Immobilize during elixir S — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Immobilize during elixir S

Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭✭

I know there’s a call for what should be nerfs to engineer(Holosmith). But this has bugged me for awhile and would like to know if anyone agrees. Should immobilized still take effect during elixir S. To me this has seemed very inconsistent with how elixir S works post changes and I want to know if anyone at all agrees or not.

Immobilize during elixir S 37 votes

Yes. Immobilize should be a condi that persists during elixir S
64%
Jethro.9376Grimjack.8130reikken.4961AnodicShadow.3647Chaith.8256mrauls.6519Fortus.6175Voltekka.2375Eddbopkins.2630Kicast.1459bravan.3876Miatela.5047Widmo.3186RedShark.9548AngelLovesFredrik.6741Serenity.6304Nekromalistik.7045Psycoprophet.8107alain.1659Tharan.9085 24 votes
No. Remove immobilize when in elixir S
35%
Dawdler.8521Exalted Quality.8534wasss.1208Emapudapus.1307ParadoX.3124Yannir.4132Dalo.3941Suraci.1642knite.1542Dantheman.3589darknanor.6810GaijinGuy.8476azza.1906 13 votes

Comments

• Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭✭

I think rn it is so ez to focus a Holosmith with builds ie condi thief and core guardian. These builds already seem to counter engineer and even Holosmith really hard and having perma immobilize even during S seems very excessive.

• SeikeNz.3526SeikeNz.3526 Member ✭✭✭

why should remove imoblize? is holo a snowflake that stunbreakers remove it?

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

I think it should be removed because elixir S is meant to make you immune to condis or at least damaging condis. Not sure what snowflakes have to do with it.

• dDuff.3860dDuff.3860 Member ✭✭✭

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

I think it should be removed because elixir S is meant to make you immune to condis or at least damaging condis. Not sure what snowflakes have to do with it.

because snowflakes immune to condis, but burning.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

because snowflakes immune to condis, but burning.

Look I already know it’s a stupid insignificant poll. Just want anyone’s honest opinion.

• dDuff.3860dDuff.3860 Member ✭✭✭

Your poll doesn't provide the correct answer: ignore immob during elixir S, but don't remove that.

Anyways stupid insignificant poll feedback still appreciated

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

@Dantheman.3589 said:
    I know there’s a call for what should be nerfs to engineer(Holosmith). But this has bugged me for awhile and would like to know if anyone agrees. Should immobilized still take effect during elixir S. To me this has seemed very inconsistent with how elixir S works post changes and I want to know if anyone at all agrees or not.

doesnt it work the same way mesmers disort? if you disort when immobed you are still immobed and cant move.

edited November 3, 2019

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

doesnt it work the same way mesmers disort? if you disort when immobed you are still immobed and cant move.

Mesmer distort is a dodge that can also remove immobilize when traited for. While elixir s makes you immune to incoming effects including condis. So why become immune to everything except an immobilize that was already there. I don’t think even warding does anything to S so why should immobilize...

• reikken.4961reikken.4961 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 3, 2019

ele in mist/vapor form is still immobilized
    it's good counterplay. "This guy is gonna go invuln, so immob him"

• Leonidrex.5649Leonidrex.5649 Member ✭✭✭

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Mesmer distort is a dodge that can also remove immobilize when traited for. While elixir s makes you immune to incoming effects including condis. So why become immune to everything except an immobilize that was already there. I don’t think even warding does anything to S so why should immobilize...

elixir S
    Elixir. Drink Elixir S to shrink yourself, recover from stun, and evade attacks.
    Duration.png Duration: 3 seconds
    Miscellaneous effect.png Prevents Capture-Point Contribution
    Breaks stun.png Breaks Stun
    This skill grants invulnerability despite what the tooltip says.

Disortion
    Shatter. Gain distortion and destroy all your clones, gaining additional distortion for each one shattered.

Distortion.png Distortion (1s): Immune to conditions and damage.
    disortion even states : IMMUNE TO CONDITIONS and damage.

None of what this power does states that it should remove immobalize, in fact it doesnt even state that it should grand invulnerability, tooltip says that you remove stun and evade.

