Is Renegade the most poorly designed elite spec in this game?

Skyroar.2974

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think this is a symptom of the fact that the core revenant is the most sloppily designed of all the game's classes. This sucks even worse because of how great the theme/flavor are.

1. Utility skill swapping doesn't make a lot of sense when each set serves a highly specialized purpose and the game's overall design doesn't handle versatility well. This is why they had to retroactively add weapon swapping when they originally weren't going to, and that didn't even really fix the problem as the weapons are also pretty specialized.

2. The overall # of skills they have access to feels low and their gameplay feels railroaded by this in conjunction with #1

3. They don't even have a profession attribute, which makes them feel incomplete (I actually think the profession attributes are underused across the game and should be emphasized a little more as viable strategic options.)

There are about 10 different ways to give them a much better design. IMO, they should have a core set of elites that should be selectable (something like 10-15) and channeling a legend would overwrite their existing slot skills with more powerful versions of the existing legend skills, and using them would drain the channeling meter. They would then have to stop channeling to recharge and re-enter their legend stance.

I would probably give them the core elite skills and access to two sets of legend skills ( as they have today) and remove their weapon swap.