Renegade's Orders From Above...

Ygdrad.7839

Am I the only one who thinks Renegade's F4 ability, "Orders From Above" is weak?

20s cooldown25 energy cost

What you get: 4x 1s pulse of aoe alacrity which translates to... 1.32s shaved off of cooldowns, 1.98s if you pick Righteous Rebel

Why would I ever want to press this button unless I'm playing a damageless buffbot which herald is infinitely better at?

I don't know how much Alacrity you can realistically get out of Ventari Herald but I think that's the only way this would be especially useful; filling a hole in your Ventari Alacrity rotation on the cheap.

It seems like it's just there for that. Your group need Alacrity, Assassin's Presence and a pretty unimpressive amount of Might? Ventari Renegade. Overall, pretty meh.

@Ygdrad.7839 said:Am I the only one who thinks Renegade's F4 ability, "Orders From Above" is weak?

What you get: 4x 1s pulse of aoe alacrity which translates to... 1.32s shaved off of cooldowns, 1.98s if you pick Righteous Rebel

Why would I ever want to press this button unless I'm playing a damageless buffbot which herald is infinitely better at?

It is useless. The only time I ever use it is between fights in solo PvE. It has no other use. It costs 5 seconds worth of energy for 4 sec alacrity...

@otto.5684 said:

@Ygdrad.7839 said:Am I the only one who thinks Renegade's F4 ability, "Orders From Above" is weak?

It is useless. The only time I ever use it is between fights in solo PvE. It has no other use. It costs 5 seconds worth of energy for 4 sec alacrity...

And guess what Revenants aren't ever gated by cooldowns, but rather by their Energy. So does Alacrity make sense for a Revenant to have? /shrug

@Ojimaru.8970 said:

@otto.5684 said:

And guess what Revenants aren't ever gated by cooldowns, but rather by their Energy. So does Alacrity make sense for a Revenant to have? /shrug

Everything I use to kill things, heal, run away, etc, has both an energy cost and a CD. If I could spam SB 4 and 5, I would make a burn rev, but they have a CD. The only things that don't have a CD are channelled abilities that destroy energy.

Righteous Rebel should improve Orders from Above further, instead of having the condition damage reduction, which has nothing to do with Orders from Above, the trait should allow Orders from Above to increase the number of target to ten, in addition to its current relevant effects which are increasing the radius by 120 as well as the duration by 50%.

Righteous Rebel would become a good support trait, and the ability for Revenant to give 6s. alacrity to ten players would allow for better raid composition, as one Chrono could be replaced by a support Renegade, and if you're ready to have a slightly worse GotL uptime (and no spirits (unless a cSoulbeast takes sun)/spotter/empowerment) you can also get rid off one Druid, as healing will be filled by the Renegade, and a Firebrand would take the place of the Druid for quickness sharing.

@Sarrs.4831 said:I don't know how much Alacrity you can realistically get out of Ventari Herald but I think that's the only way this would be especially useful; filling a hole in your Ventari Alacrity rotation on the cheap.

"On the cheap" meaning 1 second more Alacrity for ~6k less healing done to everyone? :tongue:

@Carighan.6758 said:

@Sarrs.4831 said:I don't know how much Alacrity you can realistically get out of Ventari Herald but I think that's the only way this would be especially useful; filling a hole in your Ventari Alacrity rotation on the cheap.

"On the cheap" meaning 1 second more Alacrity for ~6k less healing done to everyone? :tongue:

I mean, yeah. It's primarily useful when you don't need the healing or really need the damage.

Archived