Is there a way to have the old layout of the forums. FIXED

Let me begin by simping anet for adding a dark mode its really nice on the eyes.

Whats not so nice on the eyes is the lack of structure the new frontpage has, in the past youd have the categories of discussions which you then pick to view the psots you wanted to view, the new layout however just throws posts at you from multiple categories. I assume you are able to filter it and i hope that the site will remember if i filter it but to me changing this aspect of the forums at all seems bizzare, it was fine before why change it?

Edited by zealex.9410

9 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

the new layout however just throws posts at you from multiple categories. I assume you are able to filter it and i hope that the site will remember if i filter it but to me changing this aspect of the forums at all seems bizzare, it was fine before why change it?

just access.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/

or

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/10-game-discussion/

Is categorized.

unless theres some 'hidden' option(that i didnt know) to show uncategorized.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416

14 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

Let me begin by simping anet for adding a dark mode its really nice on the eyes.

Whats not so nice on the eyes is the lack of structure the new frontpage has, in the past youd have the categories of discussions which you then pick to view the psots you wanted to view, the new layout however just throws posts at you from multiple categories. I assume you are able to filter it and i hope that the site will remember if i filter it but to me changing this aspect of the forums at all seems bizzare, it was fine before why change it?

I feel like you've accidentally clicked the 'Activity' view on the top links(the one in between 'Dev Tracker' and 'content i posted in'), this will order forum posts from the most recent and older.

clicking 'forum' will bring you back to the normal view with specific categories

Edited by Parasite.5389

2 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

I feel like you've accidentally clicked the 'Activity' view on the top links(the one in between 'Dev Tracker' and 'content i posted in'), this will order forum posts from the most recent and older.

clicking 'forum' will bring you back to the normal view with specific categories

Any link i click bring me to the general discussion category (because ive filtered to show it for the time) the old layout of having the categories is not accessible for me. I also want to say that im on mobile and havent visited the forums on pc yet.

1 minute ago, zealex.9410 said:

Any link i click bring me to the general discussion category (because ive filtered to show it for the time) the old layout of having the categories is not accessible for me. I also want to say that im on mobile and havent visited the forums on pc yet.

right, you might want to change your topic to mention the Mobile version of the forum, because the desktop version doesn't have any of these issues.

• Like 1

Try this: Either on a phone or on PC go to the front page of the forum and look for a set of 3 buttons on the right side, opposite the word Forums. One is 4 lines, one is a grid of squares and one is 3 bullet pointed lines. Click the 4 lines.

That should bring you back to a typical forum front page view with all the different sections listed and then you can click on a section to view the topics within it.

It sounds like you've currently got it set to the 3rd option, which is labelled as 'fluid' and just gives you one big list of topics, with options to filter it to show topics from specific sections or everything together.

(The one in the middle, the grid display, is even more unhelpful IMO. Each section gets a big rectangular grey box header with any sub-forums under it and the most recent topic below that. It looks a mess, there's a lot of wasted space and I can't see what it adds which would be useful.)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

There was a button on the bottom on the page to switch theme ... yesterday but now it seems to have disappeared.

It's still there for me. On my phone it's right at the bottom of the page, on PC it's below the links back to GW2 Discussion and other pages and above the 'follow us on social media' buttons.

There's a little drop-down which says theme and clicking on it gives you a choice between GW2 (default) and GW2 Dark.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's still there for me. On my phone it's right at the bottom of the page, on PC it's below the links back to GW2 Discussion and other pages and above the 'follow us on social media' buttons.

There's a little drop-down which says theme and clicking on it gives you a choice between GW2 (default) and GW2 Dark.

Figured out what why it isn't there. Forgot I was using a custom style sheet which removes that area which previous was just wasted empty space. Still a bit out of place in its current location though.

12 minutes ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Ah found it. The red is now a bit irritating, but its way bette~.

and the white(text). A bit too bright.

Too much contrast between background and foreground. Although I just get rid of all that entirely. https://imgur.com/ZaXDTHK

2 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Try this: Either on a phone or on PC go to the front page of the forum and look for a set of 3 buttons on the right side, opposite the word Forums. One is 4 lines, one is a grid of squares and one is 3 bullet pointed lines. Click the 4 lines.

That should bring you back to a typical forum front page view with all the different sections listed and then you can click on a section to view the topics within it.

It sounds like you've currently got it set to the 3rd option, which is labelled as 'fluid' and just gives you one big list of topics, with options to filter it to show topics from specific sections or everything together.

(The one in the middle, the grid display, is even more unhelpful IMO. Each section gets a big rectangular grey box header with any sub-forums under it and the most recent topic below that. It looks a mess, there's a lot of wasted space and I can't see what it adds which would be useful.)

That did it, idk why it changed the format on its own (maybe due to the update that also added dark mode but yeah it all good now. Ill update title.

• zealex.9410 changed the title to Is there a way to have the old layout of the forums. FIXED