[Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 15 March 2022) [Merged]

On 2/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, Bunter.3795 said:

I suggested this a long time ago in a thread about guild halls but what I'd like to see is a guild light switch. Settings of: Cycle, Day, Night so the guild leaders could set the light level of a guild hall to what they desired.  With all the torch/flame/light decorations the guild halls have access to, they look (imo) so much better when the guild hall is viewed at night.  I for one would love to have the ability to set the lighting to night without the daily cycle.  

Oh, that's interesting idea. I see a lot of potential for Roleplayers in it and people who want to do perfect screenshots. If you don't mind, I'll add it to Trello board and credit you for suggestion. 🙂

Other suggestions:

- Having a toggle to have decorations/guild siege processed automatically.  I realize that it's a way to control access to them since only those with permissions can process them so until they're processed they can't be used but for those who would like, it would be nice to have a toggle to set it to automatically process anything put in the queue.

Assembly queue is nightmare sometimes. To Craft Golden King Toad deco from SAB you need to spend... 1,5h. They definitely should rework it or just remove queue for decorations.

- Increase storage of guild banquets and any other limited items such as world events. I still have one of these items in my processing queue from early scribe leveling that can't be processed until they're used as it only stores 25.

Already suggested it on Trello boards. Also allowing to upgrade lesser banners to Guild Heroes Banner would be cool.

- In house keg brawl pitch.  I happen to love the keg brawl activity and would love it if a guild could host they're own keg brawl practices/tournaments, etc.  With the activity only available 1 day a week it would be hard to organize such thing in the actual pitch in Hoelbrak/Lion's Arch as you couldn't guarantee teams, etc.  Since there are achievements related to this activity you would need to make it so anything done in the guild hall would not be added to the various achievements.  Separate scoreboard for the guild to keep track of stats for a season, etc. would be nice but I realize that may be "extra" programming.  Having the guild arena be able to be used for this would be nice as all we'd have to do is stretch the arena from a circle into an oval as all the team interfaces are there already and would allow other guild members to watch the match, etc.  This could be done for any of the other activities with the same caveat about achievements though the one I would use the most would be keg brawl as it's a "team" sport.

Technically it could be possible to make, but as you mentioned extra programming. And since "Activities" mini-games doesn't provide much rewards, they probably would be cannibalized by this.

- Clean up the various items on the ground that impede movement.  There are a number of trees/branches (especially in the Lost Precipice guild hall) that are just sticking out of the floor that impede movement.  We've conquered the guild hall but no one can take an axe and cut these things away?  Kind of silly.

Here would be issue with "premade" asset of Guild Hall objects, making them separate objects and modifable would probably affect game performance.

- SAB style guild hall.  We have the decorations that can be crafted but they look out of place in our current guild halls.  For those that love SAB it would be nice to have a guild hall themed to the SAB artwork.

Would be nice but I doubt they will add it, since we have SAB decorations. Instead, would be nice if you'd have access to unlock with upgrades "SAB" machine replica - where you could build on separate map stylized like SAB own levels from SAB decorations only (which are still unlocked in Decorations deposit).

As far as the suggestions offered, I really like most of the ideas and wouldn't mind the others.  I would especially love the ability to increase my accts guild slots via gold or gems (400 or 600 gems each as a suggestion) (or free) to use up the missing g6-g0. 

It's also suggested on Trello boards here. 🙂

• Makarow.3028 changed the title to [Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 15 March 2022)

• 5 months later...

With the coming influx of steam players now its the perfect time to update guild halls give them some new levels and features, crafting workstations other then scribe would be much desired by me and my guild members, i realize that this is the selling point of the premium passes as the fractal key pass but it would be really nice if guilds could do this. give a purpose to guild halls. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

Honestly I think its a good suggestion. Im not sure the devs have time to redo halls right now, if they arent already working on it though. That said, Im all for improvements to the halls to make them more usefull/used.

