New Episode Tomorrow Maybe? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

New Episode Tomorrow Maybe?

Really the only reason I ask this is because usually events, like this world boss thing, tend to happen on Tuesdays so why today instead of tomorrow? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Tagged:

Comments

• @Randulf.7614 said:
    It's unlikely to appear until the 4 week War Eternal Package drops end and we still have week 3 to come tomorrow. I would expect it near 3rd/4th week of May

I can see the Week 4 bonus dropping on the same day as the release, although 20 or 27 May seems more likely for tempo reasons.

Regardless, we'll know soon enough.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• derd.6413derd.6413 Member ✭✭✭✭

no, they usually give us the release date a week in advance

I Have No friends, so I Must pug

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Maybe we get a teaser tomorrow though.

Smugly chuckling forever.
    My sentence doesn't make sense? Well, I probably forgot to write half of it before posting.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:
    The reason why events have traditionally started on Tuesday is that Tuesday is ANet's designated patch day

Actually I think it's a universal media release day.

• every MMO I've played releases patches on Tuesday
    • new media releases (from back to CDs and DvDs to 4K Blu Ray) are on Tuesdays
    • new video games for all platforms are released on Tuesday

I don't know who where or when, but at some point, the interested parties got together and agreed that all new things would happen on Tuesday.

Why is that? I don't know, though maybe someone else could chime in...

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

The reason why events have traditionally started on Tuesday is that Tuesday is ANet's designated patch day

I don't know who where or when, but at some point, the interested parties got together and agreed that all new things would happen on Tuesday.

Why is that? I don't know, though maybe someone else could chime in...

Might be a US thing, it's not the same elsewhere.

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Might be a US thing, it's not the same elsewhere.

Like all human customs, there are tons of exceptions. Said previous firm was international and all its subsidiaries (regardless of home office location) used the "Tuesday" convention.
    (Well, except when they didn't. There were always internal "customers" who insisted that their proposed feature was too urgent to wait til the next window. Still, all the IT departments scheduled changes were either Tuesdays or Weekends, the latter for when we had to shut down systems, e.g. for hardware testing etc).

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

Like all human customs, there are tons of exceptions. Said previous firm was international and all its subsidiaries (regardless of home office location) used the "Tuesday" convention.
    (Well, except when they didn't. There were always internal "customers" who insisted that their proposed feature was too urgent to wait til the next window. Still, all the IT departments scheduled changes were either Tuesdays or Weekends, the latter for when we had to shut down systems, e.g. for hardware testing etc).

Cool. I don't consider what my country does for dvd + game releases an exception though ;)

What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

• Pirindolo.9427Pirindolo.9427 Member ✭✭✭

Of course not.
    Next week we MAY have the episode complete trailer, and a week later the episode. But it may take 1 more week also. I believe 21st will be the release. 28th is my second bet.

• Jojo.6140Jojo.6140 Member ✭✭✭

Next week they have to release a patch for new gemstore stuff. So either new episode is next week on 14th, or in 3 weeks on 28th.

• anninke.7469anninke.7469 Member ✭✭

I hope we get the last Requiem story tomorrow or maybe on Wednesday.

• Arden.7480Arden.7480 Member ✭✭✭✭

@PlagueParade.7942 said:
    Really the only reason I ask this is because usually events, like this world boss thing, tend to happen on Tuesdays so why today instead of tomorrow? Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I think May 21st is the most likely, Rubi Bayer on Skyscale Guildchat said: "Later this month they will all see this for themselves"

Seek, and you shall find.

@anninke.7469 said:
    I hope we get the last Requiem story tomorrow or maybe on Wednesday.

i think with the trailer which I believe will be next week.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

The best we can expect is a trailer, which I think there’s a goof chance of. But don’t expect it so that if I’m wrong you aren’t disappointed

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

@Randulf.7614 said:

Indeed. Where I work it's Thursdays and Fridays for some reason.

• Steve The Cynic.3217Steve The Cynic.3217 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

• New films reach the cinemas on ... Wednesday or Thursday where I live.

So not universal.

@Biff.5312 said:
    Exercise your whimsy.