• Vagrant.7206Vagrant.7206 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Just be aware that most of core engineer's skills and traits are inconsistent like this. Just look at the wiki page for static discharge and tell me that makes sense based on the tooltip given.

Elixir S immob is on the lower end of relevant inconsistencies, I would say.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice!

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Huh?

If you're talking about Auspicious Anguish it only converts damaging conditions on Distort, not Immobilize.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• avey.4201avey.4201 Member ✭✭✭

@dDuff.3860 said:
    Your poll doesn't provide the correct answer: ignore immob during elixir S, but don't remove that.

I think that would be warrior business ignoring game mechanics ;)

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Huh?

If you're talking about Auspicious Anguish it only converts damaging conditions on Distort, not Immobilize.

I’m talking about how elusive mind removes condis on dodge. Though after I checked it I noticed it just “removes 1 condition” unlike dash on thief that removes “movement impairment”

• mortrialus.3062mortrialus.3062 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 4, 2019

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Huh?

I’m talking about how elusive mind removes condis on dodge. Though after I checked it I noticed it just “removes 1 condition” unlike dash on thief that removes “movement impairment”

Elusive Mind doesn't impact Distortion.

Ahhh the days when Elusive Mind was still worth using.

Best Dressed Memser NA.

• ParadoX.3124ParadoX.3124 Member ✭✭✭

Elixir S should immune you to every condis during the use. Having immo or freeze is a pain to walk away

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Eles vaporform has that for years and its the only way to stop an ele in downed state from vaporing away. Since they are both invulns in which the person can move it would have to be treated the same way

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

Eles vaporform has that for years and its the only way to stop an ele in downed state from vaporing away. Since they are both invulns in which the person can move it would have to be treated the same way

That pretty much answers it, consistency is nice to have.

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@apharma.3741 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

It indeed is nice to have, so not being able to move while in elixir s when immoed should stay.

@apharma.3741 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@SeikeNz.3526 said:

I agree toward consistency but it doesn’t necessarily make it correct. Vapor form is a little different from S ie gives you a new health bar. We could still change S leave vapor form or change both- because namely it doesn’t seem to 100% make sense that immobilize persist during invulns.

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

Renewed focus & other similar skills would need to ignore all control condis too then

It seems most people’s opinion is to remain consistent with other classes that have a somewhat similar skill. Though I’d like to remind people that this skill initially let condis persist even in S. This was later changed so that condis would not effect it the only difference is that immobilize is like the only thing that you will see persist during S. I honestly think this skill is beyond busted but it’s also beyond busted to land a 3 sec immobilize onto them. I just want better balance nerf holos over tuned aspects and to balance remove the immob that’s all I’m asking for

• Curennos.9307Curennos.9307 Member ✭✭✭

Imo it should stay - it's nice that invulns, which are essentially total immortality for the duration and thus let you relieve pressure, reposition, etc - have some sort of counterplay to at least limit the ease of repositioning.

• Yes. Immobilize should be a condi that persists during elixir S

@Dantheman.3589 said:
    It seems most people’s opinion is to remain consistent with other classes that have a somewhat similar skill. Though I’d like to remind people that this skill initially let condis persist even in S. This was later changed so that condis would not effect it the only difference is that immobilize is like the only thing that you will see persist during S. I honestly think this skill is beyond busted but it’s also beyond busted to land a 3 sec immobilize onto them. I just want better balance nerf holos over tuned aspects and to balance remove the immob that’s all I’m asking for

This wasn't just for elixir s. They reworked all invulns to function the same. S is already incredibly strong, as it lets you stomp and res. It lets you interact with things like skyhammer jump pads without it breaking, unlike renewed focus.

~ God Tier Guardian

• bravan.3876bravan.3876 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 5, 2019

No class that gets immobed before invuln removes the immob (with the invuln). Why should Engi be able to? Invuln prevents stacking immob further and that is exactly how all invuln should work. Nothing more nothing less, anything else would not make sense

"playing revenant is borderline exploiting" - up condimirage 2k18

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.