New Pass Idea: Skyscale Sanctuary Pass

In order to preserve the Skyscale species, Gorrik and other scientists, researchers, and conservationists have found a perfect spot for the new Skyscales to multiply and grow. It is a floating island above __ (Core Tyria Map). There is an Atrium with incubation and medical equipment to keep the skyscale population healthy.

Features:

1. In the atrium, you can play with the hatchlings like you do with the ball/flute in the Sun's Refuge
  2. The outside parts of the island you can play hide and seek and catch with the larger skyscales.
  3. you can mount a skyscale even if you don't have one (just like the dragonfall map)
  4. all trade vendors, crafting stations and city ports available.
  5. Ability to mark one place in Tyria to which you can port to. Fly a skyscale through a specific portal/rift
  6. Infinite Flight within a certain radius of the island

I like this idea, but I'm not sure it'd work as a convenience area. It would, however, work with another idea I actually posted about earlier today: alternate "Home" instances. Basically, a home instance other than the general race ones we've had since game release. I'm amazed they haven't provided this as an option like they have the convenience area passes. In general though, I think this would work a lot better as an alternate home instance with your home instance nodes dotted around the island, etc. What do you think?

Not sure how the portal rift thing would work and choosing the specific location, but the rest of it sounds nice.

cuded.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/ming-fan_6600_375.jpg

I've always liked the idea of having some more high fantasy places in the clouds like the heart of the mists though. And I think this skyscale themed pass idea would be a great way of adding something like that without needing to tie it into the story!

If they no longer plan on making a raid with the Wizard's Tower I could even see them revamping that and turning it into a pass area, but I suppose they're keeping that plot open.

@Warlord.9082 said:First I want a book that allows my to bind all the passes so they fit into a singular Shared Inventory Slot, then I'll see about new passes.

Whatever the solution, as long as it doesn't require an extra click. I think it would be cool to have like a special bag for them so that way it doesn't require extra clicks like the tomes do for the living story areas.

@Cobrakon.3108 said:

@Warlord.9082 said:First I want a book that allows my to bind all the passes so they fit into a singular Shared Inventory Slot, then I'll see about new passes.

Whatever the solution, as long as it doesn't require an extra click. I think it would be cool to have like a special bag for them so that way it doesn't require extra clicks like the tomes do for the living story areas.

Or option to replace the novelty menu below the mount menu (at right of hud) with a shared slot menu or pass menu.

@Cobrakon.3108 said:

I'd actually prefer that extra click... Too often I find myself in Divinity Reach, while I only wanted to use my salvage kit... Right now I've the Royal Terrace Pass put as far away as possible on my shared inventory slots, and put some items next to it that I only put there to prevent misclicks...

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

And the binoculars for bitterfrost! And that one thing for Lake Doric! Am I forgetting one?

What a stupid comment.

What I am talking about isn't in-game... Right now you lose so many SIS due to space they take up rather than say season 3 or 4 books which allow you to store all the teleports in a book. I don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet...

@Warlord.9082 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

And the binoculars for bitterfrost! And that one thing for Lake Doric! Am I forgetting one?

What a stupid comment.

What I am talking about isn't in-game... Right now you lose so many SIS due to space they take up rather than say season 3 or 4 books which allow you to store all the teleports in a book. I don't see why this hasn't been implemented yet...

I think they were recommending other teleport-esque objects that could be combined into a single item so that you could use all of them from the shared inventory slots. Which, if you think about it, might be an interesting idea. I recall in the HoT lore that Scarlet was researching a "personal mobile waypoint device." It'd be interesting if we got such a device and could "record" preset locations to them

But that's for a different topic. For the main topic, I do still love this idea, but still believe it would work better as a debut for a "custom home instance" rather than a convenience area. And I'm still shocked Anet hasn't implemented them yet, just because they seem like such a likely money-maker. Heck, I might actually have a reason to purchase the home instance portal stone if they did.

But overall, if Anet is actually reading this thread (who knows?), I think the home instance elements are possibly a lot easier to meld with the skyscale haven/sanctuary concept than dozens of vendors and a mystic forge, etc. Plus you'd have people everywhere possibly trolling with skyscale wings. Having a place where you can just invite your friends and have fun works better.