Rush range

bethekey.8314

@bethekey.8314 said:Weakest class? Nerfed? What are you even on about?How is there supposed to be any sort of discussion and mutual understanding when you respond like this?

He has a point when it comes to berserker in particular. I can see this:

The vast majority of warrior builds I've faced have been GS + dagger/shield.

being frustrating though. thats two leaps, an evade, a solid movement skill plus bulls charge if they go for it, and they will.

Update the tooltip to show 1500 range if it's such a game breaking issue.

What he says stands though. Even if tooltip was 1500 range it doesn't make the flowchart for dealing with war any different, and I'm against nerfing it since most of their hard counters are characters that can get well out of range of that with proper planning. Spellbreaker already trades a good portion of their damage now that the damage bugs are addressed, and their meta build is a node bunker.

Even in your video, you had the resources to deal with the rush, you just didn't expect to have to deal with it.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:What he says stands though. Even if tooltip was 1500 range it doesn't make the flowchart for dealing with war any different, and I'm against nerfing it since most of their hard counters are characters that can get well out of range of that with proper planning. Spellbreaker already trades a good portion of their damage now that the damage bugs are addressed, and their meta build is a node bunker.

Even in your video, you had the resources to deal with the rush, you just didn't expect to have to deal with it.

I take issue with you and Cute calling skill fixes nerfs. If a skill is behaving abnormally in your favor, consider it a gift. Don't become greedy and attached to it.

I also take issue with how you are justifying outlier skills. For example, I don't believe ANY single ability should be able to kill someone in, say, 2 seconds. Even if the class using it is the weakest, most pathetic thing. That game design is terrible.

You're right, I did have the resources to deal with Rush and did not expect to have to deal with it due to misleading range descriptions/poor hit animations/lag etc. Dodges are precious resources that you should save if you can.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Raffrey.5271" said:Leap of Faith heals
only if
it hits your target(s). Both Swoop and Leap of Faith can only be used as a gap closer, you can't really expect them to hit, unless you use them point-blank, whereas Rush actually run a long way and deal damage to your foe.

Are yu actually serious?So yu mean Rush doesn't actually have to hit to deal damage?

And since when can Swoop and Leap of Faith only be used as gap closers?Am I blind when I see Rangers and Guardians with greatswords using these skills to cover ground and as mobility tools?

OH HAHAH WOW.

By yur logic :Leap of Faith and Swoop needs to be target only, because it can be used even without a target despite being a Gapcloser (according to yu)

Also an additional tidbit : if Rush is cast without a target locked on, it loses its "seeking" property and doesn't even do the Damage swing at the end. Crazy. I know.

I dunno what kinda tools warrs have for CC i heard stun but a ranger has no place complaining about that when they have amazing cc tools.

@Shao.7236 said:As long as it's not bugged depending on movement speed, it can't really be an issue. Clearly Rush not just one skill but two depending if the target is reached or not hence why it's not comparable to Swoop or Leap of Faith in practice. Best they can do is fix the tool tip with the proper info about it so that's it's better understood, such as;

Damage: 686 (1.7)Attack Range: 300Range:1200

They've done something similar with Deathstrike which is mostly how Warrior Rush feels like anyway, a sequence.

@Yasai.3549 People actually retarget with Rush, so nah. It's seeking property is never really lost.

Remember when cripple and chill countered gap closing skills that were not blinks or shadow steps.....Gone are those days of simply being able to cripple someone to reduce their effectiveness in chasing you with skills like that ;)Not gonna say rush should be nerfed but i just wanted to point out at one point there were things you could do to help in getting away from skills like that.

In truth i take rush as one of those skills you have to plan to eat, block, or dodge. Its just that good of a skill mechanically it rarely fails to reach the target if its in range and tracks extremely well.Last thing I want to see anet do is take a decent skill and break it mechanically trying to mess with it tbh. The better option would be to give warriors better options by making their other weapons less clunkycough rifle (screaming)Cough hammerCOUGH off hand mace (skill 5 particularly)

Right now i dont see almost every power based warrior build not including a GS in it because there really is not much else to use that does not feel oddly clunk.GS go BRRRRRRRRRR

Warrios GS 5 used to be totally unreliable, then they changed the code so now Rush is a homing missile. Couple that with the changes to chill/cripple no longer effecting mobility skills, and it gets really annoying. However it's not an easy fix, we reported this exact problem back in 2013/14, so this is nothing new. They are not bothering to fix problems which aren't completely game breaking so thats nothing new either... we reported a bunch of dungeon exploits back than which are still in the game. They "fixed" thsoe by making dungeons irrelevant... so careful with the complaints, they might "fix" greatsword warrior the same way.

@bethekey.8314 said:I take issue with you and Cute calling skill fixes nerfs. If a skill is behaving abnormally in your favor, consider it a gift. Don't become greedy and attached to it.

If your proposed skill fix reduces the current functionality of a skill, it's a nerf and should be treated as such. The bug fix that curbed spellbreakers damage, for instance, was a nerf, but it was needed since they were hitting for much higher than was reasonable for the builds they could take. This ain't that though.

I'm attached to rush as it is because:

• Anet has a habit of having poor judgement when they make mechanical adjustments.
  • Rush has had multiple issues impacting its performance over the years and was normalized to address those issues at some point with a chill/quickness adjustment.
  • -I don't think it's broken or overperforming, even in a vacuum.- Call me touchy if you want, I kind of am considering how often warriors get bullied mechanically by things that can hang outside of their strike range.

If you want to make the case that it hits you farther than it claims to be able to reach, fine; I concede that.I'm not going to just roll over and agree that the skill deserves anything more than a tooltip / wiki adjustment because of hitting you where it did unless there is substantial proof that said behavior is overpowered / leads to warrior being overpowered on a build that leverages it, though.

I also take issue with how you are justifying outlier skills. For example, I don't believe ANY single ability should be able to kill someone in, say, 2 seconds. Even if the class using it is the weakest, most pathetic thing. That game design is terrible.

Are we talking about rush or in general? Is rush an outlier skill in terms of damage?

In both cases:

Rush does too much damage-That one crit you for 5k, which is reasonable considering the circumstances for the skill. power build strikes like maul, Deathstrike, glacial blow and DJ tend to hit you for that much or more. I don't agree that its damage is worthy of shaving.you didn't even die from it

skills shouldnt kill you in 2 seconds-That depends for me. There are several situations where a skill can be charging visibly for 2+ seconds, then have a very short activation time and definitely should kill you if it hits. Gun flame, the repercussions of hugging a berserker fresh into zerker mode, executioners scythe, prime light beam (not from stealth), etc, should do obscene amounts of damage to people who facetank them,. I understand your principle but I believe exceptions apply for difficult to land or easy to interrupt hits.

You're right, I did have the resources to deal with Rush and did not expect to have to deal with it due to misleading range descriptions/poor hit animations/lag etc. Dodges are precious resources that you should save if you can.

Rush won't magically move war up a tier if it has a little extra data saying the activation range is such and such, I think that is super, super low priority though. The tooltip not having that information has been listed as an anomaly in the Gw2 wiki for as long as I can remember. Nobody's cared to time it and document the information either.

I think its accurate so long as the warrior doesn't have a target just barely outside that 1200 range.If someone is just barely out of range and I GS 5 them, sometimes i'll get a random little speed boost at the end of rush and go further than I probably should have.

I'd much rather the lag-o-port rushes get fixed where the warrior just teleports mid-rush and suddenly the other person just takes random damage.And also the reliability too. Terrain can just mess up the skill completely and that's if it decides to hit what you're targeting. It doesn't always.