Please don't nerf Chronomancer!

Egorum.9506

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:Thanks for posting the video, I stand by my opinion though. Fun and gimmicky build, unusable in high tier. In EU you wouldn't reach higher than low plat t1.

Well if he’s NA he’d be playing at a dead EU time so quite possibly could be mid platinum. Don’t get me wrong he did a lot of bad things like using MI without purpose, predictable GS burst etc but that doesn’t mean you can’t get a high ranking.

@Wanna.4721 said:Would you mind going over the build a bit? As a new player I've had to slow down the video a number of times to understand the burst rotations.

Spam phantasmal berserker, refresh, repeat. Auto.Add a couple of shield phantasms/ disenchanters/ mirror blades if you're bored.Mindwrack whenever.

V hard rotations, for real.

You'd think there would be more people coming from eu to na for easy titles, wonder why not? Gs chrono counters bunker chrono, the cleave shuts down clone generation and it runs more invulns. Someday eu will catch up though :>

I'm aware I don't play mes well guys, I just picked it up 3 weeks ago lol

@Wanna.4721 said:Would you mind going over the build a bit? As a new player I've had to slow down the video a number of times to understand the burst rotations.

Get as many gs4s going as you can from stealth, spike with gs2/3 and AA quickness. If anyone jumps on you, swap to sw/sh and play defense until you can swap back and burst.

I wish more people would play this build. Still carried by easy phantasms, but still dies too quickly. Saying this as a sage's ele.

It is the combination of Staff + chaos + inspiration that is ridiculously op in combination with over 9000 phantasms. It is a solid build still, sure, but not as op as other builds.

@Megametzler.5729 said:I wish more people would play this build. Still carried by easy phantasms, but still dies too quickly. Saying this as a sage's ele.

It is the combination of Staff + chaos + inspiration that is ridiculously op in combination with over 9000 phantasms. It is a solid build still, sure, but not as op as other builds.

It carries harder than chaos does because it decides every group fight in 3s, the cleave is ridiculous.

It also counters many meta builds through sheer damage, and is countered by only revs, soulbeasts, and holos- 2/3 of which aren't really played

@Egorum.9506 said:You'd think there would be more people coming from eu to na for easy titles, wonder why not? Gs chrono counters bunker chrono, the cleave shuts down clone generation and it runs more invulns. Someday eu will catch up though :>

Get as many gs4s going as you can from stealth, spike with gs2/3 and AA quickness. If anyone jumps on you, swap to sw/sh and play defense until you can swap back and burst.

Sure if all anyone cared about was a title they could go NA but then you can’t play with your friends in EU on your main account for a season, that’s a pretty large commitment for a meaningless title.

IH Interrupt mirage obliterates bunker mes as the clones remove the singular stack of stab really easily and when the phantasms and signet have 1s cast times it’s a super easy interrupt especially with boon removal on shatter. Same build Jazzman uses so you always have clones, only downside is that you are weak to conditions but at this point in the meta that’s the odd condi thief, scourge and some mirage builds but every build should have weaknesses no?

@apharma.3741 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:You'd think there would be more people coming from eu to na for easy titles, wonder why not? Gs chrono counters bunker chrono, the cleave shuts down clone generation and it runs more invulns. Someday eu will catch up though :>

Sure if all anyone cared about was a title they could go NA but then you can’t play with your friends in EU on your main account for a season, that’s a pretty large commitment for a meaningless title.

IH Interrupt mirage obliterates bunker mes as the clones remove the singular stack of stab really easily and when the phantasms and signet have 1s cast times it’s a super easy interrupt especially with boon removal on shatter. Same build Jazzman uses so you always have clones, only downside is that you are weak to conditions but at this point in the meta that’s the odd condi thief, scourge and some mirage builds but every build should have weaknesses no?

Thought the whole point of pvp was the titles, otherwise there wouldn't be an issue with win trading man. You can't play with your friends regardless unless you're under 1600

@Egorum.9506 said:

Thought the whole point of pvp was the titles, otherwise there wouldn't be an issue with win trading man. You can't play with your friends regardless unless you're under 1600

Not entirely true, most people have issues with wintrading because it adversely affects their games.

You get into a game and go mid, you notice they sent only 3 people and you have 4, you win easy while they have 1 capping home, then it becomes a 5v2 on the map because 1 guy on the enemy team is wintrading (going afk) for a guy on your team. The game is a landslide, no one has fun on either team or maybe the winners get the slight buzz for winning but not the good feeling of earning a win.

On the other hand you could be on the enemy team where you end up 4v5 the entire game, where you have to play a lot better to make up for that lack of numbers.

This is why people have an issue with wintrading, it is adversely affecting their games and rating where the game is a win or a loss as soon as you get into a game

@apharma.3741 said:

Not entirely true, most people have issues with wintrading because it adversely affects their games.

You get into a game and go mid, you notice they sent only 3 people and you have 4, you win easy while they have 1 capping home, then it becomes a 5v2 on the map because 1 guy on the enemy team is wintrading (going afk) for a guy on your team. The game is a landslide, no one has fun on either team or maybe the winners get the slight buzz for winning but not the good feeling of earning a win.

On the other hand you could be on the enemy team where you end up 4v5 the entire game, where you have to play a lot better to make up for that lack of numbers.

This is why people have an issue with wintrading, it is adversely affecting their games and rating where the game is a win or a loss as soon as you get into a game

Would you like to explain how conquest works next, or possibly how to set up hot keys or why you shouldn't click on skills?

@Egorum.9506 said:

Would you like to explain how conquest works next, or possibly how to set up hot keys or why you shouldn't click on skills?

