Giftable TP to Friend

Gaffo.2415

Recently, some friends decided to (finally) leave WoW and try this MMO I've been talking about for so long.

3 started as Sylvari and loving it, but a friend started as a Norn and playing without the others has been really detrimental to how he looks at GW2.
They are all on free accounts as they want to try the game an decide if they will buy EoD, so they can't go into Lion's Arch until level 35.

I've seen so many new refugees from WoW and BDO in map chat; I'm pretty sure other are having this issue.

My idea: Just give full accounts a couple of giftable TP to Friend so we can send them to our new player friends.
Heck, I would even pay some gems to gift some to a new friend.

Any of you guys have suggestions to get this lvl. 10 Norn to the other guys across the map. He will not make it to level 35 playing without the others.

I might just walk him all the way there, I guess.

Your friend should still be able to get to any of the other races starter maps.  The first WP for each should be unlocked. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Starting_area

Before level 10, Free accounts have access to a waypoint in every starter area, but cannot access the services in any race's capital city.

The chat code for said waypoints is listed in the wiki article I linked above.  As for TP to friends, check the gem store.  I don't know if they can be gifted to free accounts or not.   I forget.  Oh I think they are not for sale in the gems store.  I thought they were.  I guess it is just the recharging TP to friend in the store.

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 5

It would be nice if the TP to Friends was giftable. I have so many of them I hardly ever use, and I'd use them a lot more if I could send them to other players so they can teleport to me. It would be especially useful during guild missions.

But as @JustTrogdor.7892 said this specific issue has already been solved because everyone starts with a waypoint in each of the 5 starter maps unlocked so they can move between them for minimal cost. I've just checked on my free account and going from Rata Sum to Plains of Ashford costs 74 copper for a level 11 character.

Also completing the tutorial mastery achievement awards a scroll with 5 free teleports to starter maps.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Do the free accounts get that reward?  I feel like they do, but something is nagging me that says otherwise…..  🤷

The wiki does not mention anything about free to play accounts for those achievements.  But I don't see why they would not.  Everything for that is done in core maps and free to play accounts have access to all core maps.    Here is a list of free to play restrictions.  It doesn't mention anything about that particular reward.  Of course I've never tested it myself so I can only go by what information I looked up:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Account#Free_accounts

Edited by JustTrogdor.7892
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

Do the free accounts get that reward?  I feel like they do, but something is nagging me that says otherwise…..  🤷

Free accounts do not have limited rewards from achievements. No matter the status of your account, you get full rewards from any achievements that you complete. Same with loot from mobs and chests and pvp and wvw reward tracks and etc. In terms of economy, the only thing that you're limited in is the ability to use the trading post. You can buy/sell some things like crafting materials but not much else on a free account. And imo, if you're able to buy/sell crafting materials, you really don't need much else. Free accounts are incredibly generous. Any hindrances exist to stop gold sellers and scammers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JustTrogdor.7892 said:

Your friend should still be able to get to any of the other races starter maps.  The first WP for each should be unlocked. 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Starting_area

The chat code for said waypoints is listed in the wiki article I linked above.  As for TP to friends, check the gem store.  I don't know if they can be gifted to free accounts or not.   I forget.  Oh I think they are not for sale in the gems store.  I thought they were.  I guess it is just the recharging TP to friend in the store.

Thank you so much! My friends didn't notice this!

7 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

The achievement was visible and not locked on my free account, and showing the progress I'd made towards it, so it looks like they can.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Embered.5089 said:

Free accounts do not have limited rewards from achievements. No matter the status of your account, you get full rewards from any achievements that you complete. Same with loot from mobs and chests and pvp and wvw reward tracks and etc. In terms of economy, the only thing that you're limited in is the ability to use the trading post. You can buy/sell some things like crafting materials but not much else on a free account. And imo, if you're able to buy/sell crafting materials, you really don't need much else. Free accounts are incredibly generous. Any hindrances exist to stop gold sellers and scammers.

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

The achievement was visible and not locked on my free account, and showing the progress I'd made towards it, so it looks like they can.

Thank you both.  

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Also all the main cities have asura portals that take you to Lions Arch and where you land you can take portals to all the capital cities. So an alternate route that doesn't cost anything 🙂

The OP stated their friend is on a free account and under level 35.  Free accounts can't access Lion's Arch until they reach level 35.  But your suggestion will certainly work once they reach that level.