Separate Not So Secret Dive from Dive Master please

4 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Which is still true no matter how many times you quote me.

No, if you lower requirements of the main rewards of the achievements, getting that reward gets easier, while the rest gets ignored.

4 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Mechanically, Not So Secret is still the same dive with the same level of difficulty and the same overall amount of AP awarded if one chooses to partake in all available dives

Yes, mechanically it is still the same, which is why I keep repeating that it is NOT luck-based (nor is there any special jump technique needed) like some people try to pretend and why there's no need to suddenly cut elements of the achievements out of this achievement.

If it really is just about AP awarded, then there's plenty of other achievements that can grant them. But it's not about the AP, so lets not start pretending otherwise now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But it's not about the AP, so lets not start pretending otherwise now.

Neat, we agree about something!

You finally understand four pages of people telling you it's about the ridiculousness of an achievement comprised of 37 simple tasks and one quite challenging task with no in-between. The lopsided mixture of difficulties is what it's all about. You asked how I'd do the breakdown of rewards if we were to separate out the tough dive and I answered, but the rewards were never the point.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

You finally understand four pages of people telling you it's about the ridiculousness of an achievement comprised of 37 simple tasks and one quite challenging task with no in-between. The lopsided mixture of difficulties is what it's all about. You asked how I'd do the breakdown of rewards if we were to separate out the tough dive and I answered, but the rewards were never the point.

This doesn't respond to anything I wrote and seems completely disjointed from the previous few posts.

Not only that, but you've suddenly decided to completely ignore the fact that you've claimed "nothing here will be made easier", then instantly responding with a ""solution"" that would make it easier. Not "neat". 😕

And nothing's "lopsided" here, you have a list of tasks with the same mechanics to complete and that's all there is to it. Maybe the problem here really lies in the fact that some people aren't even aware they have some control mid-air or think that it doesn't matter that much.

Edited by Sobx.1758
spam those confused emotes all you want, what I said is still true :D
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

The difficulty spike is more or less doing the jumping puzzle.  The actual dive is as easy as the rest of them and can be done as consistently as all other  dives.  There's a spot you can jump from that you have to do no repositioning for and make it 100%, without fail, into the water each and every time.  Every other dive  is like  this; stand as close to the edge as you can get, dive down into the water.  And, to be 100% honest, my memory of this achievement may be poor because I did it years ago now.

• Confused 2

I wouldnt mind the dive itself if the invisible walls kept you from getting from the jump spot to the airship and instead let it function as a second way inside from the bottom of that section.

That you either have to angle your second bond glide over the second set of invisible walls (you cant just glide AT that platform anymore) or do 90% of NSS makes this dive waaaaaaaay out of line with every other dive on the list. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Barraind.7324 said:

I wouldnt mind the dive itself if the invisible walls kept you from getting from the jump spot to the airship and instead let it function as a second way inside from the bottom of that section.

That you either have to angle your second bond glide over the second set of invisible walls (you cant just glide AT that platform anymore) or do 90% of NSS makes this dive waaaaaaaay out of line with every other dive on the list. 

I could get behind a way that allows you to have fast resets to redo the dive that doesn't involve having to go through the JP.  Even if it were a sink for bladeshards or  watchwork sprockets.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Adding to this.  As a newer player, having to do the jumping puzzle repeatedly is insane.  I complete the JP itself and got the chest after accidentally jumping to the wrong place and cutting myself off from the goggles attempt.  Even with constantly getting stuck in combat for no reason (everything is dead, how do the guys on the floor even see us in the pillar jumping?), which constantly killed my ability to jump (wouldn't time out or reset, had to leave and come back each time).  All the other goggles were fine.  Some were even fun.  I am trying to get the mastery point associated with this achievement as there are slim pickings for primary mastery points and I would like to auto loot.  The auto loot being locked at the end of that mastery line already stings enough as it is.

That all being said, 5 hours of failure today, on top of all my other failures for the goggles previously, mainly due to either me simply missing a jump or being stuck in combat.  I just have to walk away from it.  If the free content gate on a mastery point is this insane and buggy, I don't know if I would want to purchase the content that houses more of these points.  I am not here for perfect, no error on my part, and no bugs from the game, and no lag from my connection completions.  I want to have fun.  I know people have succeeded here.  I am not diminishing what they did.  More power to them.  I am saying I am failing on the final step of something that was all else very simple, and it kills my desire to play and ability to progress in a way I find meaningful.  I cannot understand it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1