Whats a good Support WvW Thief build?

Knighthonor.4061

Float around and be all over to cover and intercept for teammates with blinds, pulls, stealth, walls, and whatever. If you don't have trouble in Kneel on DE Snipers cover is a multi-tool and Deaths Retreat untargeted is good for working an area and on DrD or core Shortbow is as good as ever.

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:Evading Bunny build (Tr/Acro/DD) is a very good support.That would be the way to go.

shortbow 2: spam blast finishers into combo fields for group stealth / heal / cleanse / might / swiftness(good vs. guild cores that are tightly stacked)

You can port into the enemy backline, jump some free casters, especially weavers that go for meteor shower, and thus keep away lots of damage from your squad. So you're more like a "pre-frontal" (lul) off tank than a pure damage dealer (some damage mods recieved significant nerfs lately).(good vs. dispersed pug zergs that cloud a lot)

steal + trickery: gives group vigor + fury + swiftness and partly stab + protThe boons are applied around your starting location, not were you land the steal.

You don't need a firebrand group slot, so more boons and heals for your team mates.

If needed dispatch from your zerg and scout the enemy zerg or check objectives that turned in-fight.

Nonetheless, you still won't replace FBs or Ingies and not recognized as a support class, but a selfish DPS ;) You might not even get a squad slot, but still can use their water fields with SB2, dodge, vault.

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"Sir Vincent III.1286" said:Evading Bunny build (Tr/Acro/DD) is a very good support.That would be the way to go.

shortbow 2: spam blast finishers into combo fields for group stealth / heal / cleanse / might / swiftness(good vs. guild cores that are tightly stacked)

You can port into the enemy backline, jump some free casters, especially weavers that go for meteor shower, and thus keep away lots of damage from your squad. So you're more like a "pre-frontal" (lul) off tank than a pure damage dealer (some damage mods recieved significant nerfs lately).(good vs. dispersed pug zergs that cloud a lot)

steal + trickery: gives group vigor + fury + swiftness and partly stab + protThe boons are applied around your starting location, not were you land the steal.

You don't need a firebrand group slot, so more boons and heals for your team mates.

If needed dispatch from your zerg and scout the enemy zerg or check objectives that turned in-fight.

Nonetheless, you still won't replace FBs or Ingies and not recognized as a support class, but a selfish DPS ;) You might not even get a squad slot, but still can use their water fields with SB2, dodge, vault.

It's so easy to taunt players in WvW using Scorpion Wire and when they start chasing you, you can lead them to an ambush or better yet, pull them into one. Your job really is to draw attention and evade attacks. Your team should be doing all the damage. Pulling players into Pitfall and 1k Needles is so much fun.

WvW is on a larger scale than other modes but we're still largely trolls being all over the place to free up specialized builds that power part of a group composition. We're still working mostly off of mobility and the adaptive and responsive design of Initiative over cooldowns and heavy signature skills/traits/utilities that energize other builds in the group. So I guess we're all mostly saying the same thing, you don't have try to install thief skills and traits into a team comp since any inherent supportive aspects aren't going to be on the scale of your teammates, so think about using your skills to influence and manipulate those other players builds on both sides.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:I'd say that's more of a troll build than support build, but ok :D

When it comes to the Thief, is there really a difference?

So to answer OP's question: none :p

Exactly. The moment a Thief think about support, that Thief is a troll.

Ah, ok. Got confused by

Evading Bunny build (Tr/Acro/DD) is a very good support.

:lol:

• Confused 1

@Sobx.1758 said:

@Sobx.1758 said:I'd say that's more of a troll build than support build, but ok :D

When it comes to the Thief, is there really a difference?

So to answer OP's question: none :p

Exactly. The moment a Thief think about support, that Thief is a troll.

Ah, ok. Got confused by

Evading Bunny build (Tr/Acro/DD) is a very good support.

:lol:

You cut the last part that I assume was a given

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:Evading Bunny build (Tr/Acro/DD) is a very good support. A.K.A. live bait.

Here is a Support Build I came up with for WvW zerg fights.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?Pa1AUhrlFwCZgsN2JeqWnPfA-zRpYCBh3FCCYQDqRBlGBcETGKkEDhUrgeTAdHA-e

whats your thoughts on this?

I tried using Seal, but I had difficulty using it without going down to enemy zergs and with how dynamic movement is. So I removed the Seal Prep ability.