What will cause ME not to use Templates

I don't want to lock armor, weapons, and trinkets to a single character.I use all Ascended equipment (and some Legendary weapons) on my characters and sometimes swap between characters.I would rather add two more weapon swapping tabs (like GW1) than buy equipment tabs.

I do plan on using the Build Templates.

If I'm wrong, please tell me I'm wrong.

unfortunately unequiping the gear will destroy the gear template, so you will have to manually recreate it each time you move gear from one character to another... Definitely feels punishing for those that have invested in legendary gear and ample shared inventory slots already, as Arc templates previously made sharing gear between toons relatively painless. I sincerely hope that Anet offers shared armory tabs in the future.

I simply don't see the need to use it.PvP is largely unaffected by this and most times some people purposely let the timer run out before the match starts, so that#s enough time to switch out some skills.In WvW I usually run the same skills as I do in in PvE.

It's not like I have my GW1 monk withover 9000 heal builds3 DPS buildsseveral protection build, both 55hp and normal ones

I really miss monk.

@Pifil.5193 said:You can still move equipment from character to character, you just have to take it out of the equipment template first. You can probably click and drag it straight from the Equipment Template directly to your back or shared inventory.

They said this would be used to free up inventory space. What you suggest would make me keep a number of inventory spaces always open to allow for equipment swapping. I don't know of too many people who have 8 shared inventory slots open for equipment swapping either.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

@Pifil.5193 said:You can still move equipment from character to character, you just have to take it out of the equipment template first. You can probably click and drag it straight from the Equipment Template directly to your back or shared inventory.

They said this would be used to free up inventory space. What you suggest would make me keep a number of inventory spaces always open to allow for equipment swapping. I don't know of too many people who have 8 shared inventory slots open for equipment swapping either.

I bought several dozen shared slots exclusively for this purpose...

But then you would have to redo the template every single time, since there is no way to save and load it.

The equipment build template is sadly useless for shared equipment. Since I don't tend to raid, less incentive for me to make more ascended gear, I guess. Still will be nice for my firebrand/dh though, and my chrono/mirage.> @Ashantara.8731 said:

But then you would have to redo the template every single time, since there is no way to save and load it.

Actually, you can save it offline (like to a text document) and copy it back in. Annoying, but still don't have to rebuild it from scratch, at least.

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:The equipment build template is sadly useless for shared equipment. Since I don't tend to raid, less incentive for me to make more ascended gear, I guess. Still will be nice for my firebrand/dh though, and my chrono/mirage.> @Ashantara.8731 said:

Actually, you can save it offline (like to a text document) and copy it back in. Annoying, but still don't have to rebuild it from scratch, at least.

You can't save gear templates to a text file. the chat codes are only for traits

@dodgerrule.8739 said:There is no point in Build templates unless you have legendaries

:lol:

I think you didn't educate yourself on the matter by reading what people wrote in the various threads. Legendaries profit the least from the upcoming template feature the way ANet has designed it.

@Taygus.4571 said:

@whoeverxwins.1279 said:Actually, you can save it offline (like to a text document) and copy it back in. Annoying, but still don't have to rebuild it from scratch, at least.

You can't save gear templates to a text file. the chat codes are only for traits

:+1:

@Taygus.4571 said:

@"Mortelentus.9236" said:isn't there at least 1 free account wide gear template?

no

they said equiped gear cannot be accessed by other characters

Oh, that's a bit "boring" indeed. For my personal use it's not critical, but I imagine it might be for others. Still I do understand the possible technical implications.

Thank you for clarifying, mate.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Very true, they seem to be a poorly thought out design and a definite downgrade from arc templates but the op seemed to think that adding gear to one was a permanent thing it isn't.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

@"Pifil.5193" said:You can still move equipment from character to character, you just have to take it out of the equipment template first. You can probably click and drag it straight from the Equipment Template directly to your back or shared inventory.

Sorry that should have been "You can probably click and drag it straight from the Equipment Template directly to your bank or shared inventory" damn autocorrect changed it to back. I assume you did that before as the bank or shared slots are the only way to move gear from character to character.

I sure don't have 8+ free shared slots, more like 1 right now.

@"Pifil.5193" said:

Very true, they seem to be a poorly thought out design and a definite downgrade from arc templates but the op seemed to think that adding gear to one was a permanent thing it isn't.

I don't think it changes items to character-bound, but rather creates a "closet" (for a lack of better words) that a single character can access which holds equipment.

I wish this were a 1-3 month Beta roll-out for everyone to then give actual feedback from actual players used to guide the fixes and patches.

Too many times it feels like the changes come from what's easiest for the coders or what will make the most money (short term).