When a new guild hall?

PoF is already finished and so is Living world season 4. And still, only one Guild Hall was released with PoF where 2 were with HoT. We only had one very awful small guild hall, where no places are great to build anything, windswept haven worth nothing compared to glided hollow or the beautiful lost precipice. So I'm asking, could I wait for a better guild hall in the near future, or; welp continue buying decos without any ambition, any sense? And so just use HoT ones? I mean, I eventually found the mine to create a "home" but not that great apart that place, it's only sand sand and ruins. Very fast to visit that GH. Sad because the recent decos are awesome.

• 4 months later...

I'd have no problem with mini-halls, I always thought the current ones were a bit too big, Hollow in particular has a lot of wasted space with all that water (though I do like how you can get to the surface in that one). Maybe make a Hall or three that's only half or a quarter the size and pop them into different places like the Shiverpeaks, Ascalon, etc.

Will Anet do this? Probably not, but its worth a thought.

Do we really need more GH's.. I mean the ones we have I would put money on go largely unused to its potential.Keep throwing out Guild Halls for the heck of it is not a solution, better to fix, revamp and get creative on improving the ones we have and the prohibitions things like deco scribing have on players/guilds.I personally find ANET's GH system to be amongst the worst I have come across.. it always felt too large, rushed, incomplete and lacking even in some of the basic functionality. Add to that I find just placing decorations to be so laborious and frustrating to the point of it being so NOT fun.The prohibitive costs of scribing and the fact one size fits all to me just makes it silly bad for smaller guilds to develop the Halls to feel like useable content, there isn't even a descent guesting system to allow others to view the works of other guilds/scribes, which I have always thought and found to be so useful in encouraging and motivating guilds to put effort into their own.

Nah I view ANETs Guild Halls to be nothing more than a late call marketing push for HoT that was rushed in, unfinished and with no plan to improve on them going forward... heck I would love to be surprised though as done better it can be fun content.

Yeah the implementation is really bad. Basically, once the max lvl is reached, there is no reason to come back apart for nodes. Also it's very empty, some side quests npcs could be added within it. More npcs and animals.... ls nodes.... even some kind of events like race, bounty or whatever. Imho sunrefuge could have fused with gh.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Guilds are an abandoned part of Guildwars.

This sadly appears to be the case, in fact wasn't the guild teams amalgamated into other things some time back already iirc.It's actually even worse. In some past AMA they explained, that there wasn't even any guild team in the first place. The guild stuff that was made? Done by pulling off devs from other teams.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Guilds are an abandoned part of Guildwars.

This sadly appears to be the case, in fact wasn't the guild teams amalgamated into other things some time back already iirc.It's actually even worse. In some past AMA they explained, that there wasn't even any guild team in the first place. The guild stuff that was made? Done by pulling off devs from other teams.

Sounds about right

I would very much like a guild hall island.Start off with a small island and increase it through further exploration upgrade.More scribing upgrades including using all lumber cores to make trees rather then 2 pieces of furniture etc.Maybe even using lumber cores to make walls and roofs to create buildings or huts

How difficult can it be to just add small things to upgrade guilds.. i dont understand why they ignore it. Although people scream for it for years now.Updates to gh music. (LS and PoF)Qol updates of Fion.A real banker npc (altought we can use the scribing station) and TP.I still visit the gh when i need a bank or quick merchant.Marching npc's (maybe as guild deco? And let players create their path?)Guild mount skins.A use for aetherium.A favor merchant.More boosts like waypoint discount. (and also for pvp)At this point im happy with anything..