Deep wilds mounts

On 9/1/2021 at 1:58 PM, Sylvyn.4750 said:

It would have been preferable if they released these packs all in one theme, so that if you like a theme you can complete the collection right away instead of wait for an untold amount of time to pass.  They do this with the BL weapon sets, and with holiday themed mounts, why not all mount sets?

Because this way you have to buy more in order to get what you want. It really is simple. Their aim is to make as much money as possible off of you.

Edited by crewthief.8649
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/11/2021 at 5:58 AM, crewthief.8649 said:

Because this way you have to buy more in order to get what you want. It really is simple. Their aim is to make as much money as possible off of you.

Yes, unfortunately...but in my case I stopped at one unique skin for each mount, though not of the same theme because it was too expensive to try and go that route, though I do like all the feline Warclaw mounts if they make more of those.  Aren't there others like me that simply stopped once they got a 400 gem skin for each mount type?  How much more could Anet have made if they had a middle of the road option that narrowed the RNG down a bit?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Yes, unfortunately...but in my case I stopped at one unique skin for each mount, though not of the same theme because it was too expensive to try and go that route, though I do like all the feline Warclaw mounts if they make more of those.  Aren't there others like me that simply stopped once they got a 400 gem skin for each mount type?  How much more could Anet have made if they had a middle of the road option that narrowed the RNG down a bit?

I buy mounts when they are different from the base model now. I did get the supply drops because that was a good value, and I did buy the dark monarch because its very different from the base mount. Keep in mind though I pay for all my gems with real money, not through gold exchange, so for me its rare to purchase expensive mounts. But in 2 months I spent 95 dollars on gems. Thats a little over 6 months sub fee in wow or FF. The price of a skin for a mount that is the best ones are 25 bucks for a skin, thats a bit much imo, I would buy more if the price wasnt so high.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Zuldari.3940 said:

I buy mounts when they are different from the base model now. I did get the supply drops because that was a good value, and I did buy the dark monarch because its very different from the base mount. Keep in mind though I pay for all my gems with real money, not through gold exchange, so for me its rare to purchase expensive mounts. But in 2 months I spent 95 dollars on gems. Thats a little over 6 months sub fee in wow or FF. The price of a skin for a mount that is the best ones are 25 bucks for a skin, thats a bit much imo, I would buy more if the price wasnt so high.

This is the right approach.
It contradicts what your original post is about though.

On 9/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, Memoden.6953 said:

My only gripe here is that these mounts do not show up on my mounts page, collected or not. I want to see all possible mounts listed on my character pane, this helps me make a purchase decision.

It would be more convenient to see them there, indeed (and eventually they do seem to get there, eg I don't have the Shiverpeaks pack but can preview them from the locked mounts section).  Meanwhile there are a few ways to see them.  The easiest is, once they are in the store, you click on the eyeball or whatever button in the gem store listing for the Select License and it brings up a preview that only has the mounts for that set.  You can also go to the wiki once item codes are in and copy paste to preview in your Hero Panel -- I don't think that gets you a better view than the direct store preview, unless it also applies your dyes for that mount instead of the default dyes.  And if they aren't in the store or wiki yet, it's possible That Shaman has them up on his reddit as pasteable codes.  He includes current release codes as well as upcoming possible items.

And finally, if you don't want to fiddle with any of those, someone usually posts a video preview of the new mounts, albeit just the gem store preview I first listed above.  Used to be Dulfy would actually film each new mount along with its dye channels but I haven't seen anyone pick up that torch.

Edited by Donari.5237