Reward track pips “commitment”

Abyssisis.3971

not really, just the tracks should go through overall with at least double speed- simply because the tracks are Wvw'ers most effective "income"

but not the diamond stuff, like it really isn't that hard to complete them. if u got time on a weekend, u can have most of it by sunday evening fully done. considering ur on a dead serverlink, then u cannot do much. 5 tiers are just too much for EU to provide content everywhere.

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Change to Veterans: Nothing other then forcing them to play. 

Change to new players: Way less rewards. 

Yep. Good change. 

Commitment only gives you +1 pip for completing wood track. Changing it to scale would give more pips based on the tier you completed the week before, +1 for wood, +2 for silver, etc all the way to +7 for diamond.

Newer players take 20-30 hours to complete diamond, which is quite a lot of time for something that resets weekly. Changing it to scale would allow someone who completed platinum, earn +5 pips for commitment for the next week, which essentially drops it down to 11-13 hours to complete diamond. So quite a bit quicker to complete it. 

Vet players would complete the repeatable diamond skirmish track more and thus earn more rewards from both the skirmish track and the reward track.

Not sure how you think otherwise?

• Thanks 1

I don't think that's a good solution for the problem, because it will be a rather huge disadvantage for players who can't play every week, who have to take some weeks off or who can't invest the same amount of time every week. For new players this would be a even bigger problem, because +7 would be a very large buff, they would loose by not playing for a week.

If  new bonus-pips are added, I think they should encourage people to actively play WvW, because the current pip- and reward-track-system rewards you mostly for just being there. Not that this is bad, because there are times when you can't do much, but more rewards for active players would be a good thing, i think.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

I don't think that's a good solution for the problem, because it will be a rather huge disadvantage for players who can't play every week, who have to take some weeks off or who can't invest the same amount of time every week. For new players this would be a even bigger problem, because +7 would be a very large buff, they would loose by not playing for a week.

If  new bonus-pips are added, I think they should encourage people to actively play WvW, because the current pip- and reward-track-system rewards you mostly for just being there. Not that this is bad, because there are times when you can't do much, but more rewards for active players would be a good thing, i think.

How would it disadvantage players who can’t play for a week over the system we have now where you are rewarded +1 pip for completing wood division in the previous week? If they don’t play for a week now, they don’t get the +1 pip anyway so they aren’t losing anything because they wouldn’t have gained anything from it anyway.

Its a commitment pip for a reason to reward regular play, if you don’t play it, you lose it. But capping it at +1 for completing wood division is pretty underwhelming for those that complete higher tiers every week anyway.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2021 at 6:35 AM, Schimmi.6872 said:

According to some people 'actively' gaining pips would just lead to kill trading and objective flipping. I think those people are just allergic to rewards.

That said what was proposed was on 'commitment' which requires commitment surprisingly. This would help new players who are lower rank, week by week, start to gain higher tiers of the commitment pips to the point where they are completing diamond after only a day or two of play time. That makes commitment easier to maintain and helps gain skirmish tickets within a reasonable amount of time per week.

It would also passively increase rewards via more MoB and reward track progress, which are two other sticking points within the WvW community.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
ermagurd typos
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

How would it disadvantage players who can’t play for a week over the system we have now where you are rewarded +1 pip for completing wood division in the previous week? If they don’t play for a week now, they don’t get the +1 pip anyway so they aren’t losing anything because they wouldn’t have gained anything from it anyway.

Its a commitment pip for a reason to reward regular play, if you don’t play it, you lose it. But capping it at +1 for completing wood division is pretty underwhelming for those that complete higher tiers every week anyway.

I never said that the current system doesn't already put players who can't play every week at a disadvantage, the disadvantage will just grow , the higher the commitment-pips get. And the higher the disadvantage, the more player will feel forced to reach diamond every week. Which may also lead to more frustration, when player return after  an absence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

I never said that the current system doesn't already put players who can't play every week at a disadvantage, the disadvantage will just grow , the higher the commitment-pips get. And the higher the disadvantage, the more player will feel forced to reach diamond every week. Which may also lead to more frustration, when player return after  an absence.

It’s a pip designed for those that do/can play every week.

So whatever disadvantage you feel for missing out on the pip doesn’t really have any bearing on what the pip is for, because it wouldn’t apply to you anyway if you aren’t playing every week.

A player returning from an absence wouldn’t get the commitment pip on their first week back anyway so again, the point is mute. The week after however, if he/she completed gold tier, they would gain +4 commitment pips instead of +1 for being committed, which would then help them complete the skirmish tracks quicker.

• Like 3

A more elegant solution would be to add Weekly Achievements for WvW with specific volume tiers. For example: kills, damage dealt (to players, to npcs, to siege, to structures, etc....), amount healed to players, NPC's/players revived so on and so forth; the possibilities are vast. The more of these you complete during the week you get a multiplier that will grant you additional pips with a ceiling of the diamond chest (can't repeat it). This will allow for people with lower ranks to get to diamond more easily, reward them for exploring various aspects of the game mode, and wouldn't give the veterans a huge advantage. Plus, its a system that partially exists already, just not with these parameters and end result.

• Like 1