I'd rather buy the skyscale than wasting so much time and materials on getting that mount.

I too would have preferred that the Skyscale (and the WvW Mount and Gen2 Legendaries and Legendary Armor) were all able to be purchased on the TP. Not that I would have bought them, necessarily, but because I still believe that the Play How You Want model was the best thing about this game and I hate the slow erosion of it with the forced playing of content that I may or may not enjoy. I'd rather play the things I like playing, convert the rewards from those things into gold, and then use the gold to skip playing the things I don't like playing.

@Neworder.7981 said:I think most players that complain because the amount of 'farming' required is not made clear at the start of the acquisition process. I for one would not have started going for the mount, But if i stop now my time(pre nerf time-gated) will have been wasted. That's the frustrating part.

Some. Some also want it now, some don't wait to see what details may arise, some don't look at locked achievements and consider they might be related.

Its a trade off as well. There is an element of discovery here that makes collections interesting to others. Some people don't want to know all the steps and want to discover it as they go. As others have also said to some it's the journey and not the destination that's interesting. I see your point that people didn't know the depth of involvement, but... they gave us base mounts and each mount after that has been a collection so the fact that people assumed it wouldn't be a collection seems odd. Know people on both sides, some want to know it all before starting and some that don't want to know anything. If you start out with documenting everything you alienate the people not posting since they are off playing the game and discovering. So as players I am not seeing people doing a good job on saying what information would have let them decide they wanted to go this route without Anet spoiling it for the people that wanted to do the discovery. Would a general this will take people x days to do have helped? This journey will take players time to ..? If they had just come out with a list of time and materials then for the people that like the discovery that would have been a fail from the start. So what would have helped knowing this would be involved outside of fully listing the requirement beforehand?

@Blocki.4931 said:You sure you didn't drop it long ago? I just killed the young Karkalings because the normal ones are way too strong. Got it in about 3 minutes.

I sort of counted:

• 15-20 bats (NW Queensdale in and near the orchard)
  • 1 spider (Orchard in NW Queensdale, by accident when I was killing bats)
  • half a dozen skale (in the river next to Shaemoor)
  • 1 or 2 skelks (hard to say whether it dropped on the first or second of the two that died from the same GS Guardian Spin-to-Win) (in the Godslost Swamp in QD)
  • 1 Karka (Southsun)
  • 3 rock gazelles (Desert Highlands)
  • 2 sand lions (near the Awakened HP dude south of Amnoon)
  • 4 minotaurs (in The Osenfold Shear in west Wayfarer Foothills)
  • 3 Wyverns (on the pillars in south west Elon Riverlands)
  • Only a couple of Sand Eels (somewhere in Crystal Oasis)
  • 3 Iboga (southern edge of Crystal Oasis)
  • 1 Jacaranda (the one outside Sun's Refuge)

Given the other numbers, I guess I just got epic bad luck on the bats.

I don't mind the collections...Problem is the collections are boring pick up tasks.Second problem is I have no time, I work 12~16 hours every day and 6/7 days in a weekI give myself 1 hour everyday and maybe 3 hours on my only day off so I can play this game and also do stuff irl because hell I want to be elsewhere too and not waste my free time on fuking GW2.Third problem is the LS4 maps grind is so bad it actually reduced my motiviton in making this mount to zero.I don't mind doing the collections regardless of how boring they may be, but I can't grind LS4 maps because not only it adds more boring crap I have to do but also I have to grind it and it will take forever for 6 kitten maps which means that instead of unlocking this mount in a total of 1 month it will take me a few if not over a half year.

For the first time ever I will support buying this mount and save myself this trouble, either way whether I will get it in one way or another and even wont get it I honestly gives zero kittens about it.This mount is ugly, it looks like a boring AFK mount to me and nothing more than that, the effort you need for this just not worth it for me so I'm fine without it BUT the best thing is I will save tons of money not buying skins from Anet for this mount.This mount took so much of my desire to play I will literally save more money instead of wasting it supporting Anet.

Anet can do whatever they want, As far as I can tell knowing them they will never acknowledge that some of us have life and the majority of the playerbase are adults with real life tasks who can't play 24/7 to do their bullshit collections to satisfy their fetish of torturing their playerbase(That includes that Mystic Infusion 99% of us will never get our hands on and will cost more than a legendary on the TP for years).

@Ototo.3214 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@Altion.9576 said:I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

if they did, I would buy quite a few Gen2.

Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

i dont understand how buying a cosmetic is pay to win?

Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

What and where do you win on skyscale, swinging legendary. I want to win too!!! I have both,plus pvp leg armor, wings and aurora.Teach me your ways.

Considering skyscale has some uses that are superior to the other mounts, it provides an advantage in that area. Legendary items allow for stat swapping and free upgrade swapping, which allows people to have 1 set that can be many types of builds without the need for obtaining more gear and swapping it around for different builds. Very helpful for things like raids where some classes have many different useful builds.Those are more than just cosmetics and I'm of the opinion they should be worked toward in game, not just simply bought with $$$.

