EU Server Status do a check please.

Duca di Ebonhawke.1045

@"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:Please can you check if your algorithms works fine ?How can be that Piken it is the unique Full server when it is very difficult even to cover a border and when even some players moved out ?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World

Piken's population is recorded as full because when someone logs on for a couple of hours at reset and then you don't see them until next Friday, they count as an active player.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Sciva.4865" said:

As far as I know the commanders who would fight all left the server. I know you guys think that your starcommanders are actual heroes, but you're just being delusional.Both the guilds and commanders, I remember dodging, are all still on Piken.But that's how your weird Piken mind always worked: The good commanders guild leave the server --> "Now all is going to be better since those toxic kitten are gone!"

So, for the love of god stop whiteknighting for your KISS, ODIN, CMON or whoever commander.

Why is it so hard to accept for some people that all the ways in which you can play WvW are actually ways in which WvW is actually played? I mean, yeah, sure it's annoying when enemy zergs dodge attempts to fight with them, but if the game mode taught them: You get slaughtered only anyway, why the hell should they not dodge?

I might have said this in the past already (like 10 times or more), if you actually want people to fight, you need to give the different zergs a chance of fighting each other. If you just steamroll / get steamrolled. the incentive isn't there. In order to actually bring people to fight, the mode would need a whole set of deep changes, which would even the odds, while still not taking away the feeling of reward.

Why do I dodge roamers and not welcome this new lance skill? Because it brings me into situations the game has taught me to avoid, because I can't win them. Why would I do content I cannot win? If it's that way for me as a single player, why would it be different to certain commanders / zergs? You do what's fun for you, you do what you like and what feels rewarding. And that's not a bad thing. It's simply how things are.

@Svarty.8019 said:

@"Duca di Ebonhawke.1045" said:Please can you check if your algorithms works fine ?How can be that Piken it is the unique Full server when it is very difficult even to cover a border and when even some players moved out ?

Piken's population is recorded as full because when someone logs on for a couple of hours at reset and then you don't see them until next Friday, they count as an active player.

Except it’s play hours....

@Camdal.6197 said:As another FOW player that's been linked with Piken these are my thoughts:

• Piken are obsessed with spies. That makes them reset TS server permissions ALL THE TIME, no one can be bothered to re-apply 15 times in a month and therefore stop using TS (and why not discord????)
  • A lot of Piken players stand on walls. Unclear why. But it does rack up play-hours.
  • We were repeatedly told it was useless to defend stuff because of spies
  • Map-calls for 'objective lost' came about the time the siegers put up their siege. Lost count of amount of times this happened.
  • Scouting was almost non-existant during prime-time
  • A certain guild would go into EB, stack that map, then rq when they failed (taking most everyone with them)
  • Builds... eh. I don't think they've ever heard of useful builds. We got laughed at when we started trying to have a discussion around this.
  • The PUGS won't do anything without a com, and not enough coms (they are also not willing to follow coms they do not know, apparently.

So, in conclusion; quantity and quality are two very different things, and having one does not automatically equal winning.

Sounds like a retirement home.

@Svarty.8019 said:

That happens in several servers both on eu and na actually if I recall is how Anet measures full from empty...

@Aeolus.3615 said:

That happens in several servers both on eu and na actually if I recall is how Anet measures full from empty...

Psst: play hours....

Please, we're with Jade Sea, a bigger server, they only speak French, build french squads, french raids, french guilds etc.Half my server has already let it down.For both of us it's handicapping; they need more people, but they are 80% of the players, obviously they'll communicate in their langage. This week 2 maps were outnumbered 24/7. Tzy8Vhj.jpg

Anet, why ?

@Jayden Reese.9542 said:

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Please, we're with Jade Sea, a bigger server, they only speak French, build french squads, french raids, french guilds etc.Half my server has already let it down.For both of us it's handicapping; they need more people, but they are 80% of the players, obviously they'll communicate in their langage. This week 2 maps were outnumbered 24/7.
Tzy8Vhj.jpg

Anet, why ?

This relink 5 weeks in. You in a tier and got crushed. Anet can't control if a good team tanks to drop a tier for an easy week. So you drop down and should do well. But I wouldn't do too well and win next week or you'll be back in the same situation. I mean my server went up 2 tiers only to realize we can't compete up there. That's the way it is. Someone finishes last every week. This time it's you

It's more than the Tier, we don't only drop tier because guilds just slack off the week or obviously the warring factions are way stronger and organised ; we drop tier because you connect to wvw, and all informations, all open squads, all chat, are in an other language ... "Make your squad" Yeah, we're 10 per map, we don't have same fame than their leaders, they don't necessarily speak english fluently because they don't need to, and they don't join local server to neither. It's not their fault; If I join a french server I don't expect people to mostly speak german, you see. You lose all will to play and organise.Do I have to learn spanish or german for the next linking ? Please answer now that I can arrange that.

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Please, we're with Jade Sea, a bigger server, they only speak French, build french squads, french raids, french guilds etc.Half my server has already let it down.For both of us it's handicapping; they need more people, but they are 80% of the players, obviously they'll communicate in their langage. This week 2 maps were outnumbered 24/7. Tzy8Vhj.jpg

Anet, why ?Well, make your own squads. Create one huge community guild so you can communicate outside team. Organize your own link.

Failing all of that... Transfer to another server or endure. It doesnt matter which you pick.

This is literally alliances, with the training wheels off. Now imagine when you are on a world that got large groups of Spanish, German and French.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Zhaid Zhem.6508" said:Please, we're with Jade Sea, a bigger server, they only speak French, build french squads, french raids, french guilds etc.Half my server has already let it down.For both of us it's handicapping; they need more people, but they are 80% of the players, obviously they'll communicate in their langage. This week 2 maps were outnumbered 24/7.
Tzy8Vhj.jpg

Anet, why ?Well, make your own squads. Create one huge community guild so you can communicate outside team. Organize your own link.

Failing all of that... Transfer to another server or endure. It doesnt matter which you pick.

This is literally alliances, with the training wheels off. Now imagine when you are on a world that got large groups of Spanish, German
and
French.

Yeah already in, a EU server, not a Local server.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Yahh riiight play hours.... reason most matches since game release and after the big exodus, it’s play vs empty server or play vs full stacked blobs, mostly matches if not all are just one one sided matches...At least me exp on NA when one server is active others don’t participate, sometimes NA matches feel like Eotm....

Tdlr, links are not helping much, small server will still receive smaller server while they are seated to fight blob server that receives a decent pop server as link as well.

Nsp Its usually stated as full, and most time server is quite empty getting ktraind

@Aeolus.3615 said:

Yahh riiight play hours.... reason most matches since game release and after the big exodus, it’s play vs empty server or play vs full stacked blobs, mostly matches if not all are jus one one sided matches...or end being a fight with server having large groups but only fighting in other server empty time zone.

Not saying they aren’t one sided.

But look around... Do you really think there are truly ‘full’ or ‘very high’ servers today that would meet that same threshold even a year ago?

There is one ‘full’ server on NA. There are going to be no fewer that 4 hosts that are ‘medium’ level with ‘medium’ level links.

It’s still based on play hours. But when four ‘hosts’ are medium.... that could easily mean those servers and their links are effectively empty.