[Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 15 March 2022) [Merged]

@"medivh.4725" said:

1. Pls have training bots in Guild hallI assume you asked for PvE kind of 'Training Golem'? Hmmm, I think it could be doable but... does it is really necessary? Raid Lobby and Fractals Instance have them already. I see some issues with implementations (and DPS tracking and so on), so duh, no idea.

2. Pls have Megaserver information on Guilds, as it is essential for players to know where they reside before joining a Guild. (NA/EU/OC)This could be really nice and useful (added to list on Trello board). At least it should show region (EU / NA) where account is currently active. I think they will not update informations about servers people are playing, since probably it will be removed when Alliances will be relased.

3. More exclusive outfits to the Guild hall.I don't know what you mean by outfits. Guild Halls in general as locations? Yeah, I'd love to see more various Guild Halls.

4. Why is Guild weaponary missing Great sword and Single handed sword??If you mean Guild Weapons https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_weapon_skins I agree they should add missing ones. Also added it on Trello board.

• 1 month later...

Hello, updated trello board with new ideas! :)

OTHERS tab:1GWKWO3.png

NOTARY tab:YbaAZ0O.png

Link to Trello board with Guild & Guild Hall changes/reworks/features™:https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates

Link to Trello board with ideas for Guild Achievements (Work in Progress!):https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Recent changes in project:

• Added third trello board to separate stuff and clean up visualisation: Decoration suggestions:QXomnwc.png
  • Added idea for related decoration reward for incoming expansion.
  • Reworked [G]uild panel first tab:SzK32Rs.png

Link to Trello board with Guild & Guild Hall changes/reworks/features™:https://trello.com/b/PUKUbeIY/guild-hall-further-upgrades-guild-updates

Link to Trello board with ideas for Guild Achievements:https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress

Link to Trello board with ideas for Decorations:https://trello.com/b/LLXfaWsp/guild-decorations-suggestions

Interesting suggestions, both small features that expand on existing mechanics, with good monetization, and new features.Even adding just a few of the smaller changes, like more guild tabs and UI improvements like clearer tooltips and a reworked/re-arranged guild tab as shown above, would be highly appreciated. As mentioned earlier, they seem like changes that mostly build on "legacy code", so I'm hoping some of this will get through to anet.As for new feature suggestions, the monthly guild achievements in particular would be a great addition, giving guilds collectively something to work towards every month.

A lot of effort is put into these suggestions, and there's lots of good stuff here. I'm hoping this post gets some more attention.

Hello,

Recent changes in project (Guild Hall board):

• New category with suggested Guild Missions:CXOjhb5.png
  • Created prototype of UI for Guild Racing Tracks (Gliding + Mounts):bVGqr0Z.png
  • Created concept art for for banners starting Racing Track:LEnYSUJ.png

Link to Trello board with ideas for Guild Achievements:https://trello.com/b/47fFm1do/guild-achievements-work-in-progress

Link to Trello board with ideas for Decorations:https://trello.com/b/LLXfaWsp/guild-decorations-suggestions

i would love to see a guild vs guild mode in which you can capture the gh of other guilds... it should not influenz the ability to use the gh but instead have a ranking system with rewards. the defense of the gh should be done by upgradeable npcs and mechanisms like some kind of tower defense

@"Hades.8419" said:i would love to see a guild vs guild mode in which you can capture the gh of other guilds... it should not influenz the ability to use the gh but instead have a ranking system with rewards. the defense of the gh should be done by upgradeable npcs and mechanisms like some kind of tower defense

I have slightly other idea approach for it (This link, then scroll down column to "Guild Hall Open Battleground") - to make possible "enable WvW mode" in Guild Halls. You could decorate GH with few "Fortresses/Bastions" etc. (tho probably still using normal decorations, which would be indestructible). Guild Hall should have enough space for 15v15v15 fights (or maybe even zerg fights? I am not sure about player's limit on GH maps).

Reason is, it would be way simplier to implement such feature. Your idea actually would require way more coding and testing stuff. I mean, "wvw" obstacles or defense structures like walls etc. would be cool, but it could lead to spaghetti development and probably issues for QA testing feature.

