ArenaNet says it's relaxed about players selling raid spots ingame. But the market itself is a grey one, with little clarity for those interested in paying for a slot. So in the spirit of more transparency, some thoughts and answers for the following would be really great:
- What's the current going rate for a pay-for slot per raid wing? Does it vary server to server, or wing to wing? Even boss to boss?
- How do buyers know they're getting a good (or bad) deal? What should they watch out for - positives and negatives.
- How much involvement should a pay-for raider expect on a run? Will they be expected to stay put and let others do the work? Or are they expected to get involved?
- Are most raid achievements possible for pay-for raiders? Or are some or most achievements in fact off limits?
- For those selling raid slots, what are the most frequent issues and complaints which crop up when it comes to managing your clients' expectations? (both them to you and you to them)
- What happens if a pay-for raider gets ripped off, or receieves a poor service? What happens if the provider gets ripped off? (can that even happen?)
- Should there be a way of rating a pay-for provider ingame, (eg like Trip Adviser, YouTube), and that rating being visible to others ?
My hope here is to demystify the pay-for raidslot process a bit - so please be frank and positive!