What would you like to play after patch?

Dantheman.3589

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:This is premature. Until I have a chance to take each build for a spin, I can't say which I would like.

Well many ppl are predicting builds that they think might finally be decent that they haven’t played in awhile, so why not. And as far as meta ppl also have their best guesses so why not just say that. I personally wouldn’t mind trying DE again as I stopped playing it when they got rid of unblockable DJ, also I’m not sure what the meta will be so ima just try something for fun

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:This is premature. Until I have a chance to take each build for a spin, I can't say which I would like.

Well many ppl are predicting builds that they think might finally be decent that they haven’t played in awhile, so why not. And as far as meta ppl also have their best guesses so why not just say that. I personally wouldn’t mind trying DE again as I stopped playing it when they got rid of unblockable DJ, also I’m not sure what the meta will be so ima just try something for fun

For instance, I like to play DE S/D, it's not on the list, but I don't know if I will still like playing it after the patch.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

For instance, I like to play DE S/D, it's not on the list, but I don't know if I will still like playing it after the patch.

Other column is there. I think s/d might be fine on DE thing is after rifle rework traits are a little better for rifle as u give up the second stun you had, which is kind of why I specifically said rifle + x becuz rifle has been pretty much better for s/d IMO becuz u lose all mobility of steal and don’t have as strong traits for Shortbow only builds.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Other column is there. I think s/d might be fine on DE thing is after rifle rework traits are a little better for rifle as u give up the second stun you had, which is kind of why I specifically said rifle + x becuz rifle has been pretty much better for s/d IMO becuz u lose all mobility of steal and don’t have as strong traits for Shortbow only builds.

I don't main Rifle though, so I guess I'll take other. I might go back to D/P though. :/

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

I don't main Rifle though, so I guess I'll take other. I might go back to D/P though. :/

I feel ya though, I loved sd DE when it came out, but after rework I had to play rifle, but with the incoming balance patch rifle 2 is untouched and so are some in s/d so I’m hoping to try out some s/d deadeye and also SA/ or dp DE builds as they might possibly make it back to “great tier”

My WvW solo roam build (dual rifle SA/Tr Mara/durab) getting rightfully shaved here and there, but when looking at everything else changing alongside, it will still remain the absolute best roam build.

I'm even confident enough that things be be even easier for me thanks to the lowering of DMG output (dmg skills that had cc factored in getting the 0.01P coef nerfhammer) that I will be able to swap out Durability rune for something more fun.

Sure, the current iteration of malice/DE flow made it easier to hard counter every WvW build I encounter, but I'm still pissed off at being forced to play around stealth/DJ offloads. I miss stealth-less rifle deadeye days with Cursed Bullets. Fuck DJ. I want Cursed Bullets again. The only thing it needed was fixing it's vertical pathing to track targets (ppl atop walls or hill and cliffs).

As for PvE, I'll be happy to bust out my Hopes for piercing pew pew. Guess we'll never see Ricochet again, oh well...

I’ll keep playing what I’ve been playing, P/D.

I’m planning my build now. A few traits changed out will adjust for the post patch environment.

I’ll have to test out a few things but I should have a workable build right out of the gate even if it isn’t fully optimized.

I play virtually all versions of thief to some degree and will continue to do so.

Out of the gate I am going to go to try d/d condition thief as I think this spec will do quite well. It had some weaknesses which should be mitigated to some extent with all of the changes and the patch does not really hit it that hard. I am interested in maximizing the percent gains to Conditions available. The Combo of potent poison (20) Impaling lotus (15) and lead attacks (15) with Burst sigil added allows for ~50 percent add to poison ticks and ~30 percent add on all others. DB is hit as are the durations on some of the other condition traits but I forsee less power damage overall along with less frequently used CC as helpful.

The other build I will focus on before getting to more traditional power builds will be the Hybrid using p/p and one of d/d or s/d. There will be some tweaking involved as I see it and these two should take up my early time.

I am then going to rifle/sp power and see how that fares.