About leaderboards/ranking system, I think it would be also a weird code to handle. I think better solution would be to have just 'internal' GH counters on UI like:

• Current team (Red/Green/Blue) score
  • Killed players
  • Points controlled by teams
  • Timer (so you can set "X" minutes skirmish - for example 15 minutes, then all counters are stop after this time)

So people would be able to self-set rules (for example, captured point gives you +1 score each second or something, two captured +2, killed player gives +3 points, finished +5 etc.). Of course there would be an also NPC or UI option to reset them. About rewards, like above, it would be hard to develop I think.

Possible gamemodes for it (Red vs Blue (+ vs Green, optionally) 15/10/5 players per team):

• Conquest (capture points / kill players, team who scores 1000/1500/2000 points first wins, or timer terminates the game, players can spawn on set spawnpoints over map).
  • Team Deathmatch (kill enemy players, if you die you need to wait to end of skirmish, last remaining team wins, or timer terminates the game)

About tower defense mode / upgradeable NPCs mercenaries: again, issues with coding. It would actually require navigation mesh for units, and ensure there would be at least one path which is accessible for them to reach destination (remember decorations can be obstacles too!). Tl;dr, it would be -pain- to redraw and calculate navigation mesh each time you update decorations in Guild Hall.

Thanks for feedback, I will try invent something with it and I'll credit you on trello board for suggestion with capture mode. :)

Yes the handful of missing Guild weapons.Some weapon collection are merely a colour scheme overlay with no design work put into them. Suggest to redo and get in designers to give them a look at. For instance the 'Dark Asuran' weapon sets are merely blue flip red. 'Golden Wing' weapon set are silver flipped to gold.
1 suggestion is to instead of flipping colors, you can strip the effects the weapon it will still look as cool and desirable. Weapon with heavy effects or too colorful visuals are quite boring. Please instead inject a creativity: exploring materials, art concepts, weapons that look like usable, practical, hard hitting weapons.

@medivh.4725 said:Yes the handful of missing Guild weapons.Some weapon collection are merely a colour scheme overlay with no design work put into them. Suggest to redo and get in designers to give them a look at. For instance the 'Dark Asuran' weapon sets are merely blue flip red. 'Golden Wing' weapon set are silver flipped to gold.

1 suggestion is to instead of flipping colors, you can strip the effects the weapon it will still look as cool and desirable. Sometime a weapon with too heavy effects or colorful visuals are not most ideal.

Windswept Haven kinda misses his own Guild Weapon Set. So could be desert themed. Atm a bit too busy so cannot sketch whole set of weapons. :P

@Garfried.7295 said:That beetle/griffon race idea is really something i would love to see in game. Being able to host time trial competitions for our beetle racing guild would be so amazing!That was kinda idea & purpose, so people could be able to make a time tracking how fast they are. Still need to think about Leaderboards UI (todo on my list).

@medivh.4725 said:Training area for bots and AOE attack? Can you do a area for heals training? What about a weapon preview room like the one in Lion's ArchTraining area could be manageable, question is if it's really needed? We kinda have Special Forces Arena in Lion's Arch Aerodrome. Miiiight add it, not sure.Weapon preview room probably would be hard to code and I don't see much usage of it.

And here I bring new UI mockups and description of feature:

• Guild Hall Battleground Mode (Guild & Guild Changes trello board -> War Room column)
  • Example view from player's side:Db5M5w3.png
  • Conquest Mode Settings:N2ONK12.png
  • Team Deathmatch Mode Settings:DNmpfp3.png
  • Monetized it with additional slots for 'Mode Templates' - so you can quickly prepare specific game mode settings ready with 2 clicks once template is created.

• 1 month later...

Hello!

More updates to topic:

Trello Boards:

• Added Voting and Comments options (requires Trello account)
  • Visualised links to trello boards:
  • aCD9l7U.png

Guild Hall - Others:

• Counter how many Decorations has been placed in Guild Hall. -> LINK
  • Option in settings, allowing you to set "Guild Hall Decorations Limit" for guild decorations. -> LINK
  • Token Decorations should be buyable in selectable quantities. -> LINK

Guild Hall - Tavern:

Guild Hall - Market:

• Added Mystic Forge idea + NPC -> LINK
  • P7qPhvS.png

Guild Hall - Notary:

I appreciate your hard work. Hope there are devs loving guild halls that are reading those. About the races decos contracts it is a cool idea but I would prefer like chef 500, having a kind of quest / learning how to craft those racial decos by speaking to npcs around. Like it can be a guild effort of bringing mats together to upgrade scribe station to 500, and then unlocking by yourself the recipes through steps.

