New Pet Swap Requirements Should Mean New Trait ICDs!!

Eurantien.4632

Clarion Bond, Zephyr's Speed, maybe some other's I am missing? Should have their Cooldowns lowered to 10s to be more consistent with merging with Soulbeast. Right now it feels inconsistent - and totally confusing for the casual players - (gotta get those balance buzzwords in there!) that they're on 15s cds and sometimes proc and sometimes don't when you merge/unmerge - depending on how you want the timing.

@bigo.9037 said:Well, you can easily just count 5 extra seconds in your head after unmerging and 15s after merging.

Just like how you can easily use a stopwatch to track Shared Anguish and similar traits' cooldown so you don't unnecesarily pop stab prematurely.

This is not helpful.

This thread is asking for a QoL change, one that makes sense with the recent changes to soulbeast's mechanics. If nothing else, some kind of visual cue for the cooldown would be more than welcome.

@JorneMormel.9850 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:Well, you can easily just count 5 extra seconds in your head after unmerging and 15s after merging.

Just like how you can easily use a stopwatch to track Shared Anguish and similar traits' cooldown so you don't unnecesarily pop stab prematurely.

This is not helpful.

This thread is asking for a QoL change, one that makes sense with the recent changes to soulbeast's mechanics. If nothing else, some kind of visual cue for the cooldown would be more than welcome.

Lowering passive CD isn't "QoL", it's a buff, so maybe call it for what it is.And as such I disagree with OP, I don't think that buff is needed.

• Confused 1

Having multiple cooldown timers run in your head is no longer uncommon. I used to have an analog clock running beside the monitor to keep track of someone else's steal or people's elites/traits. Now it's natural. One way to mechanically prevent wasted trait procs is by disciplining yourself by not merging/unmerging as soon as its available; adding movements like sidestepping or blow rarely used skills.

It would be nice having little icons indicating when those particular traits were available to use, though I suppose that would give away part of your build to the enemy. Alternatively, adjusting the duration of the benefits to match the lowered cooldown would be an option.That said, its not that big of a deal for me. As other people suggested, you're only waiting an extra few seconds over the 10s merge cooldown to proc the trait once more so just wait a few seconds.

~ Kovu