[Feature Request] All Outfits Need Toggle-Able Shoulders/Gloves

Gryphon.2875

I think the general idea is that people like gear skins more than outfits. There's just more freedom to build your look no matter how you slice it. I'd certainly purchase more if this were the way they did things, because many of the outfits have pieces I like, but aspects I find hideous that keep my wallet shut. Evidently they've crunched numbers at the company and decided outfits are better for their time/resources, but that doesn't mean it's better for players.

Kharmin is right, outfits are "onesies" and there's nothing under the shoulders because they are part and parcel of the whole thing. The toggle's been requested repeatedly for a long time and the answer is that they can't do it. Or rather, that while they could, it would take so much work per outfit that they'd lose the benefit (to them) of the profits and thus they cannot justify that time expenditure compared to other game improvements.

@"Donari.5237" said:Kharmin is right, outfits are "onesies" and there's nothing under the shoulders because they are part and parcel of the whole thing. The toggle's been requested repeatedly for a long time and the answer is that they can't do it. Or rather, that while they could, it would take so much work per outfit that they'd lose the benefit (to them) of the profits and thus they cannot justify that time expenditure compared to other game improvements.

@"Donari.5237" said:Kharmin is right, outfits are "onesies" and there's nothing under the shoulders because they are part and parcel of the whole thing. The toggle's been requested repeatedly for a long time and the answer is that they can't do it. Or rather, that while they could, it would take so much work per outfit that they'd lose the benefit (to them) of the profits and thus they cannot justify that time expenditure compared to other game improvements.

Maybe, but there are many, many outfits I would have purchased if I could piece them out. And I am sure am not unique. Some times what is more expedient and profitable in the short term for a company, negates large long-term gains

but there IS something under the shoulders, at least this new one, you can SEE it. its just a jumpsuit. and moving your camera you can see whats under the shoulders.

@"XatraZaytrax.2601" said:Maybe, but there are many, many outfits I would have purchased if I could piece them out. And I am sure am not unique. Some times what is more expedient and profitable in the short term for a company, negates large long-term gains

We have already been told that armor sets take a LOT more resources to produce due to the different races, sexes, sizes, etc. Outfits take a LOT less time and resources to make. True, most players probably prefer the armor sets because of the ability to mix/match for Fashion Wars. Anet seems to have decided to make armor sets obtainable in-game (via crafting) and outfits available through the store.

EDIT: I knew that I had seen this somewhere in the forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/969914/#Comment_969914

Mike-OBrien-ArenaNetArmor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs.

@kharmin.7683 said:

@"XatraZaytrax.2601" said:Maybe, but there are many, many outfits I would have purchased if I could piece them out. And I am sure am not unique. Some times what is more expedient and profitable in the short term for a company, negates large long-term gains

We have already been told that armor sets take a LOT more resources to produce due to the different races, sexes, sizes, etc. Outfits take a LOT less time and resources to make. True, most players probably prefer the armor sets because of the ability to mix/match for Fashion Wars. Anet seems to have decided to make armor sets obtainable in-game (via crafting) and outfits available through the store.

EDIT: I knew that I had seen this somewhere in the forums:

Mike-OBrien-ArenaNetArmor sets are by far the most expensive reward we can make. A full set includes heavy, medium, light, times five races, times two sexes, so it's like developing 30 sets. It takes nine months to develop. (That's for a normal armor set -- legendary is much longer.) It's not something we can do for Living World episodes. Individual pieces are good rewards for Living World episodes; full sets are more something for expansion packs.

Well that quote is correct but its 1 race (human) and then they drag and strech to fit the other 4 somewhat, just to clarify.

@kharmin.7683 said:

EDIT: I knew that I had seen this somewhere in the forums:

If that's the case, how I wish Anet would start releasing expansion packs more frequently with armor skins and charge us money rather than developing Living World episodes with little to no armor skins, among other things.