@"hugo.4705" said:I appreciate your hard work. Hope there are devs loving guild halls that are reading those.Thanks! And about devs, I don't think so. Because they would at least once reply in this topic with something like "Makarow, please stop updating it, we won't implement it anyway! You waste your, our and reader's time." or "Nice ideas, we might use some, thanks! < Archives topics anyway > " :P

About the races decos contracts it is a cool idea but I would prefer like chef 500, having a kind of quest / learning how to craft those racial decos by speaking to npcs around. Like it can be a guild effort of bringing mats together to upgrade scribe station to 500, and then unlocking by yourself the recipes through steps.

I would bind them to Achievements - since they would be flexible for requirements creations. It may be like Steel's Warband steps, when you were unlocking Legion weapons. Or achievement can be a mini stories chain quest, require some map explorations - so many possibilities. Once you finish Achievement, it appears available in Merchant's inventory.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

New stuff on Trello boards arrived!

TAVERN UPGRADES:

1. Slight rework of Guild Enhancement Boons from Tavern Bartender NPC
  2. New Guild Hall Music: M.O.X. Classic Playlist
  3. Updated Guild Hall Music and Anthems upgrade cards with links and  samples to listen (Spotify/Soundcloud/Youtube)

NOTARY UPGRADES:

1. New Guild World Event Boost 
  2. New Rental Contract: Skiffs (EoD Feature)
  3. New Rental Contract: Siege Turtles (EoD Feature)

ARENA UPGRADES:

1. New Brawling Interactable: Boon Hologram Spawner for Arena

DECORATION SUGGESTIONS (check Guild Decorations Suggestions link):

1. Festival Decorations list got split to each festival section.
  2. New Architecture Decorations: Ascalonian Ruins [Wall Segment, Watch Tower]
  3. New Plants Decorations: Garden Planters, Bioluminescent [Mushrooms, Plants]
  4. New Statuary Decorations: Sunspear Kormir Statue
  5. New Festival Decorations:
    1. Lunar New Year: Great Lunar Arch
    2. Super Adventure Box: Super [Bookshelf, Table, Chair, Picnic Blanket, Candle, Cart, Carpet, Flag, Fountain] and more
    3. Dragon Bash: Dragon Effigy, Metal Dragon [Head, Body and Tail Part], Tequatl Lamp
    4. Festival of Four Winds: Buffet Table, Changing Tent, Aspect Platforms [Lighting, Sun, Wind], Zephyr [Dragon Banner, Kite Basket, Paper Boats, Windmill] and more
    5. Shadow of the Mad King: Bundle of Candy Corn, Halloween [Platform, Stage], Ghostly [Ship, Torch]
    6. Wintersday: Candy Cane Fence, Quaggan Plushie, Gingerbread Figure, Wintersday Snowman, Ice Castle (Gifted Section)

LINKS TO TRELLO BOARDS:

1. Guild Hall Upgrades Suggestions
  2. Guild Achievements Suggestions
  3. Guild Decorations Suggestions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Makarow.3028 changed the title to [Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 06 September 2021)
8 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

Excuse me ?! Watch your language, reported.  I have right to give my opinion without being insulted.

On the contrary, since we don't have racial decorations, occupying those can be fun, more environments equal more possibilities. If something is done to the guild halls after all those years....

What insult? What I wrote means your comment is a good idea that should be implemented. Did you not understand the expression? A "no brainer" simply means that the idea is obviously good so no further thought is required. It is not an insult at all. I wrote that because I agree with you and think others should as well.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Frankly, good job. Very impressive all the work you put into this. And hope Anet changes their mind about guilds and proove they haven't forgotten this content for eternity. Very nicely presented, organized. 

Still trying to show to devs, Guilds actually could profit game experience better:

1. Players can make custom fanmade stuff in Guild Hall - endless replayability which can keep them occupied between Season Episodes / Expansions:
    1. Racing Tracks - for gliders or mounts - Rental NPCs can show free account players how cool they are fully upgraded, so they may consider buying expansions to have access to them everywhere.
    2. Custom WvW-like mode so WvW maps would be more used for their original purpose (dueling pits on map still could be accessible and playable! it would just give players opportunity to make custom rules in Guild Hall with no progression in WvW ranks etc. for fun, so it wouldn't kill WvW).
    3. More customization to Guild Arena (new turrets, boon spawners, enabling SPvP mode for gear  etc.)