No need for a sarcastic response when what I quoted from you wasn’t exactly sarcasm or if it was it was very poor. At this point I just can’t tell if it’s sarcasm or whether you really need very basic concepts explaining or this is all fuelled by some weird NA vs EU thing you have.

Edit: I believe you might have mistaken what I meant by you can’t play with your friends on your main account for a season. I wasn’t just referring to PvP. NA players cannot play with EU players in PvE, PvP or WvW and a lot of players do not exclusively play 1 game mode only.

@apharma.3741 said:

No need for a sarcastic response when what I quoted from you wasn’t exactly sarcasm or if it was it was very poor. At this point I just can’t tell if it’s sarcasm or whether you really need very basic concepts explaining or this is all fuelled by some weird NA vs EU thing you have.

Edit: I believe you might have mistaken what I meant by you can’t play with your friends on your main account for a season. I wasn’t just referring to PvP. NA players cannot play with EU players in PvE, PvP or WvW and a lot of players do not exclusively play 1 game mode only.

My bad man, I didn't realize you couldn't enjoy pve with your friends. Thought eu/na was just for pvp/wvw, like the servers.

Though it seems like you have a na vs eu thing, since you've done nothing but shit on na

@Egorum.9506 said:

My bad man, I didn't realize you couldn't enjoy pve with your friends. Thought eu/na was just for pvp/wvw, like the servers.

Though it seems like you have a na vs eu thing, since you've done nothing but kitten on na

Nah both EU and NA are clownfiesta’s at the moment, maybe in the past it was different but since season 6 or 7 most good players left both sides flooding platinum with gold players possibly lower. As for my specific mention of you being NA, it was mostly in reference to your likely time of playing, you’d be playing at anything from 10pm to 4am in EU depending on time zones so you’d be playing some really wonky match ups and likely against some pretty horrific players from what I’ve seen. We are talking keyboard turning, bizarre builds, bear bows, minion mancers and all sorts.

I do apologise if it came across as hating on NA though.

@apharma.3741 said:

Though it seems like you have a na vs eu thing, since you've done nothing but kitten on na

Nah both EU and NA are clownfiesta’s at the moment, maybe in the past it was different but since season 6 or 7 most good players left both sides flooding platinum with gold players possibly lower. As for my specific mention of you being NA, it was mostly in reference to your likely time of playing, you’d be playing at anything from 10pm to 4am in EU depending on time zones so you’d be playing some really wonky match ups and likely against some pretty horrific players from what I’ve seen. We are talking keyboard turning, bizarre builds, bear bows, minion mancers and all sorts.

Probably yeah, we get the same random builds here around that timeframe. Queuing past midnight est is rolling the dice

Is this an example of miscommunication turned postive? On the gw2 forums? What is life?

@apharma.3741 said:

Having a bizarre build makes you a bad player? What?

I know most new players run the meta and when a bizarre build beats me, that guy usually has 20-30k AP

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I know most new players run the meta and when a bizarre build beats me, that guy usually has 20-30k AP

I’d probably call that niche or off meta, perhaps counter comp build. A bizarre build would be something like DP thief with clerics, SA, DA (condi traits) and acro choosing traits across the whole lot that don’t synergise at all and affect things they aren’t using.

@apharma.3741 said:

I’d probably call that niche or off meta, perhaps counter comp build. A bizarre build would be something like DP thief with clerics, SA, DA (condi traits) and acro choosing traits across the whole lot that don’t synergise at all and affect things they aren’t using.

Ah gotchya, that's not bizarre that's a mess lmao

(although I did run a healing cleric thief there for a while with healing dodges n healing initiative and shadow refuge, was a fun troll build staying in stealth and making people accuse my downed ally of being a hacker, otherwise yea it's useless)

• 1 year later...

Delete this Toxic Power +1 shot stealth design 'Mesmer' in this game. It has nothing to do with Mesmer Profession purpose anyway, Please! delete it and replace it with Gwen's true Mesmer instead.

As a Mesmer Profession main, i am ashamed of the design route that they took with Mesmer. 8 years+alpha+beta, the time is now to completely put it to rest and honor Gwen's name with her True Mesmer

Mesmer, 'A master of illusion, misdirection, and control, the Mesmer subverts the damage-dealing capabilities of others, manipulating their perceptions to achieve personal goals.'

'While Mesmers are not known for brute strength, their ability to confuse, distract, and drain the enemy’s resources more than compensates.'

Confusion is their signature...belong only to Mesmer Profession and should remain so

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Gwen

@Egorum.9506 said:

@Megametzler.5729 said:I wish more people would play this build. Still carried by easy phantasms, but still dies too quickly. Saying this as a sage's ele.

It carries harder than chaos does because it decides every group fight in 3s, the cleave is ridiculous.

It also counters many meta builds through sheer damage, and is countered by only revs, soulbeasts, and holos- 2/3 of which aren't really played

Thanks for your honesty.

But holos? I main one. Just not prot, which is kinda broken OP. I got bursted down by one of those mesmer builds in 3s, before which I massively outskilled them by dodging, blocking, positioning away from clones, etc... However there's not much to do if you can get dazed for 1.5 seconds 4 times, plus the crazy burst and stealth

@Teb.6980 said:

Thanks for your honesty.

But holos? I main one. Just not prot, which is kinda broken OP. I got bursted down by one of those mesmer builds in 3s, before which I massively outskilled them by dodging, blocking, positioning away from clones, etc... However there's not much to do if you can get dazed for 1.5 seconds 4 times, plus the crazy burst and stealth

Why tf are you responding to a 2 years old comment