I don't see what I can win.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Altion.9576" said:I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

What?!?! You'd rather throw money at a problem than overcome it? Should they also put legendary gear in the BL shop?

Id rather work for one hour and buy something with that wage that would have otherwise cost me days in man power hours of grinding.

Anet are missing out on a lot of money by not allowing them to be purchased but I guess they have made enough money from mount skins not too warrant selling them outright.

Lol, ANet is avoiding the player loss that comes with P2W games. Of course people would buy that stuff, and people that actually want to play games, and disagree with P2W, would find something else. There is no P2W game in existence that doesn't have problems keeping players, because no one wants to play wallet wars. What is the point of even playing a game if you can literally buy everything you could possibly want?

Considering both the mount and legendaries are more than just cosmetics, it would be P2W.

What and where do you win on skyscale, swinging legendary. I want to win too!!! I have both,plus pvp leg armor, wings and aurora.Teach me your ways.

Considering skyscale has some uses that are superior to the other mounts, it provides an advantage in that area. Legendary items allow for stat swapping and free upgrade swapping, which allows people to have 1 set that can be many types of builds without the need for obtaining more gear and swapping it around for different builds. Very helpful for things like raids where some classes have many different useful builds.Those are more than just cosmetics and I'm of the opinion they should be worked toward in game, not just simply bought with $$$.

Pay to win is typically defined as it is on wikipedia:"In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise need to spend time progressing in order to unlock said items."

I've already listed the advantages.

@Ototo.3214 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@"Altion.9576" said:I find the collection to get this mount stupid and a chore, not only it requires a stupid amount of time, but you also need to spend gold AND a kitten of materials to get it? It feels like im trying to get a kitten legendary!! Hell no.

Pay to win is typically defined as it is on wikipedia:"In some games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain an advantage over those playing for free who might otherwise need to spend time progressing in order to unlock said items."

What are the advantages over other players? Those are NOT advantages, those are convinice. You see the deifference? No? Advantages would if skyscale got me 0.25 crit power in pve and pvp like dragon mounts in Tera. Advantages would be if legendary weapon would one -shot you in pvp, like in many games, where gear decides.Or let me overdps in pve by 20% anyone just by AA etc.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

What are the advantages over other players? Those are NOT advantages, those are convinice. You see the deifference? No? Adwantages would if skyscale got me 0.25 crit power in pve and pvp like dragon mounts in Tera. Advantages would be if legendary weapon would one -shot you in pvp, like in many games, where gear decides.

Being able to have build flexibility in raids over other players is an advantage. And it should remain an advantage that takes effort to obtain. GW2 doesn't operate under vertical progression with stats so the advantages generally won't have anything to do with stats anyway.

@Ototo.3214 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

What are the advantages over other players? Those are NOT advantages, those are convinice. You see the deifference? No? Adwantages would if skyscale got me 0.25 crit power in pve and pvp like dragon mounts in Tera. Advantages would be if legendary weapon would one -shot you in pvp, like in many games, where gear decides.

Being able to have build flexibility in raids over other players is an advantage. And it should remain an advantage that takes effort to obtain. GW2 doesn't operate under vertical progression with stats so the advantages generally won't have anything to do with stats anyway.

How is that an advantage? Play the game and get second, third set of ascended. Play fractals and get drowned in ascended gear. Make 10 sets and mix and match as you wish. That isn't an advantage. Players make different chars in different gear/setup because even swapping stats on legendary is not so convenient, let alone gets you advantage.

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

@phs.6089 said:

How is that an advantage? Play the game and get second, third set of ascended. Play fractals and get drowned in ascended gear. Make 10 sets and mix and match as you wish. That isn't an advantage. Players make different chars in different gear/setup because even swapping stats on legendary is not so convenient, let alone gets you advantage.

Hogs up inventory space and is still also a grind to get. Requiring multiple characters also requires you buy character slots to have multiple builds like that, where legendaries allow you to do it on one.

But honestly, why should the best gear in the game be buyable on the gemstore when all other gear related things on there are just skins? As for the skyscale, why now implement a way to instabuy it when people have already had to grind for it? When the only mount related things in the gemstore are also just skins?

If people thinks the skyscale is bad timesink, then they havent tried to build a legendary.

Why do you want the skyscale if you dont have time to play the game to earn it? Personally I am glad that the skyscale requires more ingame effort unlike the griffon with its considerable gold cost.

• ArenaNet Staff

We'd like to avoid spreading out the feedback across multiple forum threads so that the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forums aren't too chaotic. Since this is related to the [merged] About the Skyscale Timegate... and Should the Skyscale map currency be reduced? threads, I'm going to close this thread and redirect you to the above ones.