

Founder & Retired Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
Henge of Denravi
https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

Comments

• can you share the full ping plotter screenshot?

It depends a bit on the step where you get stuck. If it is the first Amazon IP in the route, it can still be an ISP issue as the issue is on the last step of the route to Amazon.
    In any ways, you can contact support to get them to assist you. If it is an issue at Amazon, they will relay the complaint to them to get it resolved. If it is with the route to there, they are limited to assist, but still can help you get on the way.

If it truly is an issue with the servers you play on, or the final steps on the route, it would be an issue reported a lot more as everyone playing would have this issue.

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

EU servers are actually down atm

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

My ISP jump through Telia Network then to Amazon.
    I didn't save the ping plotter

Founder & Retired Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi
    https://discord.gg/P5dj7fd

• Dami.5046Dami.5046 Member ✭✭✭✭

I can't re-log after DC but my friend is still on his server but can't use the TP. WvW seems to be fine and i was going to head there:(

• Luthan.5236Luthan.5236 Member ✭✭✭

Atm (from EU) login servers seem down. Launcher takes ages on login to stop with error message about login servers. When clicking cancel while in progress and then trying again it throws the (transaction still in progress) message. (So doesn't really cancel.)

My internet connection is fine. Didn't change anything and GW1 is working.

• I have the same problem( Europe). I received a message with network problem that stop the game and after i try to reset but still can't connect.

• Same issue Europe

yep Europe. sorry.

• Adzekul.3104Adzekul.3104 Member ✭✭✭

Massive disconnects in EU WvW. If you change map within WvW, you get DCed from the game and cannot get back in.

Urgent attention required.

• @mercury ranique.2170 said:

If it truly is an issue with the servers you play on, or the final steps on the route, it would be an issue reported a lot more as everyone playing would have this issue.

Ding, this seems to be the case!

• deuteria.6870deuteria.6870 Member
    edited August 17, 2019

Same: disconnected after leaving Personal Story phase, not able to connect again. Launcher shows login server error. EU

• @Adzekul.3104 said:
    Massive disconnects in EU WvW. If you change map within WvW, you get DCed from the game and cannot get back in.

Urgent attention required.

The same with open world, change map - DCed.

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭

I too have tried to map transition from Tangled Depths to Auric Basin. Disconnected and now cannot reconnect. Launcher sites error code 58:11:5:535 unable to contact log-in server.

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yea same problem here login server down

• MyPuppy.8970MyPuppy.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

I love it. It looks like an apocalyptic scenario.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 17, 2019

@MyPuppy.8970 said:

I love it. It looks like an apocalyptic scenario.

We must be due a deluge of "Game is dying" threads now after looking at that map.. looks like something out of a wargames scenario :)
    Personally I would of added a Slim Pickens graphic showing the missile dropping into the relevant map marker.. yeeehaaa

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

mmm Normally Anet are quite quick to acknowledge any issues, and i know it's the weekend, guessing they do know?
    :o

• Donutdude.9582Donutdude.9582 Member ✭✭✭

Issue appears resolved. I have successfully logged back on - UK here.

My Wiki Profile
    Honorary Seraph Captain
    Guardian Expert

• Problem solved, I can log in- Romania here

• Having huge ping issues here as well. NA - est. (have fiber optic 100 up/down amazing isp)

Leader of Lion Knight / Guardian, Necro.
    500 Member PvX / Ruthless Legend

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.