Best build for PvE (Fractals, dungeons, open world)

Blur.3465

With the current changes, I am wondering how Mesmer plays now in Fractals and generally open world (bosses).I'm interested in Mirage the most, seeing that the patch nerfed the damage and cooldowns.I've grinded Astralaria just for the sole purpose of using it on my Mirage, would definitely hate to see condi Mirage go to waste and be rendered useless in PvE.

What builds do you go with and what would you recommend to play, post-patch?

PvP I have no intentions to touch now that Mirage lost its second dodge. I've struggled enough to pick up the fast paced PvP combat, with just one dodge I don't think I'll touch PvP for a while now.

@Blur.3465 said:

@"Starshine.8739" said:This patch did not affect PvE mirage in any way.

I've seen changes in numbers and (as far as I remember) nerfs to the pistol. Hence my concern.I'm glad Mirage PvE did not get affected much then! Haven't had time to test it out yet :)

These changes are only for pvp/wvw, list of changes relevant for PvE can be found in this post:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1166673/#Comment_1166673

@Blur.3465 said:With the current changes, I am wondering how Mesmer plays now in Fractals and generally open world (bosses).I'm interested in Mirage the most, seeing that the patch nerfed the damage and cooldowns.I've grinded Astralaria just for the sole purpose of using it on my Mirage, would definitely hate to see condi Mirage go to waste and be rendered useless in PvE.

PvP I have no intentions to touch now that Mirage lost its second dodge. I've struggled enough to pick up the fast paced PvP combat, with just one dodge I don't think I'll touch PvP for a while now.

I would say just delete or retire your mesmer. No point in playing one. They arent good enough in fractals, or other content to compete with other classes. Core is underpowered in pvp/wvw and chrono/mirage are dead in pvp/wvw.

THe only thing a mesmer is still good for is Open World content,if you can call that a thing worthy of being good at.

I suggest retire, play FB, War, or other better classes with proper DPS that can play in other game modes. Why would you even ask?

@Moradorin.6217 said:

@Blur.3465 said:With the current changes, I am wondering how Mesmer plays now in Fractals and generally open world (bosses).I'm interested in Mirage the most, seeing that the patch nerfed the damage and cooldowns.I've grinded Astralaria just for the sole purpose of using it on my Mirage, would definitely hate to see condi Mirage go to waste and be rendered useless in PvE.

I would say just delete or retire your mesmer. No point in playing one. They arent good enough in fractals, or other content to compete with other classes. Core is underpowered in pvp/wvw and chrono/mirage are dead in pvp/wvw.

THe only thing a mesmer is still good for is Open World content,if you can call that a thing worthy of being good at.

I suggest retire, play FB, War, or other better classes with proper DPS that can play in other game modes. Why would you even ask?

Fyi, as of right now, power chrono is probably the highest dps output with the new domination trait. No mesmer build provides much utility, but the damage is there for both power and condi.

Sure, but that's in pve. Also last I checked chrono was ok for DPS, but FB is generally a much better option, which was why I said "to compete with other classes". It was my way of trying to acknowledge that Chrono does good DPS while also trying to remember that Chrono is basically chosen when FB isnt available. Which is also why I said FB or war.

@otto.5684 said:

Fyi, as of right now, power chrono is probably the highest dps output with the new domination trait. No mesmer build provides much utility, but the damage is there for both power and condi.

Not in this content (specifically fractals, dungeons and open world).

For fractals, pchrono’s burst is too slow for advanced runs, and requires good slow uptime to achieve big numbers. Bosses are also having annoying phases added to them, making this is rarely achievable. Therefore, the only time where it truly excels is when the party isn’t very experienced in the first place, which is in fact rather common, but it is still incorrect to say that pchrono is anywhere near meta for fractals.

Dungeons are comparatively the same, assuming a decent group, things die way too quickly for pchrono to have an impact, and clearing trash mobs quickly and or efficiently is not one of pchrono’s strengths.

Openworld is even worse, there is practically no point of running chrono when things die before Chronophantasma sees any real use.

• For shorter fights and clearing trash mobs, core mesmer spits out its dmg the fastest while still sporting dps just slightly lower than (domi) pchrono with no-slow.
  • For situations where support is seriously lacking, IR illu pchrono will likely pull ahead despite having trash tier dps because generating your boons is superior to having none at all.
  • In cases otherwise, this is where you’d bring (domi) pchrono.

Tbh, if you are able to play dps mesmer at all in PvE, that’s already enough reason to be able to play condi mirage instead. If something as inefficient as pchrono can be deemed as acceptable, I can’t see why condi mirage wouldn’t be.

@Moradorin.6217 said:

You missed raids, where chronos are still in demand as support roles. Also, mesmer dps on PvE are different; they don't deliver 'burst DPS' like FB but they have better 'sustain DPS'.

@Melech.4308 said:

You missed raids, where chronos are still in demand as support roles. Also, mesmer dps on PvE are different; they don't deliver 'burst DPS' like FB but they have better 'sustain DPS'.

Doesnt really matter, Mesmer is still dead. Its still a waste of time. The game is on its Deathbed anyway. Im just sad so I wasted so much time playing.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Mesmers are king in PvE where there is a JP nearby and hordes of players nearby who suck at jumping.

I doubt that those kings are real mesmers because the real ones don't play anymore. Those mesmers are now players from other professions with his alt for do the jumping puzzle because they don't have other alternative or players portaling for gold, no main mesmers. With the exception, maybe, of the "PINK" guild, that is well known to do it as their identity or something else.

I've been testing out my Mirage Fractals build and so far so good, seems unchanged in every way which is a big relief.I'm generally 'new' to Mirage and open to suggestions and advises. I'm running the Fractals build in the open world too and I'm generally loving it, as it feels somehow 'more buff' compared to the classic Open World Mirage and Raid Mirage.

As for PvP yeah...I have no intentions to play Mirage there anymore.