Additionally/Alternatively I have been thinking about and considering suggesting that the Guild Mission Rewards got a revamp because it could be done in a way that seems like it would take minimal dev time. If Mission rewards got improved to the point they helped new players progress and/or gave vets a little more useful rewards I think halls could feel more useful at least as a guild gathering place again.

Random Guild Mission reward ideas:

- Stat Selectable Exotic Armor/Weapon Chests for commendations. The game really makes it hard for players starting out to get the stats they need without farming a few specific maps, jumping into pvp/wvw, etc. At the same time, it seems like exotic level wouldnt be game breaking and would just offer a progressional option to help people prepare for things like raids, strikes, fractals, wvw.

-Either lower the price for banners or improve how banners function because at present if you change toons, relog, leave an instance and other things they often despawn before they otherwise would. Once upon a time they lasted much longer, but could stay forever in places like wvw in which the map never closed I think. They fixed the issue of them staying all week but ever since they can last less than 1-5 minutes (even seconds) if the person who drops the banned logs off, leaves the map, etc which considering the present cost makes them seem unworth buying generally.

-some RNG loot boxes maybe limited amounts of fesvival boxes or something that would be fun for veterans to gamble commendations on maybe.

Guild Mission's Need Improvements/Updates which possibly could be done for very little dev time if it used all the exsisting missions, menus, etc and just revamped the requirement/reward structure to make the Missions completable with more variable amounts of players or make the rewards worth the trouble of gathering such a large group with extra bonus rewards or more commendations for the med and hard Missions. All the easy Missions are well easy and mostly soloable. Some of the others seem to get a little too easy to have fail without a large group of highly experienced and well organized players doing it, more like a complicated meta or raid. If they are so hard they should have equivalent rewards so people want to do guild missions.

If guild Missions and and rewards got revamped to be useful it would make guilds useful by extension and then it might justify more dev time being put into the halls or other guild functions.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I mean, what scribe doesn't love exiting the guild hall to the Trading Post every few minutes for mats? Its a completely organic experience, I tell you!

I gave up on using scribe like 2 yr ago. No reason to make deco cause no one uses hall to see andits usually cheaper to get banners and wvw stuff from other sources IMO. Not sure what it might still be useful for.

Yeah, and please take care of the strange invisible wall surrounding the island in the newest EoD guild hall‼️ Actually make a new area of the hall actually accessible when unlocking "Further Exploration." How awesome would something like an underwater cavern be!?

Update guild weapons, minis, etc. Many of the weapons and mini's still require HoT guild hall currencies (why?) even if you don't have a HoT guild hall. Just make the current ones require gold+commendations. Allow Shimmering and Teneberous crystals be traded for Obsidian Shards with the Guild Trader and replace respective recipes requiring them to require Obsidian Shards or Guild Commendations. E.g., Update exotic ornate guild armor (stat selectable one) Guild Insignia crafting requires a commendation not a shimmering crystal, etc.).

Overhall the vendor to allow for some better tradable items for Commendations (consider Trophy Shipments for example) and rework the cost of ascended trinkets or better yet just condense them in to something like Mithril Guild Ring, Platinum Guild Ring, Guild Earing, Guild Brooch, Guild Amulet, Guild Cape (a redesigned/longer one like the runic cape, etc.) and make them stat selectable (remove the current long list of items that overlap with other vendors (laurel, etc.). 

Add new guild missions that take place within guild halls (scavenger hunts, turret defense games, guild hall arena pvp, etc.). Update personal mission rewards to 90s per easy, 1g per medium, 1g 20s per hard. But even better, give weekly "content" missions that award guild favor and commendations such as completing a strike mission/raid boss with 10 guildies, a dungeon/fractal with 5 guildies, etc. so people are encouraged to play with guildies in the content they enjoy (or want to try). It could just be it's own mission called "Guild Party" or something that allows guilds to complete any instanced PvE content with a full guild party (5-man content for medium, 10-man content for hard).