It could help the game economy:

1. Non-invasive optional monetization - additional Guild Slots, additional Guild Bank TabsGuild Name Change Contract and more.
  2. Upgrades could sink some materials from market and mill unused crap items with no value (Skritt Trader for example). Since some people convert gems to gold, it would also profit company income to fund other projects.
  3. Guild Achievements would bring players back to replay old content (like we currently replay living world) - again it would keep them busy with content and they could get some materials by doing activities to either spend them on guild upgrades or to craft more items for themselves (again, gold and currency sink).

14 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

On the contrary, since we don't have racial decorations, occupying those can be fun, more environments equal more possibilities. If something is done to the guild halls after all those years....

I still hope we gonna get huge racial decorations update... ANet, Ash Legion Tents and Olmakhan Huts, when?! 😛

14 hours ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Well here is my hope something will be done about guild hall features or any features regarding guilds in EoD. 

PoF was a HUGE dissapointment with guild features. 

I think we can assume that if they wont do anything with EoD. They really abbandoned the content. 

I mean, with Alliances, Guilds DEFINITELY need some changes. For sure, member permissions management and guild log needs to be improved. Seeing detailed descriptions on stored ascended feasts would be cool too, not gonna lie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

What insult? What I wrote means your comment is a good idea that should be implemented. Did you not understand the expression? A "no brainer" simply means that the idea is obviously good so no further thought is required. It is not an insult at all. I wrote that because I agree with you and think others should as well.

Then, I owe you an excuse. English is not my mother tongue, so when I read no brainer I interpreted it as "a person without brain" well, sorry. This is just a mechanism of association, like farmer is farm-er someone who works in farm, I just did a similar brain gymnastic with the no brainer.

Edited by hugo.4705
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hugo.4705 said:

Then, I owe you an excuse. English is not my mother tongue, so when I read no brainer I interpreted it as "a person without brain" well, sorry. This is just a mechanism of association, like farmer is farm-er someone who works in farm, I just did a similar brain gymnastic with the no brainer.

All good. I just wanted to make sure you knew I liked your idea 🙂

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

I think, there is no need for developpers to think they need to release ze big guild update in one block. 

Of course, I don't expect my ideas to be done in single release. Small chunks released over time would be perfectly fine.

42 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

This game has so many contents that could be countinued progressively, bit by bit instead of a big yearly update:

1-LS1 big events return to complete the marionette: breachmaker, battle of la, the pursuit after scarlet in the queen gauntlet/opening ceremony and the murder of the captain by mai trin during first dragon bash.

I think they realized it with latest Champions updates, but not sure how it would affect future releases. We all know devs were moved from IBS to End of Dragons, so surely it affected quality of content. If it would affect future releases too, I prefer to wait 3-4 months for more bundled content with quality.

46 minutes ago, hugo.4705 said:

2-Super adventure Box. Really there is no need for Anet to think "we should release a whole world during a yearly update", this content has been rotting without any new zones since 2014. If one zone was developped per year instead of the current nothing, SAB would have been finished in 2020. We are now paying the fact they didn't followed that method with nothing new, apart a cool lord vanquish weapon set but that don't have any collection linked to it. Could have been a collection awarding a dark red/black vanquish bauble infusion.

Like above, tho SAB could be easily sliced to zone production since World 2 ones are loosely connected. But hey, it's guild topic.😉

3-Guild content. None since 2014. Really, what it is with 2014? It is the year where all main additions/form of funs got abandonned or? Again with just a very slow developping rate of adding one or two things per year and the guilds today would have way more contents. I don't understand that with HoT and PoF, no bounty or treks have been added: it is not like those requires ton of work!! One is talking to an npc with a target over the head and the other one is clicking on a gold mark on the floors. So, add at least one of each per hot/pof map Anet, please.

Well, Alliances will be big thingy for WvW and Guilds (since it will be linked via Guilds). Guilds in current state doesn't seems fully prepared for it (until ANet is going to surprise us with unannounced content for them, but I doubt). I already gave some examples for new PvE Missions, you can find them on trello boards. 🙂 The biggest issue I see is you either get random missions from all categories or specialized ones. This should be gone long time ago. Just limit people with let's say max 15 commendations per week and allow them to do which missions they want to. We already have Favor cap, so it's fine.