• Joki.7591Joki.7591 Member ✭✭

This week will be the world boss event. Next week a build up into the next episode, followed by it launching the week after I’d expect. They won’t launch during an event designed to keep players busy in core Tyria, but also you’ve got the supply drop.

Plus, if they launch near the end of May I can see the episode as a birthday gift (depending on how traumatised I’m left)

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

@Blocki.4931 said:

Didn't we already get one?

Or did you mean a story teaser? Because that I think won't hit until a week before release.

• TheQuickFox.3826TheQuickFox.3826 Member ✭✭✭✭

@derd.6413 said:
    no, they usually give us the release date a week in advance

This.

Ascalon Will Prevail!

GW Wiki user page | GW2 Wiki user page

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:

Didn't we already get one?

Or did you mean a story teaser? Because that I think won't hit until a week before release.

It's not the official trailer for the episode yet, the trailers have a full date, show off the story content and are made public.

• Ben K.6238Ben K.6238 Member ✭✭✭

The trailer is about all we may see (and no guarantees there either). With all the promo material coming out before even the trailer is ready I'm definitely getting the impression some teams slipped internal deadlines that others didn't.

I'm hoping the haphazard delivery doesn't mean the next episode is going to be rushed with pieces missing again. In theory, taking extra time solves that problem, but in practice if you need an extra two weeks to ship something, you'd often like an extra two months to really do it justice.

• Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 7, 2019

I used to guess 21st May but now I realized it's unlikely, because there will 100% be a patch on 14th May (either the Ep6 patch or a random gemstore patch) and it has never happened to have another patch only one week after (two weeks usually).
    So Ep6 is either on 14th or 28th May.
    Hope the first.

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

No trailer today means no Episode next week.
    Only 21st and 28th May are left.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• Nemo.8759Nemo.8759 Member ✭✭

No trailer ,sad :anguished:

• Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would take a bug fix from the last balance patch over any episode as the game as some real braking bugs in it that still need to be fixed way before any new content is added in.

• cptaylor.2670cptaylor.2670 Member ✭✭✭✭

Given no trailer or news today, I think it’s safe to say the 28th. We may get some small gemstore patch next week, at best some more current events, and then get the trailer on the 21st. Assuming there isn’t a delay pushing it into June.

• Nemo.8759Nemo.8759 Member ✭✭

@cptaylor.2670 said:
    Given no trailer or news today, I think it’s safe to say the 28th. We may get some small gemstore patch next week, at best some more current events, and then get the trailer on the 21st. Assuming there isn’t a delay pushing it into June.

Now we have last story of requiem

• PlagueParade.7942PlagueParade.7942 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah we do! Can't wait to read it! Msybe I'll wait for Woodenpotatoes on tape!

edited May 7, 2019

@Arden.7480 said:
    It's not the official trailer for the episode yet, the trailers have a full date, show off the story content and are made public.

Yes, but those are always released a week before the episode comes out, as mentioned previously. Whoever thought it possible to get one today must have completely missed the 4-week Gem Store package. It is clear that the episode won't be released until a week after the last delivery.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

Yes, but those are always released a week before the episode comes out, as mentioned previously. Whoever thought it possible to get one today must have completely missed the 4-week Gem Store package. It is clear that the episode won't be released until a week after the last delivery.

It could very well be planned to coinside, so you'd get the last package just as the episode launches.
    Now it seems not, based on updates.

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Arden.7480 said:

And yet here we are, only 5 days away from release. I hope the Cantha prediction won't be as unfortunate. :wink:

edited May 9, 2019

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    And yet here we are, only 5 days away from release.

Oh?! Let me check the news. :o

Edit: Oy, what a well done trailer! <3 The emotions were captured nicely, loved it. Doesn't spoil a thing about what is going to happen, though. ;)

I hope the Cantha prediction won't be as unfortunate. :wink:

Heh heh, we'll see. :p

• Now that everyone knows the release date of Episode 6 "War Eternal" (it's May 14), I'm going to close this thread and redirect you to the existing one if you want to continue the discussion.

Stéphane Lo Presti
    Content Marketing Manager

This discussion has been closed.
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.