Honestly, this is just the start as I'd like to see more decorations, additional tweaking of guild hall decoration locations (tiered decoration privileges designating areas that can be decorated by certain ranks, etc. But first I think that making guild socialization more incentivized would really stop guilds from constantly dying out when people get bored with missions, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not hapening until the next expansion (if its even considered). And its understandeable tbh, there are other priorities than pleasing a really small community of veterans that enjoys doing stuff in GH. Even the Guild Hall instances should be fixed so you can get idk 50-100 ppl in the same one (this was something posible even in GW1).

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, firedragon.8953 said:

Yeah, and please take care of the strange invisible wall surrounding the island in the newest EoD guild hall‼️ Actually make a new area of the hall actually accessible when unlocking "Further Exploration." How awesome would something like an underwater cavern be!?

Update guild weapons, minis, etc. Many of the weapons and mini's still require HoT guild hall currencies (why?) even if you don't have a HoT guild hall. Just make the current ones require gold+commendations. Allow Shimmering and Teneberous crystals be traded for Obsidian Shards with the Guild Trader and replace respective recipes requiring them to require Obsidian Shards or Guild Commendations. E.g., Update exotic ornate guild armor (stat selectable one) Guild Insignia crafting requires a commendation not a shimmering crystal, etc.).

Overhall the vendor to allow for some better tradable items for Commendations (consider Trophy Shipments for example) and rework the cost of ascended trinkets or better yet just condense them in to something like Mithril Guild Ring, Platinum Guild Ring, Guild Earing, Guild Brooch, Guild Amulet, Guild Cape (a redesigned/longer one like the runic cape, etc.) and make them stat selectable (remove the current long list of items that overlap with other vendors (laurel, etc.). 

Add new guild missions that take place within guild halls (scavenger hunts, turret defense games, guild hall arena pvp, etc.). Update personal mission rewards to 90s per easy, 1g per medium, 1g 20s per hard. But even better, give weekly "content" missions that award guild favor and commendations such as completing a strike mission/raid boss with 10 guildies, a dungeon/fractal with 5 guildies, etc. so people are encouraged to play with guildies in the content they enjoy (or want to try). It could just be it's own mission called "Guild Party" or something that allows guilds to complete any instanced PvE content with a full guild party (5-man content for medium, 10-man content for hard).

Honestly, this is just the start as I'd like to see more decorations, additional tweaking of guild hall decoration locations (tiered decoration privileges designating areas that can be decorated by certain ranks, etc. But first I think that making guild socialization more incentivized would really stop guilds from constantly dying out when people get bored with missions, etc.

Right, Im not sure why my post seems to be overlooked so far, but that is what I suggest too.

That is the biggest "GUild Hall" issue in my mind is that Guild Mission rewards are not adequate for players in 2022. They have been outdated a long long time. GUild Missions too could use a revamp. I think without those things it feels pretty pointless to suggest more dev time for guild system and halls. That said, those things alone would do allot to improve the potencial usefulness of guilds and then presumably halls by extention. (back when we did weekly missions people would often meet and gather in the halls and use the portal, etc) 

At present Guilds die off because they are just another list of players like a friends list but less personal and the guild systems method of socialization has been broken many years in that the rewards arent valuable or useful and many of the Missions just are way way too hard for the intended purpose of socializing and rewards. (granted easy Missions are easy, but the others)

9 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Not hapening until the next expansion (if its even considered). And its understandeable tbh, there are other priorities than pleasing a really small community of veterans that enjoys doing stuff in GH. Even the Guild Hall instances should be fixed so you can get idk 50-100 ppl in the same one (this was something posible even in GW1).

Agreed for the most part, however. I think that its a giant mistake not to consider just revamping the Guild Mission rewards. Just adding something like stat selectable exotics to a merchant for commendations + ?gold? would make Guilds have some use for new players without any considerable dev time. Later they could revamp Missions to help create content people can do as a group that is more friendly than strikes, fractals, etc (Missions would have a purpose)

I think ignoring that as a potential gain for little dev time investment seems like overlooking one of the most productive things they could do. The rest of the game doesnt matter when people have no reason to socialize

Edited by Moradorin.6217

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to [Suggestion] Guild and Guild Hall Quality of Life improvements (updated: 15 March 2022) [Merged]