Sure there is the how much work something require, or how many workers the idea needs, or how much time of work on it it needs. But I don't get why Anet never thought of the following thing for anything they are developping: Require too many persons? Not on priority? Long time lost whereas something else would have been better? The solution? You assign just 1/2/3 persons on it, will take longer, but will be done and will not withdraw ressources and capacity to make bigger project. A person working on new guild missions/treks/bounty is better than 0.

Biggest issue is to connect code of feature with existing code in game. I tried where it was possibly, to use "old ideas" again, so new content shouldn't require much working around with code - it should be somewhere implemented in game already so at best  it would require just slight tweakings. Remember ANet have reduced staff and full working on expansion right now. So human resources are limited, but I still believe Guild upgrade with new content and right monetized would fund new projects and keep playerbase busy between releases of expansions and living world episodes.

I mean I don't get why they created so many contents to forgot about them: SAB, Dungeons, Guild, LS1... it they were added, it is because the original creators saw value in them, why letting them rotting?

I want Anet employee groups to stand up and tell us, publicaly on the forums "We are the guild team" "We are the fractal team" "We are SAB team" instead of the current incoherent blob we have not knowing who is working on what.

I get it. Well, each player can find their own niche, at least for a while. Or they used it to test playerbase on production, what is played or not. Surely original creators had vision for them, but either it not worked or had funding cuts, I assume. And I agree, specialized teams are way better, but with mentioned reduced human resources in company it's hard to assign people to specialized teams.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hello again!

Since we're so close to release of End of Dragons, updated my trello boards with suggestions for Guild and Guild Hall ideas. Below listed new and changed stuff. Previous ideas about EoD upgrades you can find here few posts ealier. Links to Trello boards you can find on the end of this post.

GUILD HALL UPGRADES:
NOTARY:

WAR ROOM:

MISCS UPDATES:

GUILD HALL DECORATIONS:

ARCHITECTURE

FURNITURE:

PLANTS:

FESTIVALS:

OTHER DECORATIONS:

LINKS TO TRELLO BOARDS WITH ALL IDEAS:

Edited by Makarow.3028
  • Like 1

• Makarow.3028 changed the title to [Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 01 February 2022)

I suggested this a long time ago in a thread about guild halls but what I'd like to see is a guild light switch. Settings of: Cycle, Day, Night so the guild leaders could set the light level of a guild hall to what they desired.  With all the torch/flame/light decorations the guild halls have access to, they look (imo) so much better when the guild hall is viewed at night.  I for one would love to have the ability to set the lighting to night without the daily cycle.  

Other suggestions:

- Having a toggle to have decorations/guild siege processed automatically.  I realize that it's a way to control access to them since only those with permissions can process them so until they're processed they can't be used but for those who would like, it would be nice to have a toggle to set it to automatically process anything put in the queue.

- Increase storage of guild banquets and any other limited items such as world events. I still have one of these items in my processing queue from early scribe leveling that can't be processed until they're used as it only stores 25.

- In house keg brawl pitch.  I happen to love the keg brawl activity and would love it if a guild could host they're own keg brawl practices/tournaments, etc.  With the activity only available 1 day a week it would be hard to organize such thing in the actual pitch in Hoelbrak/Lion's Arch as you couldn't guarantee teams, etc.  Since there are achievements related to this activity you would need to make it so anything done in the guild hall would not be added to the various achievements.  Separate scoreboard for the guild to keep track of stats for a season, etc. would be nice but I realize that may be "extra" programming.  Having the guild arena be able to be used for this would be nice as all we'd have to do is stretch the arena from a circle into an oval as all the team interfaces are there already and would allow other guild members to watch the match, etc.  This could be done for any of the other activities with the same caveat about achievements though the one I would use the most would be keg brawl as it's a "team" sport.

- Clean up the various items on the ground that impede movement.  There are a number of trees/branches (especially in the Lost Precipice guild hall) that are just sticking out of the floor that impede movement.  We've conquered the guild hall but no one can take an axe and cut these things away?  Kind of silly.

- SAB style guild hall.  We have the decorations that can be crafted but they look out of place in our current guild halls.  For those that love SAB it would be nice to have a guild hall themed to the SAB artwork.

Sorry if some of these suggestions are part of the list as I only reviewed the initial post and didn't go the external site.  

As far as the suggestions offered, I really like most of the ideas and wouldn't mind the others.  I would especially love the ability to increase my accts guild slots via gold or gems (400 or 600 gems each as a suggestion) (or free) to use up the missing g6-g0.